• Nigel Gluesniff

Lets talk about the server (long read)

• hamme in the 3 years ive beenin the communtiy i have done rebel civ contracting cartel randoms roleplay sits as civ sydney gang shit and cop and medic also did the hole support team then mod then admin rebels have done adn still bitch about the same old shit as they did 2 years ago all thats change is you all get more salty when you get tazed

• Like 1
    • wooow 1
    • Haha 1

Uncle Rifle    1
    14 hours ago, Nigel Gluesniff said:

you all get more salty when you get tazed

Cannot agree more, for the years i have been playing as cop/admin/dev through out many community's this is the biggest problem and no matter what you do there is no fixing the issue its apart of the game no need to get so salty.

On 8/13/2019 at 10:00 AM, Nigel Gluesniff said:

medic: no you havent changed in my books you all take forever to respond and cant drive to save you own life but medic roleplay has dropped alot aswell half of you if not most dont even talk unless your complaing about somthing.

Look I'm not going to sugarcoat it at all, as medic is my main faction to play on, and I enjoy it most of all. But sometimes after you've spent some time getting to know some of the "personalities" that some rebels have, and how they quite often bad mouth some of the medics, it is no wonder why the medic will go out to the revive location, pick up the person known to be a bit of a scumbag and leave the scene straight away. This is purely to prevent the toxic comments that some medics receive, as some medics feel it's not worth the time and effort to do anything else about it.  Not to mention the protocols that medics must maintain and server rules that must be followed for the medic to be able to stay within the Altis Paramedic Service.

As you've spoken about response time taking "forever", once again this sometimes is due to the medics having to adhere to protocols. For example, medics are not to enter a combat zone until 2 minutes after the last gunshot was fired, or it has been cleared code 5.
    So at times when medics are attempting to respond, there are trolls who see medics moving in to revive people and begin shooting furiously. Therefore, the medic must back off out of the combat zone again and wait.

Just another point of view to enlighten you and some other people who take the time to read it.

@Dr Pepper but your not going to change anything if you do nothing you wont change anything if you dont try if they are salty and carry on let them if they wanna kick and scream let them ignore them whatever but dont stop trying with others. medics do have it hard these days with the all the protocol changes and shit but i think it needs to be re looked at for sydney shit because there have been times ive been down for upto 20-30mins but new situation starts and medics stay in market if somoene has requested and its been 10mins you as a medic should be able to get them up after 5 mins you as a medic should be able to asses a situation or see what is going on to get that person up or of thing cause ive been killed on bridge down for 10 mins because another group was fighting cops at office which is silly

I understand where you're coming from brother in regard to a situation happening on Syd Bridge then another one starting down at the office, but once again that's within 200m for the non-combat response trained medics who are not allowed within 200m of combat. There will be times when a medic with combat response is in the general vicinity of that situation that will be able to respond, however, dependant on what's happening on the map, these medics may get soaked away from Syd to attend a Westpac or Pharma Robbery for example.

It really depends what is going on.

Don't get me wrong brother, I am taking your points on board and will pass these on to the medics who haven't read this post.

Now for the trolls/toxic rebels/civs. We do try engage in roleplay with them, however we do not want to force them into engaging in roleplay with us. Most medics (and I mean a solid 90-95% of them) will give people who are initially being toxic, abusive or a troll a chance. However if these people persistently continue down a path that makes that medics game time unenjoyable, I support their decision not to engage with them.

Honestly thank you for replying to my previous post as it has generated some ideas, and is a good general discussion to have with you to see your point of view.

zed    156
    On 8/14/2019 at 6:13 AM, luke_ said:

Make it a strict rp server and all the good players will quit.

You actually have a brain and I love you for it xx

• Like 1
    • <3 1

FarmerJoe    24

I highly disagree with many of the complaints about little roleplay. Myself and the Farmers Union gang find roleplay scenarios every session without fail. Yes we kill civi's BUT there's ALWAYS roleplay involved (eg getting them up to the farm, getting them to "deliver" weaponry to other members, etc.). Yes we are Sydney rats, but that's because it's the only place we can get legitimate, entertaining roleplay. Rebels always seem to play the same game of robbing, simon says, or hostage scenarios. These get excruciatingly boring after the 10th time. Sydney has many new players and many more opportunities to engage in humorous yet legitimate roleplay.

For people trying to say there isn't roleplay... you're trying hard enough.

• Facepalm 1

Jewbacca    425
    1 hour ago, FarmerJoe said:

I highly disagree with many of the complaints about little roleplay. Myself and the Farmers Union gang find roleplay scenarios every session without fail. Yes we kill civi's BUT there's ALWAYS roleplay involved (eg getting them up to the farm, getting them to "deliver" weaponry to other members, etc.). Yes we are Sydney rats, but that's because it's the only place we can get legitimate, entertaining roleplay. Rebels always seem to play the same game of robbing, simon says, or hostage scenarios. These get excruciatingly boring after the 10th time. Sydney has many new players and many more opportunities to engage in humorous yet legitimate roleplay.

For people trying to say there isn't roleplay... you're trying hard enough.

Up the Farmers Union!!

On 8/13/2019 at 8:44 AM, JdawgZ said:

I agree and i disagree on this point...

The rule was specifically about gang tags, not about names. The purpose of the rule was to add balance back to the Cops vs Gang scenario. in rebel vs rebel or civ vs civ combat, when dec'd on, you all use the gang names to identify who you are fighting and who you can incapacitate or target.

for cops, its even easier for rebels, you can just look at the uniform and vehicle and see the cops coming long before you see a name tag.

in Sydney it was worse, rats would dec on cops, walk up to them and chase them then wait for the cop to turn around and kill them. The cop couldnt do shit until a hostile action was taken. This was perhaps the most stupid part of the game I personally had ever seen. This isnt roleplay and a life server you dont dec on some one then stand next to them for 9 mins and walk with them then shoot them. People wonder why the rule change came in, blame the way the rats would dec/then in plain sight be trolling.

I agree with you though, it removes alot of old roleplay which was fun. Cops having to trick you into revealing your identity or catching you breaking a law and decing on you etc.

-

-

-

Sydney should be the pinnacle of roleplay on the server, but its not, both civs and cops are to blame.

Cops dont want to roleplay with you if they cant stand still for longer than a minute without receiving 3 or 4 decs in that time, they are not going to bother with RBT or trying to give you a roadside ticket cause in the time it takes them to finish roadside roleplay, theyd have been killed 4 times over by civs with nothing better to do. Cops should be trying to tase and restrain, but half the time they try take you back to PD, people eject out of vehicles while in restraints (not VLR) to kill themselves, they scream in their discords for friends to kill them (as a retired mod, i cant tell you how many times i have heard that in evidence videos provided "just kill me before he takes me back"). The side chat of gangs cohesively telling eachother exactly where cops are and working together etc. Then when they do get you back to PD, the same stories told over and over again, then laywers come and do the exact same thing every single time.... i look forward to seeing you nigel in the processing rooms cause its always really funny. Other lawyers seem to follow the same lame script and nothing changes lol.

At the same time, Civs dont want to roleplay cause aside from runs outside of city limits, the only thing the server offers is combat or being a troll/rat. So back to my personal POV, theres nothing to do in sydney lol. So what roleplay can civilians do? theres no jobs or points of interest in sydney. so being a rat is literally the main point of Sydney.

After wipe, cops left sydney - the city was abandoned and the pop near but all died. Cops barely saw civs or rebels only to occasionally enter into boring dsync battles or banks. Civs basically left the server cause all they wanted to was be rats. The medics try to role play and often get told no or to **** off.... aside form revives all they have is verbal roleplay "are you ok, you need to come to hospital with meso i can roleplay operate on you" etc - no one wants to to do it tho  and for the medics theres nothing in the server that gives them anything else to do (i always wanted to see extra things like endemics or plagues etc) No jobs meant nothing really to do and because people dont have purposes any more, the roleplay that goes with it is dead.

So yea Roleplay is definitely missing, every faction has a part to play - medics really need to learn to drive - i personally believe we need a new meta or purpose for rebels and civs to do and enjoy where combat isnt the main focus, but a resort they will happily go to if you interfere with their purpose. Then Roleplay in my opnion will start to come back.

These are my thoughts - agree or disagree just dont be salty lol

100 Percent agree with you on this one @JdawgZ, couldn't have said it any better myself 👍

• Facepalm 1

@Nigel, back when I used to play a few of years ago, there was actually decent roleplay, a clean server that everyone joined in to rp, cops were decent like you could bribe them, theyd have an understanding, you would actually be able to have a fair trial. I 100 percent agree with everything you said and I think that everyone needs to look what is happening, rebels and cops with their desync battles, hardly any combat and civs roaming sydney rdming and deccing on every bloke and his dog. From what JdawgZ said about adding an epidemic like a virus would definately spice it up a bit, I still remember when the admins set that up once, was wicked. I have been playing on and off for the past few years now due to school and work but I jumped on a couple of months back and I found that this is how the server is now.

• Like 1