• zed

What the server needs.

• Dizzy    97

u know navids were removed almost a whole year ago yet it still being brought back up

7 minutes ago, zed said:

But it's ****ing boring. Nobody actually wants to sit there for hours clicking windows key to get a bit of fake currency just to go to the same old fight at capture points.

this is true honestly cba doing heli runs or gem runs because its repetitive and so ****ing boring something needs to change

but honestly this suggestion was hard to read as u dont play as much anymore

• Like 1

.Scorpion    89
    14 minutes ago, zed said:

Maybe discuss prices with the community team, as far as I'm aware the community team has a good understanding of the server and can assist in getting prices right.

Aside from myself I think there's one other guy who plays AL in Community Team. However, I do agree with much of you've said; I'll kick the idea around up top, ask some current rebels, such and such. 

• Like 2

zed    140
    7 minutes ago, Dizzy said:

but honestly this suggestion was hard to read as u dont play as much anymore

That's true, but Gems were still the meta when I left so nothing has changed in that regard.

zed    140
    2 minutes ago, .Scorpion said:

Aside from myself I think there's one other guy who plays AL in Community Team. However, I do agree with much of you've said; I'll kick the idea around up top, ask some current rebels, such and such. 

That's much appreciated. Perhaps the higher ups should look to recruit some more AL players for the community team. I'm pretty sure that AL is SG's highest earning server and (maybe not anymore) highest pop server as well.

bouda118    304
    6 minutes ago, zed said:

That's much appreciated. Perhaps the higher ups should look to recruit some more AL players for the community team. I'm pretty sure that AL is SG's highest earning server and (maybe not anymore) highest pop server as well.

We just brought a new wave of QA gamers in ( Go suss out the QA if you are unfamiliar ), still looking for one to represent police.

Pop yes, earnings no, IA gamers are crazy @Fitz and his crew carry the donations.

• Like 2
    • kkool 1

Red    1005
    35 minutes ago, zed said:

But it's ****ing boring. Nobody actually wants to sit there for hours clicking windows key to get a bit of fake currency just to go to the same old fight at capture points. Nobody.

Then do something different, this is a roleplaying game. We can only do so much to spice things up, the rest is up to you.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Role-playing_game

You can't do the same thing over and over again expecting everyone to enjoy it forever

• Facepalm 2
    • reee 1
    • Dislike 1
    • nothanks 1

zed    140
    1 minute ago, Red said:

Then do something different, this is a roleplaying game. We can only do so much to spice things up, the rest is up to you.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Role-playing_game

You can't do the same thing over and over again expecting everyone to enjoy it forever

My point is that it isn't worth doing anything different because the most profitable thing to do is Gems, but doing gems is boring. I'm suggesting that instead of doing something boring for cash, the meta should change so that people are having fun whilst earning cash. Also, thanks for the link I wasn't quite sure what an RPG was ❤️ 

• Like 1

Red    1005
    Just now, zed said:

My point is that it isn't worth doing anything different because the most profitable thing to do is Gems, but doing gems is boring. I'm suggesting that instead of doing something boring for cash, the meta should change so that people are having fun whilst earning cash. Also, thanks for the link I wasn't quite sure what an RPG was ❤️ 

We can only do so much to change the meta though, there is a certain onus on the players to not do the things that are boring, and to find new, fun, and entertaining ways to play the game.

Almost all meta altering changes are met by autistic screeching...
    I lowered gem proficiencies a while ago and all the rebel gangs lost their shit because they couldn't make max cash in a few hours anymore.

• Like 2

zed    140
    2 minutes ago, Red said:

We can only do so much to change the meta though, there is a certain onus on the players to not do the things that are boring, and to find new, fun, and entertaining ways to play the game.

I agree that it's up to the player to play the game how they want to play it, but altis life has a competitive aspect. It is a PVP based RPG after all, therefore everybody wants to be the best. This means that many players, often the dedicated ones (ie rebels and cops) are willing to sacrifice their time to make as much money as they can in order to buy the best gear possible. The thing I don't understand is the idea that it has to be a sacrifice for those dedicated players, why can't the meta change back to what it used to be in order to make earning money fun again.

@Red Back when the economy was overflowing with cash though that is an extreme example, people didn't have to worry about making money. So gangs had to come up with ways of enjoying themselves. Issue is now that for people to do that they need to do hours of boring grinding to get shot & killed and lose what they worked for. We need as much to do as possible in my opinion and if that means filling the server back with cash and new enjoyable guns. That would be pretty 👌

• Like 3

zed    140
    1 minute ago, luke_ said:

Need good gangs that aren't IX to fight. If the server has good fights it will be fun.

Agreed, and changing the meta to encourage players who aren't in gangs to join one will help with that. 

bouda118    304
    27 minutes ago, luke_ said:

Need good gangs that aren't IX to fight. If the server has good fights it will be fun.

Unfortunately they much prefer to go and get themselves all com banned. 

• lul 1
    • kkool 1
    • wooow 1
    • Monkey 1

luke_    196
    1 minute ago, bouda118 said:

Good gangs... Not ones that lose gang wars in 2 minutes

Edited by luke_
    • kkool 1
    • thinking3d 1

China    61
    3 hours ago, bouda118 said:

Maybe start looking at giving out lighter bans 🙂

The player base is already on the decrease. 

• Like 1
    • thonking 1

Lachlan    204
    11 minutes ago, China said:

Maybe start looking at giving out lighter bans 🙂

The player base is already on the decrease. 

I said it 5 years ago the reason why the playerbase is decreasing is because:

A) people have moved on from Arma 3 and moved on other games or younger people are just not interested in playing older games like arma 3.

B) Some people don't want to play with default altis life or are board with playing with default Arma 3 vehicles and weapons anymore some people wound like to have more realistic affect to the game with mods like task forced radio and more vehicles, weapons and custom addons I said it 3-4 years ago Alits life will die out one day and so will Arma 3 eventuality and I said we need to branch outside of arma 3 and outside of alits life like two-three years ago we were working on a strict Arma 3 life server with custom addons that could have worked but was canned in the end due to the lack of Dev's.

C) It's a Role play server Role play instead of shooting, Role play your way out of things and it shouldn't be about shooty shooty it should be about RP that's what alits life is about RP and making some money. 

• Like 2
    • feelsretardedman 1

zed    140
    3 hours ago, Lachlan said:

I said it 5 years ago the reason why the playerbase is decreasing is because:

A) people have moved on from Arma 3 and moved on other games or younger people are just not interested in playing older games like arma 3.

B) Some people don't want to play with default altis life or are board with playing with default Arma 3 vehicles and weapons anymore some people wound like to have more realistic affect to the game with mods like task forced radio and more vehicles, weapons and custom addons I said it 3-4 years ago Alits life will die out one day and so will Arma 3 eventuality and I said we need to branch outside of arma 3 and outside of alits life like two-three years ago we were working on a strict Arma 3 life server with custom addons that could have worked but was canned in the end due to the lack of Dev's.

C) It's a Role play server Role play instead of shooting, Role play your way out of things and it shouldn't be about shooty shooty it should be about RP that's what alits life is about RP and making some money. 

You're still trying to compare Straya to other servers. It's not worth it, it's better to just build upon what Straya is already known for. We had a good system and a lot of pop back in the day and that was for a reason. Straya AL is not a strict roleplay server with custom addons, it's a place for people to come on and have some fun. Those people who want a strict roleplay server can go find one. Also, "shooty shooty" is what makes AL fun and nobody can ever or will ever change that. That is the reason why people play video games after all am I right? to have fun, and potentially do things that they wouldn't be able to in real life. Everyone can go and pick some apples or talk to people in real life. However, not everybody can go and join a rebel gang and drive in armoured vehicles looking for people to rob and shoot at. It's exciting and it's what draws people to altis life. I guess what I'm really trying to say is, people are diverse. No two people want the same thing and no two server is exactly the same. Straya should stop trying to copy the style of any other server and instead build their own. If I am being completely honest, we already had our own unique identity and presence in the arma 3 community pre wipe but for some reason people wanted the server to become more like olympus and the server started to die. Both rebels and cops (from what I can see) agree that the idea to try and 'become another server' was a bad one and it would be best to revert to how things used to be. You're right, eventually arma 3 will die out and slowly but surely it is happening. However, I'm sure I speak for most people when I say that the best possible outcome would be for staff to revert things to the way they were and let the server die out in peace as StrayaGaming Altis Life, not Olympus.

Edited by zed
    I wasn't finished
    • Like 5

Wiskey    30

I personally think Zed has hit the nail on the head, just he didn’t realise it. I think the main issue with straya is lack of high teir rebel activities, IMO uranium should be restored to the pre-nerf prices so rebels have a great money maker. I personally recall desperately making runs on illegal in a truck with like 4 uranium to sell as a civ. It was some of the best fun I had on straya. I think a good point of this is capture points; Money isn’t worth fighting over, You can’t sell the guns. To fix capture points the 10 minute bonus should be rolled to 40k and the staff should look into adding back the player market/auction. I have always liked this feature and It will allow for crafters, thief’s and rebels to trade over a single system (while obviously the system takes a hefty percentage for this (%15) undercover stuff) 

I think the staff would be wise to consider this, and for those sniffing it off as “Wopay, **** off if you don’t want to Wopay with me” you ought to take a common sense pill, the civs are the best faction on straya and the server is suffering due to that. 

• Like 1