Jump to content
  • zed

    What the server needs.

    Recommended Posts

  • Wiskey    30
    1 hour ago, Turbanator said:

    Or you guys should play some I&A and hop onto a Zeus event server on Friday, people from all servers can join!

    Not only does this totally miss the point of the discussion and make you look like a shill for the event, it makes the staff team overall look bad. Basically what you’ve (a staff member) just done is told us (people who have aired legitimate complaints about the server in a constructive manner) to join a different server. Now this is what we in the industry may call “Big Brain Time” 

    I’m sure that many of the Altis life players will join another server, probably not a straya one though.

    On another relevant note I’ve noticed a trend of staff shutting down discussions by locking them when critical of the server after one or two community members bring the discussion off topic, as opposed to hiding the relevant off topic posts. 

    Edited by Wiskey
    • Like 1
    • <3 1

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    Chadd    816
    21 hours ago, China said:

    Maybe start looking at giving out lighter bans 🙂

    The player base is already on the decrease. 

    Yeah  bro we will let the Lynx guys off for hacking no worries.

    Edited by Chadd
    • feelsretardedman 1
    • Haha 2
    • nothanks 1

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Share on other sites

    Pre wipe days were the best, there was always something happening. I remember there always being 70+ civs on when I came on, and the way the server is now with pop is really sad to see. There were always fights going on, people actually had something other than a mk1 back then, you had people with zafs, navids, asps, lynxs, mk1s and others. The economy wipe created a meta where it was just mk1 vs mk1, and that made combat get stale really quickly. I see their slowly making gang bases better with adding mk200s, I remember the gang base I had whitelisting to in pre wipe had zafs, mk200s, asps and more and it was heaps good, but for too long the new gang bases were basically just another rebel outpost and they weren't really worth paying and fighting for. Making gang bases what they were would be a step in the right direction imo, cause then rebels will actually want to own a GB and then will enjoy combat more because they will have easier access to these bigger guns without having to spend hours crafting or going to KOS store. 

    Old uranium would be good to have back as well, I heard that it was OP but it was high risk high reward and it brought players in and there was more combat. Changing that back to the way it was would also be a step in the right direction, as rebel gear is not cheap and having a high risk high reward way to make tons of cash while having combat is a good aspect that the server had and that should come back. 

    I don't know how people feel about the new capture point and how its a KOS shop, but personally I think it was better up at the top left hand corner of the map, because with uranium and its high reward, players could then take that cash to another place on the map and buy better weaponry, it would just be another area for combat to occur, but that's just my imo on it. 

    These are things I think should be changed and obviously theres more but these are my main points, but zeds got the right idea about how straya should be its own server and ect, straya was great the way it was pre wipe , and it should add back everything that we lost with that economy wipe. 

    • Like 5
    • <3 3

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    zed    140

    @Turbanator Orrrrrrrr.... you can stick to I&A and we can stick to AL? No disrespect to you, I don't know you but the fact that you decided to come into an AL discussion and poach some players has reinforced my initial decision to stay as far away from I&A as possible. We are trying to better our community, try not to get in the way of that please. 

    • Like 3
    • wooow 1

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    Turbanator    17
    38 minutes ago, zed said:

    @Turbanator Orrrrrrrr.... you can stick to I&A and we can stick to AL? No disrespect to you, I don't know you but the fact that you decided to come into an AL discussion and poach some players has reinforced my initial decision to stay as far away from I&A as possible. We are trying to better our community, try not to get in the way of that please. 

     

    10 hours ago, Wiskey said:

    Not only does this totally miss the point of the discussion and make you look like a shill for the event, it makes the staff team overall look bad. Basically what you’ve (a staff member) just done is told us (people who have aired legitimate complaints about the server in a constructive manner) to join a different server. Now this is what we in the industry may call “Big Brain Time” 

    I’m sure that many of the Altis life players will join another server, probably not a straya one though.

    On another relevant note I’ve noticed a trend of staff shutting down discussions by locking them when critical of the server after one or two community members bring the discussion off topic, as opposed to hiding the relevant off topic posts. 

    I posted as a joke but I am sorry if I offended you. Even though I don't play Straya Gaming Altis Life I know what you are talking about and Staff Members have said that they are working on it and if you want to rather than making long paragraphers (not to be a dick) perhaps gathering information from everyone and sending it to the corresponding QA team or perhaps a good idea is making a list of the information you have gathered and make a forum post and do it every 2 weeks or. This is my opinion you are happy to ignore it or use what I have said and take it into consideration. If you want help with the list contact Scorpion. 

    Edited by Turbanator
    • Like 1
    • Wesmart 1

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    luke_    196

    The server has more content than it used to. The real issue is back then we had around 4 big gangs rolling around a along with cops. These gangs all won fights and all lost fights, some more than others obviously. My point is back then there was variety in who you fought and variety in the outcome. This is something that recently  the server has been lacking. One of the biggest issues is the skill gap on the server between the best gang and gangs just starting out. Before the wipe people were bad by current standards because over the past year since the wipe the people who have stuck around have gotten a lot better. Basically the skill gap has widened which means new players and gangs have to spend longer improving to get to the level of the top gangs and most of them get destroyed over and over again and give up. This is why there are less gangs and rebels because as older players stop playing there are less and less new players to replace them. 

    • Like 1

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    luke_    196
    8 hours ago, AustrianTrapLord said:

    i mean pre wipe was great if you were in the best gangs like aci and aow but the bad ones like omega just meant you got slapped and had to send pics to suzzi

    Aci were really bad especially that Fairfield's best guy and that tarplord guy.

    • Angry 1

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    Lenny    5
    On 9/11/2019 at 8:16 AM, Turbanator said:

    Or you guys should play some I&A and hop onto a Zeus event server on Friday, people from all servers can join!

    Been perm banned on all Straya servers for no particular reason except AL. Would love to but I can't

    • feelsretardedman 1
    • thonking 1

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Share on other sites

    Create an account or sign in to comment

    You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

    Create an account

    Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

    Register a new account

    Sign in

    Already have an account? Sign in here.

    Sign In Now

  • ×