• Dizzy

Medics are really not good

Chadd    922
    1 hour ago, JdawgZ said:

1. - medics can revive you even if you dont request for medic.

no

• Like 1

• Armando Wolff    310

When people get revived they don't want to be taken to a hospital or driven off by a medic, they want to continue fighting.

This is why medic is a useless faction as they are not needed for what they bring.

- Remove EMS
    - Give Inspectors+ defibs
    - Add epi-pens to rebel (one time use and they have a certain amount of time to make it to a shady doctor before dying)

May sound harsh for medics but either push for a huge change (can rev in combat, little to no restrcitions etc.) or try civ or cop.

• Like 4
    • babyrage 1

JdawgZ    293
    2 minutes ago, Chadd said:

no

points 1, 2 and 3 are all together - as in you do all 3 to make the idea work.

JdawgZ    293
    4 minutes ago, Armando Wolff said:

When people get revived they don't want to be taken to a hospital or driven off by a medic, they want to continue fighting.

This is why medic is a useless faction as they are not needed for what they bring.

this isnt koth....

JdawgZ    293
    Just now, Armando Wolff said:

This isn't a roleplay server

if we just keep coming back over and over fighting, the only winner is the ones with the bigger bank accounts who can afford more guns and vehicles. becomes boring as shit and just another thing for people to whinge about.

you should have 1 life, 1 opportunity to win the combat, you get killed then your out. Either take the respawn timer as penalty for dying or wait for a medic. Coming back over and over outside of the capture points on a robbery is just dumb

Armando Wolff    310
    2 minutes ago, JdawgZ said:

if we just keep coming back over and over fighting, the only winner is the ones with the bigger bank accounts who can afford more guns and vehicles. becomes boring as shit and just another thing for people to whinge about.

you should have 1 life, 1 opportunity to win the combat, you get killed then your out. Either take the respawn timer as penalty for dying or wait for a medic. Coming back over and over outside of the capture points on a robbery is just dumb

Hello? 

If we were able to rev ourselves we wouldn't need to buy more gear and return. Letting people be able to revive their teammates just adds a new mechanic and makes things more suspenseful. If you have either been restrained at a bank and one of the boys has to picklock you out you'll understand. The process of reviving someone would probably take like like 40 seconds to a minute (imo) giving plenty of time for the opposite side to take advantage of that.

I think you should get more knowledge of how the server works at the moment before you say stuff like this, currently people lose one fight and leave the server.

• thonking 1

JdawgZ    293
    1 minute ago, Armando Wolff said:

Hello? 

If we were able to rev ourselves we wouldn't need to buy more gear and return. Letting people be able to revive their teammates just adds a new mechanic and makes things more suspenseful. If you have either been restrained at a bank and one of the boys has to picklock you out you'll understand. The process of reviving someone would probably take like like 40 seconds to a minute (imo) giving plenty of time for the opposite side to take advantage of that.

I think you should get more knowledge of how the server works at the moment before you say stuff like this, currently people lose one fight and leave the server.

you think i enjoy getting killed at banks and having to sit and wait for the combat to end before i either respawn or get revived? no, but thats the penalty of getting killed. Cops go through the same stuff just as much as rebels do.

But I'm not the one here demanding they get rid of medics, which has developed its own community of people that really enjoy the game, add its own dynamic and can help with the server pop cause theres usually a few of them on. Maybe you should get some "knowledge of the server before you say stuff like that." im sure none of the medics reading this are feeling all that great getting slammed on.

People leave the server because there is no mission or purpose to the server any more. If you werent at a cap point or a bank theres nothing else youd be doing. Gems are OP and make money to easily and the drug fields/illegal dealer are pretty much always empty. the small gangs get shat on or have no idea how to get big, the big gangs keep merging and rebranding instead of fighting each other. Its boring.

• <3 2
    • nothanks 1

Armando Wolff    310

4 minutes ago, JdawgZ said:

you think i enjoy getting killed at banks and having to sit and wait for the combat to end before i either respawn or get revived? no, but thats the penalty of getting killed. Cops go through the same stuff just as much as rebels do.

But I'm not the one here demanding they get rid of medics, which has developed its own community of people that really enjoy the game, add its own dynamic and can help with the server pop cause theres usually a few of them on. Maybe you should get some "knowledge of the server before you say stuff like that." im sure none of the medics reading this are feeling all that great getting slammed on.

People leave the server because there is no mission or purpose to the server any more. If you werent at a cap point or a bank theres nothing else youd be doing. Gems are OP and make money to easily and the drug fields/illegal dealer are pretty much always empty. the small gangs get shat on or have no idea how to get big, the big gangs keep merging and rebranding instead of fighting each other. Its boring.

Got nothing against medics as people. Just their faction is useless for rebels, the only time they're around is for banks and if we win, cool not needed. We lose cops will get revived first then us, leading to our arrest. 

There's nothing a rebel can actually do to a medic (rob them, steal their vehicle, take them hostage for a bank). Hopefully, you can see why rebels get annoyed because to cops they're just tools to get our bounty.

JdawgZ    293

yea i can appreciate and respect that for rebels, when a rebel wins a bank i always respawn cause the last 2x times i was revived i got taken hostage haha. 

I guess that's originally why i was thinking if a rebel or a cop is revived  by a medic and it respawned with their gear at a hospital in a safe zone (like in GTA) where they cannot be touched, it would be better cause then they are out of the way of the dec, they are alive hopefully faster cause medics will want them revives and wouldnt have any reason not to revive some one in a combat area. (gives them a tactical element too i guess). and would be interesting watching them race through a battle field (being a distraction etc).

Could even put a medic outpost in cartel 2 so if you get revived at OG you go back to cartel to grab a new gun and race back?

back in the day when i was a medic, there was heaps of gang on gang decs around weed and heroin, i use to love flying in and reviving dead rebels and having banter Or setting up a medic outpost that turned into a massive rebel battle ground lol. I miss those days.... Feels like most medic interactions are from cop vs rebel fights now

Edited by JdawgZ

Holski.    170

haven't got my flushot yet  👹

on the real tho +1 tp epi-pens/defibs for cop and rebel

Edited by Holski.
    • Like 1

Armando Wolff    310

Like I said either push for a huge change or take the easier route and put revving into the hands of our teammates.

• Like 1

Lenny    61
    10 hours ago, iamjack said:

Hey Lenny, last time you send us a message,
    that message have been dealt with, 
    not sure if there is anyone get back to you at the end.
    but yeah, just to let you know.

A message would have been nice.

Alatz    24
    3 hours ago, Armando Wolff said:

- Remove EMS
    - Add epi-pens to rebel (one time use and they have a certain amount of time to make it to a shady doctor before dying)

May sound harsh for medics but either push for a huge change (can rev in combat, little to no restrcitions etc.) or try civ or cop.

So make the server's roleplay aspect no existent?
    I agree that there needs to be change with the way the APS functions but, if you gave cops and rebels access to revive people, you wouldn't be able to control it. Cops could just revive crims and then arrest them and rebels could just revive, dec, then kill and then repeat.
    The APS does it's job to the best of it's capacity, (most of the time). If you don't like the way it works, let the command team know, but, do not be an asshole about it. Give them suggestions. You're not going to see improvement without suggestions.

Dizzy    123
    3 hours ago, JdawgZ said:

ahh yes was expecting this comment. Never said I was demanding to get rid of medics, might have seemed like that but something needs to change. Either make rebels and cops able to revive each other or actually wake up the medics so they do something. Also if you say "maybe you should get some knowledge of the server" you sound like an imbecile, and no I don't give a **** about your feelings or medics feelings in this discussion, maybe they should do something other then sit in kav, whole reason why I made this

7 minutes ago, Alatz said:

So make the server's roleplay aspect no existent?
    I agree that there needs to be change with the way the APS functions but, if you gave cops and rebels access to revive people, you wouldn't be able to control it.

See this guy actually has a brain, he sees the problem with the medics and no, I don't believe medics should be completely gotten rid of, sure they are basically the only faction that roleplays but they are also the most lazy faction. Also I would say if rebels and cops could revive, they would only be able to revive the same faction like cop reviving a cop, civ reviving a civ etc. Fairly easy to control that way. 

3 hours ago, JdawgZ said:

Could even put a medic outpost in cartel 2 so if you get revived at OG you go back to cartel to grab a new gun and race back?

Also this could be a viable idea if population was good and people were actually fighting caps

Alatz    24
    1 hour ago, Dizzy said:

maybe they should do something other then sit in kav, whole reason why I made this 

I agree, but as of right now, the medics are required to be stationed within Sydney at all times unless they are responding to jobs. Unfortunately, the medic population does not allow for responses to all jobs. I believe that reworks need to be had. If the APS had more active medics this probably wouldn't be an issue; however, it does not have an insanely active player base like the police. There should be work arounds, but, they shouldn't replace the need for medics.

iamjack    97

ok... i am back without getting myself arrested in real life once again.

so there is a one good point have been pointed out , which is arrested / hostage taken after revive.

as a medic, i have been against this idea since it came up.... this shit just make everybody who lose a gunfight force to respwan

according to NLR, when someone die and get revived by medic, he should forget whatever happened and do not join the last combat
    and other bystander should forget about him as well. but the people who killed the player, the cop or rebel or civ, can somehow magically still remember that player who have been already killed and arrest/hostage taken or even redec on him is just doesn't make sense from the point of medic at all.

i think the original point of this idea is to to keep the bounty claiming ability from cop, Cop can arrest the revived player process them and jail them in order to claim their bounty on their head which just don't make any sense and break all the possibility of revive. i mean a normal player with 70IQ or more knowing a cop is near by waiting would just respwan rather then revive and taken to PD.

and because of the cop keep arresting the dead, the rebel start taking cop hostage as well. that's one of the major reason why people , the cop and the rebel won't even brother to wait the revive and straight up respwan because they can afford the cheap price of their gear.

i have been explaining this to the cop, when you kill a criminal, you have executed the death sentence to that player, any further jail sentence would be a joke and the ability of recapture player is just breaking RP and the role of medic.

may be the server should make the bounty claiming at the point where the person got shot down, rather than the point where that person respawn, so we can end some non-sense waiting and stop taking people after revival.   

Edited by iamjack

iamjack    97
    4 hours ago, Alatz said:

I agree, but as of right now, the medics are required to be stationed within Sydney at all times unless they are responding to jobs. Unfortunately, the medic population does not allow for responses to all jobs. I believe that reworks need to be had. If the APS had more active medics this probably wouldn't be an issue; however, it does not have an insanely active player base like the police. There should be work arounds, but, they shouldn't replace the need for medics.

and also,  not every medic know how to fly a heli or have the medair qualification
    and Junior paramedics can't even leave city limit, so that's may be why you seeing some medic never leave syd
    but of coz i can't deny some of the medic just want to chill in syd rather than going out and rev people after a long day

iamjack    97
    9 hours ago, Armando Wolff said:

- Remove EMS

for the rev in combat

we are trying to make that happen, but cop always in the way and saying there is no way to stop newly revived player from joining the battle so always getting No back to us

and when we request for medical restrain or someway fpr medic to stop layer re-enter the battle field, we get No from the server saying medic is going to abuse it or medic don't even need it.

so yeah....the whole point of having combat medic in the first place is to allow medic get closer to the combat field, revive people and extract them out of battlefield

but with rebel keep saying i don't want to go to hospital and i want to fight and police saying i don't want someone come back to battlefield, it is not going anywhere far...

JdawgZ    293
    10 hours ago, iamjack said:

ok... i am back without getting myself arrested in real life once again.

so there is a one good point have been pointed out , which is arrested / hostage taken after revive.

as a medic, i have been against this idea since it came up.... this shit just make everybody who lose a gunfight force to respwan

according to NLR, when someone die and get revived by medic, he should forget whatever happened and do not join the last combat
    and other bystander should forget about him as well. but the people who killed the player, the cop or rebel or civ, can somehow magically still remember that player who have been already killed and arrest/hostage taken or even redec on him is just doesn't make sense from the point of medic at all.

i think the original point of this idea is to to keep the bounty claiming ability from cop, Cop can arrest the revived player process them and jail them in order to claim their bounty on their head which just don't make any sense and break all the possibility of revive. i mean a normal player with 70IQ or more knowing a cop is near by waiting would just respwan rather then revive and taken to PD.

and because of the cop keep arresting the dead, the rebel start taking cop hostage as well. that's one of the major reason why people , the cop and the rebel won't even brother to wait the revive and straight up respwan because they can afford the cheap price of their gear.

i have been explaining this to the cop, when you kill a criminal, you have executed the death sentence to that player, any further jail sentence would be a joke and the ability of recapture player is just breaking RP and the role of medic.

may be the server should make the bounty claiming at the point where the person got shot down, rather than the point where that person respawn, so we can end some non-sense waiting and stop taking people after revival.   

by that logic tho:

if he truly dead tho, medic cant revive him cause he is a dead corpse?

if he get revived, he shouldnt be allowed to pick up his guns or grab his vehicle cause he wont remember they are his?

so, for a medics purpose to be valid, reviving means that the person did not die, they were saved and kept their existing life and can grab his stuff back.

i still suggest that a medic revivng some one that removes them from the battle (e.g. teleport revived person to hospital or to rebel/cartel with their gear minus what they dropped etc) is better, then cops cant touch them - same for cops, if revived they are teleported to hospital or PD. Then medics can run in and out of combat revivng and rebels wont hesitate to request for a medic.

then you just need to make sure the medics value their own lives and dont get themselves killed... e.g. a rule update to something like "medics killed by crossfire within 2km of a bank will not be considered RDM" - doesnt mean people should target the medics as there is no value in killing them, but if they get in the way and caught in crossfire then thats the medics problem not the rebel/cops

Edited by JdawgZ

iamjack    97

we are thinking of trying to make medic revive like a soft respwan.
    so if you press the respwan button, you will respwan like what it does right now , a hard respwan , you losing more gear and taking up more time or penalty
    and if you are revived by medic in a combat situation ,  it will allow you to tp back to base and lose lesser item and you can get back on your feet quicker...

but yeah, it is just the brainstorming phase....welcome for input

Weaver    48

eatingpopcorn.gif.20bc0fbaf010ed5dda40f224ec24fd24.gif

On a more serious note, I think this server places too much trust in the medics and they are not that reliable. The system that is in place is either 1) wait and trust on the medics (who aren't afk) to come get you and hope that you don't get decced on or arrested after your revive, or die and respawn and re-buy all your equipment.

Tbh I think that is a shit system and this is why there is so much hatred towards medics. But there is a fix for this, that won't totally and completely render medics useless (and also stop medics from becoming rich mother ****ers).

1. Giving the ability for civilians to Windows key and drag/pickup dead players, put them in vehicles and take them to hospitals/outposts to get them revived instead of waiting for medics to come and potentially being arrested by cops.

2. Give the ability for civilians (who don't have rebel/contractor licenses) to buy a license that allows them to use a defib that revives someone to the point where it's like having a kidney cut out and they need to then get to the hospital to have "surgery" to get completely healed. This stops mass revives and people just running off back into combat.

These are two options to let civilians/rebels do something about their fallen comrades, especially when there is things like this put in place...

20/09/19

Due to repeated unnecessary and toxic actions towards members of the APS, any known member of the "9 Lives" gang (IX) or anybody under IX Tags is subject to a Do Not Revive Order until this is revoked. Any questions, issues or complaints should be directed to Senior Command. Medics are reminded to ahere to VLR over a DNR.

Senior Command

That's just my 2 cents, take it or leave it. I don't give a shit.

Edited by Weaver
    • Like 1
    • kkool 1

Dizzy    123
    37 minutes ago, Weaver said:

On a more serious note, I think this server places too much trust in the medics and they are not that reliable. The system that is in place is either 1) wait and trust on the medics (who aren't afk) to come get you and hope that you don't get decced on or arrested after your revive, or die and respawn and re-buy all your equipment.

probably one of the best replies on this thread. there needs to be something done about medics and yes, having DNR on certain gangs is ****ing stupid. if there is a dnr there needs to be another way to be revived other than just waiting 20 minutes for a medic to then get restrained by a cop as soon as you get up. 

Jot    140
    On 10/6/2019 at 10:20 PM, iamjack said:

i do agree there is work need to be done on the medic request system
    there is just no way for the medic to tell the victim we are coming or not.
    it just pissing people off for both medic and the one awaiting to be revive. 
    and the revive time extension block respawn timer is one of the reason why people don't press request in the first place.

Wasn't there a system of pressing 5 or something to tell them you were coming and extend their time. I'm pretty sure that lead to infuriating instances where the medic dies before he/she can get there or disconnects mid way ending up with the dead person waiting for 10 mins for no medic.