Jump to content
  • Michael Steiner

    A New Front

    Recommended Posts

    It has come to the attention of more than just officers but civilians as well. There is a general lack of roleplay and every time you jump on the server its either: Hit/Respond to a bank, Frag/Get fragged by Civilians. And whilst that it can be fun, only in moderation.

    Now whilst complaining is not much use, myself & others amongst the leading members of the APD are actively going to attempt to bring back as much roleplay between officers & civilians.        The goal of doing so is to create a more interesting & enjoyable player experience & bring a further attraction to Sydney. 
    We have this goal though we are not going to be able to make it happen without help from you guys. The civilians & rebels alike. 

    Let's make this server the way it was once upon a time again. :seemsgood:

    • Like 3
    • Kappa 1
    • <3 1
    • nothanks 1

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Share on other sites
  • Chadd    923
    23 minutes ago, Michael Steiner said:

    bring a further attraction to Sydney.

    that's what we don't want.

    • Wait What? 2

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    Chadd    923
    38 minutes ago, Michael Steiner said:

    A further attraction to Sydney doesn't mean the obliteration of rebel but even driving around Sydney at 30-50 civs it feels empty.

    Leave Sydney?

    • Seems Good 1

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Share on other sites

    Hope you realise, back in the day there was no roleplay lmao, also the fact you want more people in sydney is absoultey disgusting, us rebels sit outside your precious city limits for atleast an hour and nothing happens, you sit in there till a bank is hit everyday all day. Roleplaying in altis life is a joke tbh, if you want good roleplay go play a modded server. nice post x

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Share on other sites

    @CarlosTheHunter "Roleplaying in Altis life is a joke" from the perspective of someone who doesn't value RP; sure. Stick to being rebel, killing all day.

    @Chadd Leaving Sydney doesn't change that? You still don't run into people often enough.

     

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    luke_    254
    2 minutes ago, Michael Steiner said:

    @luke_ That is the dumbest idea I've heard in a long time.

    No city limits makes it easy for rebels to get fights. So there will be more rebels

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Share on other sites

    @luke_ I think you misunderstood the intention of this post. We're not trying to increase rebel pop by flipping off Roleplay & going straight Call of Duty. We're trying to get roleplay back. Allowing rebels to literally play Call of Duty in Sydney is not going to achieve that.

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    luke_    254
    1 minute ago, Michael Steiner said:

    @luke_ I think you misunderstood the intention of this post. We're not trying to increase rebel pop by flipping off Roleplay & going straight Call of Duty. We're trying to get roleplay back. Allowing rebels to literally play Call of Duty in Sydney is not going to achieve that.

    People want more combat not more roleplay, thats been pretty clear for a long time.

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Share on other sites

    @luke_ There is both sides. 

    People who enjoy civ/roleplay want police to RP more. 

    People who play rebel want stuff to encourage that gameplay. <-- that is the side you're seeing this from.

    Not everyone wants all out war on the server.

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    luke_    254

    Instead of encouraging roleplay for roleplay's sake there should be ways to roleplay that will assist the combat side of the server. Being able to take medics hostage and force them to combat revive at a fed or have police sell equipment to rebels. This gives people who normally wouldn't roleplay an incentive to roleplay.

    • Wesmart 1

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    Corey.    94
    14 minutes ago, luke_ said:

     or have police sell equipment to rebels. This gives people who normally wouldn't roleplay an incentive to roleplay.

    Selling police equipment has always been a option but if you get caught that is your own fault and you face the consequences.

    @luke_

     

    Edited by Corey.

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    luke_    254
    8 minutes ago, Corey. said:

    Selling police equipment has always been a option but if you get caught that is your own fault and you face the consequences.

    yea but nobody with anything worthwhile does it

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    bouda118    333

    From a managers perspective, we understand that roleplay is a crucial part of Altis Life for some players. We encouraged people back to Sydney with the return of office and other key aspects, however at the end of the day it comes down to the players to take the initiative and engage with each other. It is nice to see a post like this and hopefully we see civilians partaking in roleplay with police.

    We have some new additions in senior staff who would love to hear any ideas to liven up Sydney in terms of events aswell.

    Bouda / Kat

    • Monkey 1

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Share on other sites

    There definitely needs to be a good mix between both combat and roleplay. Combat isn't for everyone and there's heaps of players who are here for the rp. I personally lean more towards combat, but roleplay is something we need on the server, and that can only happen if players put in the effort to engage with one another like Bouda said. I do get a cops point of view when they pull someone over and theyre just ear raping and just being toxic, and on the other hand some cops just speed through the rp to get to the end of processing to get the cash. Its an effort that both sides need to work on, not just one faction.  

    • Like 1

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    Lenny    64
    18 hours ago, Kmart and Coles said:

    There definitely needs to be a good mix between both combat and roleplay. Combat isn't for everyone and there's heaps of players who are here for the rp. I personally lean more towards combat, but roleplay is something we need on the server, and that can only happen if players put in the effort to engage with one another like Bouda said. I do get a cops point of view when they pull someone over and theyre just ear raping and just being toxic, and on the other hand some cops just speed through the rp to get to the end of processing to get the cash. Its an effort that both sides need to work on, not just one faction.  

    The part where you talk about processing is 100% right. Most cops process with only one thing on their mind money. 

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Share on other sites

    Create an account or sign in to comment

    You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

    Create an account

    Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

    Register a new account

    Sign in

    Already have an account? Sign in here.

    Sign In Now

  • ×