Zebulink

mobile artillery support

Zebulink    2

I would like to suggest the change of mortar gunner, so it is incorporated into ironside, and provide the use of a mobile artillery vehicle, as too many people are unsure of how to use mortar, and the fact it requires 2 bags (thus the dedicated use of a vehicle anyway). This would make it still specialized, and provide an easier use of friendly long range support

• Like 1

• Zombine45    177

An MLRS truck was provided a long time ago for veterans but it was abused so it was removed. There are tutorials ingame that teach you how to use mortars and crewed weapons, if people want to know how to use them they should consult these.

pkisbest    198

Yeah the MLRS and any VLS system have been heavily abused in the past. In my own opinion, Grid square erasers aren’t generally very good for the style of gameplay that occurs on server.

It would also make it incredibly easy for players to grief. Imagine an asshole with access to something that could nuke a whole AO.

Goose_    31

We currently have mobile artillery with the Mk6's as you can load them into the back of trucks and offroads and shoot out the back.

Personally i think the AAF mlrs with Limited ammo and no rearms as a rare side machine reward would be nice though

Zombine45    177
    8 hours ago, Goose_ said:

the AAF mlrs with Limited ammo and no rearms as a rare side machine reward

That's basically what we had for veterans and it was abused, if it had limited ammo then it wouldn't be a very good reward, you'd fire your 6 shots and hit nothing (I know this from experience) and then drive around your now useless truck for the rest of the mission.

=S.N.A.F.U.=    92

Any Arty, And for that matter mortars in the server is just asking for trolls.. It's been tried time & time again but always comes down to a random jumping in & ruining it for everyone. On an average night as it is, with the base arty piece, we get a random that sprints across, TK's half the server with the 5 shots it has & then leaves. It's the sad truth of a public server.