Michael Steiner

We need a NEW Altis Life

We have unfortunately reached the end of StrayaGaming Altis Life populating itself without any effort

I think moving forward into 2020 AL needs to be reviewed and redeveloped. We no longer are able to attract and keep players by having a Simple server and I believe this is due to many of the current Arma 3 players being existing ones rather than new ones. Most of the people still left in Altis Life are realising it is coming to an end, looking for somewhere new or just hoping we are able to revive our self. We need a new Altis Life mission file (even if it takes a couple months of development) otherwise we are not going to survive let alone strive.

For example: Once a new mission file is redeveloped I think the community and the managers should provide an update every quarter or a bigger update every 6 months. This way the community has an expectation of their server managers and the server managers don't get cushy in there positions; replying to forum posts with "We will take this on board, thanks". Even though the suggestion is taken on board, what use is that if the community doesn't know if anything at all is going to come of it?

The server over the last 2 years has seen peaks and troughs of coarse but we're at a low I have not seen ever before and I don't see a recovery in any near or far future. Management as a general seem to believe that we will eventually revive but I don't see any reason as to why we would? If I was a new player or an old one and joined I'd go find somewhere else, wouldn't you?

Arma 3 is no doubt a game that is slowing coming to an end and this is evident in the downward trend of active players here:

F.PNG.37dfeb6f685761a5bfa56837051c4c00.PNG

Most of the current players that are still playing Arma 3 are no longer new ones and this is why I believe Straya is simply not able to attract the player base we used to by having a Simple Altis Life server. We need something more.

If you have any thoughts on the above please voice them in the comments.

• Like 7
  • Feels Bad Man 1
  • Feels Sad Man 1
  • thinking3d 1
  • Sad 1

• 52 minutes ago, Rackers said:

give us crafting

Yes because if we  giving you crafting will help the player pop and as chadd has said ''i am working on crafting'' but you still ask on every forum post about the sever

Edited by Archie Poland

Mr Chu    148

I agree that something has got to change and developing a mission file is probably the easiest way of doing it. One of the ideas that i have heard is using some of DarkRPs "roleplay / features" to bring something "new" / different to Altis Life. From my experience, a lot of Altis Life players have come from DarkRP looking for better skill based combat but do miss out on a little bit more of the hands on role play. Grabbing things like actually growing drugs in the drug fields, maybe with something very simple like a plant simply increasing in scale (to simply the code?) to just make it more interesting and unique instead of a boring interaction key also enforcing players to protect / control a drug field.

The other is going something completely fresh and switching the map to Malden or Tanoa (most likely Malden) and trying something completely new. 

I'll be looking to run events in the new years to just have something different on the server regularly and I'm open to suggestions!

I can write a lot more but the cricket is on ?

Part of the reason I say make a new Altis Life is because if it is entirely new, we can change the server's title. That should show to players who are new, existing or old ones that there is something to offer, "come check us out". However if the title is changed on a minimal update, if they do come check us out they'll realise it's just the same shit different day.

3 minutes ago, Mr Chu said:

I agree that something has got to change and developing a mission file is probably the easiest way of doing it. One of the ideas that i have heard is using some of DarkRPs "roleplay / features" to bring something "new" / different to Altis Life. From my experience, a lot of Altis Life players have come from DarkRP looking for better skill based combat but do miss out on a little bit more of the hands on role play. Grabbing things like actually growing drugs in the drug fields, maybe with something very simple like a plant simply increasing in scale (to simply the code?) to just make it more interesting and unique instead of a boring interaction key also enforcing players to protect / control a drug field.

The other is going something completely fresh and switching the map to Malden or Tanoa (most likely Malden) and trying something completely new. 

I'll be looking to run events in the new years to just have something different on the server regularly and I'm open to suggestions!

I can write a lot more but the cricket is on ?

You could make the weed plant and other stuff more pure to get more money but even tho making a new mission file is the  easiest way  there isn't enough people to help code and what not, as there is only James and also chadd has been doing coding since most of the AL team are on leave 

2 minutes ago, Michael Steiner said:

Part of the reason I say make a new Altis Life is because if it is entirely new, we can change the server's title. That should show to players who are new, existing or old ones that there is something to offer, "come check us out". However if the title is changed on a minimal update, if they do come check us out they'll realise it's just the same shit different day.

Or we can try and do what wasteland are doing and bring major update's and try and pump them out every 1-2 months 

It is most difficult to get out of the 0-5 constant player base. 

5-15 Players <---- This is the morning players doing runs and such

15-30 <---- These are the gangs and such that have joined to rob the people doing runs

30+ <---- These are the people who see there is people on the server and want to join for the sake of playing. (Cops, Medics & Civilians)

The first two player types are KEY in building the servers population back up, that is where I think we should start.

Edited by Michael Steiner

1 minute ago, Archie Poland said:

Or we can try and do what wasteland are doing and bring major update's and try and pump them out every 1-2 months 

I agree with you. In the post I address this. 

I believe that constant updates are a must but part of the issue is, people won't want to join back unless they see something brand new.

Once a new mission file is available and completed. Then the quarterly updates should be enacted.

5 minutes ago, Archie Poland said:

i believe that there need to be more people to help code but its hard as the have to give the sever file out and if the give it to the wrong person the sever gets ****ed

Hence a new server entirely. 

Just now, Archie Poland said:

how they gonna code it with no one 

We need to gather more developers. At the end of the day, worst case and the server file is stolen. 

Arma 3 is a dying game, without a reputable name starting a new server is incredibly difficult.

• Like 1

Ashes    157

A new map every 6 months would be a cool idea and would attract people to the server as it’s something which isn’t done anywhere else but at the same time it’s uncharted waters??

Tonoa 

Malden 

Altis 

• Like 2
    • Seems Good 1
    • Monkey 1

1 hour ago, Ashes said:

A new map every 6 months would be a cool idea and would attract people to the server as it’s something which isn’t done anywhere else but at the same time it’s uncharted waters??

Think changing the map that frequently would prove counter intuitive. Maybe every year though.

• Like 1

Ashes    157
    4 hours ago, Michael Steiner said:

Think changing the map that frequently would prove counter intuitive. Maybe every year though.

Tbh the times most servers are at there peak is when it launches, wipe or change map.

The only problem with changing maps on a regular basis means that

1. it requires a lot of work (mostly for the map dev)

2. It sometimes prevents players who don’t have all the dlc from playing on the server if maps like Tonoa & the new Alien map

however if you choose not to not to implement dlc maps there is only Malden and Altis which really work as life servers. Tonoa would attract a few players but the alien map would attract a lot of players with the dlc as there is no server I know of at least which offers a life server on that map & like I said above deter people from Playing on the server as they don’t own the dlc 

Alatz    55

I agree, there has been a noticeable decline in the player population of the Altis Life Server over the past month. Whilst, I think that some of this drop is due to holidays, there does need to be an change in the server's activities to accommodate for all types of players. I think there a multitude of reasons why people are not interested in Altis Life or Arma 3 in general. Some things do need to change on the server.

Chris Shaw    126

as the best arma player there ever was i reckon u should just pray to god an arma 4 comes out sometime soon cuz arma 3 pretty dead after thousands of hours, same shit different fart

• Like 1
    • Seems Good 1
    • wutface 1
    • wooow 1
    • <3 1

lift some bans that arnt to bad seen so manny long ass bans for little reasons lol or make being a mod harder to get so people dont clear out the server by banning everything that moves cause they got shot

• Like 2

Zarco    106
    On 12/29/2019 at 5:15 AM, Ashes said:

Tonoa 

Malden 

Altis 

Livonia 

On 12/29/2019 at 5:15 AM, Ashes said:

Tonoa 

Malden 

Altis 

• Pogchamp 1