Michael Steiner

We need a NEW Altis Life

• TrixARMA    201

Change of rule structure, so you dont get banned every 5 mins

• Like 1

I think the rules are fine, just don't be an idiot. 

We simply just don't have anything to attract & maintain players.

Truthy    167
    2 hours ago, Michael Steiner said:

I think the rules are fine, just don't be an idiot. 

We simply just don't have anything to attract & maintain players.

True the cop force is full on retards

• Like 1
    • monkamega 1

@Truthy Not exactly sure that the comments like that are necessary.

Your opinion is yours and there's nothing I can do to swing that but this post is more about trying to attract the attention of management and get the community's voice heard.

I agree with Kev, we do need a new developer & as difficult as it can be to find a trusted and reliable one, it is absolutely necessary if we want to keep up with community demands and scheduled updates.

Even running the risk of losing a new mission file to a corrupt developer isn't as bad as it once was due to the fact that, without an existing and trusted server name, it is nothing short of a miracle to start a new and successful Altis Life server.

• Like 1

Holski.    306

yeah a developer who can work in conjunction with james would certainly help with pushing updates which will contribute to server pop a lot..

• Like 2
    • Jebaited 1
    • wooow 1

FarmerJoe    25
    On 12/28/2019 at 8:41 PM, Michael Steiner said:

Arma 3 is no doubt a game that is slowing coming to an end and this is evident in the downward trend of active players here:

*looks on Darkside*

19 minutes ago, FarmerJoe said:

*looks on Darkside*

Look everywhere except Darkside in the Australian RP area.

There is no other servers that are doing well, hence why I believe it would be VERY difficult for another server to get big now without having an existing name.

[AI] STALKER    344

Average players have grown from 2014 to 2020 from avg players from 4,764 up to 14,816 as of now.

While there are troughs of up and downs , the over all average and max players is not that of a dead game.
    I would argue that all games that are multiplayer go thru an initial slow release ( Normally ) , then hit a max player point hype ...
    Then eventually either sit in a comfortable trough area or fizzle out.

The history of Arma shows a steady decrease near end of year .. and a upbeat towards the beginning and middle.
    Even if Arma 3 is a dying game as your statement in the O.P. suggests , its a slow dying dragon with plenty of breathes for any servers
    That wish to bring player base into there communities.

Those average stats of 14K put it in line with

16,872 18,140   Counter-Strike
    16,552 19,035   Football Manager 2019
    16,488 18,326   War Thunder
    16,200 19,767   The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Special Edition
    15,889 18,761   7 Days to Die
    15,005 18,406   The Elder Scrolls Online
    14,816 17,057   Fallout 4
    14,535 18,288   Arma 3
    14,078 16,669   Europa Universalis IV
    14,022 19,223   NBA 2K20
    13,985 17,089   Farming Simulator 19
    13,833 14,810   Brawlhalla
    13,650 19,748   部落与弯刀
    13,450 17,506   Don't Starve Together
    13,435 16,299   Conan Exiles
    12,489 16,303   Left 4 Dead 2
    12,244 12,788   eFootball PES 2020
    12,190 12,731   Dota Underlords
    12,119 15,749   Black Desert Online
    11,612 12,711   Cities: Skylines
    11,584 13,336   RimWorld
    11,372 14,083   Age of Empires II: Definitive Edition
    10,806 11,084   Spacewar
    9,989 11,712   DARK SOULS™ III
    9,820 14,739   FINAL FANTASY XIV Online
    9,489 11,240   The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
    9,170 11,346   Stellaris

None of which are dead games or have seen there best days.

Just food for thought , Wish you all the best ?

• Like 1
    • Pogchamp 1

@[AI] STALKER Arma definitely still has some life in it but the point I am trying to make rather than calling Arma 3 dead with no hope is; majority of the current active playerbase throughout Arma 3 is existing players who are no longer looking for the 'Simple Altis life' the Straya was popularised for. They want something that is fresh and new, I don't think we will be able to repopulate the server unless we are able to show they we are forward looking as a community.

abc    3

I (as an ex regular on Altis life) say bring on Malden! everyone has the DLC for it. It is similar to Altis with wild terrain like desserts and abandon basses (not to mention a couple of islands close to the mainland and big hills!). From my point of view having played Arma 3 since 2015 i agree with most of the 1st page post's, pretty well all of the active/current players on Arma have been around for a good enough time to have been there done that with life servers, AL absolutely needs to be radically different and my tips would be get feature rich and easy to grasp. I personally avoid Darksiders beacuse it's ui and map is too cluded, yucky and overall a mess, there also is too much to read. I hope i have regurgitated what has already been said over a number of post's for i just went through the first page and thought a good chance to share my thought.

• Like 2
    • Pogchamp 1

Alatz    55

There needs to be content for every one to do. Such as, challenges, levelling system etc. Give people a enjoyable reason to play and the player pop might increase.

• Like 1
    • thinking3d 1

Holski.    306
    4 hours ago, Alatz said:

There needs to be content for every one to do. Such as, challenges, levelling system etc. Give people a enjoyable reason to play and the player pop might increase.

people have suggested this at least a dozen times but its never been put in or worked on from what i remember. 

good suggestion tho 

• Like 1
    • kkool 1

Like the event last night, they could add in a sort of convoy event which spawns in maybe once or twice a day and has guns, gear and other things that might be useful (but nothing too powerful, so maybe like the airdrop contents with perhaps a vest or two). This would make it so cops and rebels can interact and have PVP and whatnot, and perhaps some roleplay may come out of it. Would be fun to trial this idea though. 

• Like 1

Alatz    55
    12 minutes ago, Hamood said:

Like the event last night, they could add in a sort of convoy event which spawns in maybe once or twice a day and has guns, gear and other things that might be useful (but nothing too powerful, so maybe like the airdrop contents with perhaps a vest or two). This would make it so cops and rebels can interact and have PVP and whatnot, and perhaps some roleplay may come out of it. Would be fun to trial this idea though. 

This could be a good change as it gives both cops and rebels something new to fight over and you could possibly have different spawn locations. Have it on a timer too?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Alatz said:

This could be a good change as it gives both cops and rebels something new to fight over and you could possibly have different spawn locations. Have it on a timer too?

Yeah I would say it has a start and a finish location, so say it travels from say Neochori to Rodopoli- and if it doesnt reach the destination within say 20 minutes it will self-destruct or something along those lines.

Alatz    55
    10 minutes ago, Hamood said:

Yeah I would say it has a start and a finish location, so say it travels from say Neochori to Rodopoli- and if it doesnt reach the destination within say 20 minutes it will self-destruct or something along those lines. 

I assume it would be a KOS field, so the zone would move as well?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Alatz said:

I assume it would be a KOS field, so the zone would move as well?

That would be the only way to do it, the size of the zone- maybe 1km or 500m?

• Like 1

Alatz    55
    2 minutes ago, Hamood said:

That would be the only way to do it, the size of the zone- maybe 1km or 500m? 

I would say 1km as a minimum?

Alatz    55

Maybe also have it send an alert 5 or so minutes prior to dropping so that people can prepare for it?