Captain Ratso

AI Difficulty and loss of new players

Captain Ratso    169

Guys, 

Just something I have seen and heard from both senior and new players.  The difficulty in playing against the AI is getting a little ridiculous. An example is being shot down in a helo 6.5 km from the AO by a jet with endless supplies of missiles. 6 lock ons and down we went for the 7th time.

Today 6.5 km out, three helo rides, 3 deaths due to missles that appear out of fckin nowhere.  No where Near the AO in the middle of nowhere.  

Rolling up to the AO finally and seeing 5 ****ing tanks again we were all slaughtered before getting any shots off.  The other obvious example is  the defending where you get three tanks rolling in at once, where finally you get the tanks down only to be bombedby an enemy jet, 4 times.  Yesterday I was bombed in a house not once, I was already down, but 7 more times in the same location.  We were laying there watching the same bullshit jet drop bomb after bomb on the same location.

6 MAWS HEAT missiles to destroy one tank. Yet our tanks get destroyed when they get hit by a stray 7.62 round from the enemy. 5 snipers on one hillmanaged to snip 16 people in a matter of seconds.  And also one managed to fire of 4 rounds in less than a second and gained himself 4 kills. Amazing talent.  No AI wound up to the extreme.

I'm not the only one raising this.  Several other senior players have also commented it's becoming unplayable and is losing its enjoyment. 

As said before  alot of new players who have invested in Arma 3 since the free weekend is great but they are leaving in droves to play on another server because of the unplayable, unfair and seemingling biased playing field.

I understand that if you become a viable competitor in killing the enemy, sure krank it up. But the new players are suffering and leaving the server to play another. Not sure if it can be toned down, haven't seen the script or code but if the server and this game is to survive,  it may need to be looked at. 

Anyway just needed to raise this because even I am starting to get annoyed with the way in which the AI seem to almost learn. And if the senior players can't get ahead, what chance have the newplayers.

Anyway I'll keep playing or now but I'm getting annoyed about the intelligence of the BOTS as are many others.

Ratso

• Like 1

• Fitz    1239
    1 hour ago, Captain Ratso said:

Today 6.5 km out, three helo rides, 3 deaths due to missles that appear out of fckin nowhere.  No where Near the AO in the middle of nowhere.  

The jet spawns need to be checked and likely adjusted. Some people have been complaining for a while that there's way too many spawning, but I haven't really experienced that myself yet (outside of defends).

Yesterday I was bombed in a house not once, I was already down, but 7 more times in the same location.  We were laying there watching the same bullshit jet drop bomb after bomb on the same location.

Weird. Usually there is red smoke before the jet even begins the bombing run. If not, it could be Zeus controlled, either way it shouldn't be bombing the same thing that many times.

6 MAWS HEAT missiles to destroy one tank.

If friendlies use heavy AT launchers like the enemy, the effect is the same. They both have active protection as well now, so there shouldn't be that much of an advantage for the enemy tanks.

5 snipers on one hillmanaged to snip 16 people in a matter of seconds. 

The snipers are meant to be a challenge, they should be a priority target before landing a full heli near them...

becoming unplayable

The only thing related to difficulty that has been changed in recent months, is the defends, which are now harder. Jets have been the same, and apparently bad for a while. Overall AI difficulty has been the same for 6+ months. I don't know how standard AOs and missions can be perceived as suddenly more difficult?

• Like 3

Zombine45    177
    3 hours ago, Captain Ratso said:

and seemingling biased playing field.

Who exactly is it biased towards? We all have access to the same gear and vehicles. It's a COOP game mode, not PVP.

Edited by Zombine45