Snohman

suggestions for next update

Snohman    52

Thought i'd compile a small summary list of the common complaints / suggestions / improvements for consideration on the next update:

1) Implement aussiedave's rabbit-proof fence at spawn 20200422213448_1.thumb.jpg.90eb883335a9484119b623c7715cd56a.jpg

2) Remove the lightpole at the front of the airport building between the AI and the Vehicles20200422222823_1.thumb.jpg.db0f27bc3ce4dd356c93cb307f633c34.jpg

3) Add or improve the competency of the base air defence network / or fix the spawn rate of enemy jets when no CAS airborne

4) Decrease the durability of the taru pods when dropped (i'm not a fan of having them land on me in the HQ during defend missions)

5) Add function to the two (newer) flat-deck HMMET Trucks so they can lift / tow / mount heavy weapons same as the civilian truck. add capacity to IFRIT/PROWLER/QUILLIN/OFFROAD to be able to actually carry 1 or 2 backpacks in the inventory.

6) Add an attack helicopter (with or without AA capabilities) as an option to the fighter pilot role

7) give JTAC or Mortar roll ability to call in artillary strike using fire support module and main base artillary. i would even move this artillary to side base and have it only available after being supplied by HMMT ammo or the like

8 ) Remove the PCML and PCML ammo from the standard vehicle and crate loadouts. i would say that standard loadouts for crates and vehicle should be a basic rifle, some first aid, an array of basic rifle ammo, and maybe some NVG/toolkit/maybe some explosives. if you want anything after the basics, then you go customise the loadout. (on that note, is there a way so save/load a vehicle loadout?)

• Like 4

• Yeet    193
    6 hours ago, Snohman said:

1) Implement aussiedave's rabbit-proof fence at spawn

Probably isn't all that necessary, just adds clutter to the base. Staff can place it if they keep having people trying to steal helis, but we also have other ways of being able to deal with that - e.g. punishments.

3) Add or improve the competency of the base air defence network / or fix the spawn rate of enemy jets when no CAS airborne

The base defence is pretty dogshite, it does need a little buff but also the Radiotower: The point is to either take down the Radiotower or have a competent fighter pilot to deal with the air threats.

5) Add function to the two (newer) flat-deck HMMET Trucks so they can lift / tow / mount heavy weapons same as the civilian truck. add capacity to IFRIT/PROWLER/QUILLIN/OFFROAD to be able to actually carry 1 or 2 backpacks in the inventory.

Inventory capacity is pretty munted and I thought the flat beds already had that option, if not it would be cool to implement.

6) Add an attack helicopter (with or without AA capabilities) as an option to the fighter pilot role

A lot of people have been asking for this, but it nullifies the point of having helicopter rewards from side mission and also you'd need a very OP helicopter loadout to be even somewhat effective at taking out anything at the AO. Fighter pilot role is usually a CAP/strike role, and from my experience, rotary aircraft are terrible at CAP/strike.

Ingame we do alot of OCA, not in terms of denying/destroying infastructure but more so in denying air control, you can't do that in a helicopter against fastjets.

If you want another role(or 2)added that is purely for attack helicopters I'd see it as a good move as long as it isnt too overpowered (Something like the blackfoot loadout (2x AA, 28x DAGR's).

7) give JTAC or Mortar roll ability to call in artillary strike using fire support module and main base artillary. i would even move this artillary to side base and have it only available after being supplied by HMMT ammo or the like

That would cause alot of TK's and grid clearing to go on, same reason the I&A vets no longer get the MRLS. JTAC can already call a mortar gunner to use that Artillery on more or less anything on the map.

8 ) Remove the PCML and PCML ammo from the standard vehicle and crate loadouts. i would say that standard loadouts for crates and vehicle should be a basic rifle, some first aid, an array of basic rifle ammo, and maybe some NVG/toolkit/maybe some explosives. if you want anything after the basics, then you go customise the loadout. (on that note, is there a way so save/load a vehicle loadout?)

The ammo crate and vehicle inventories do need tweaking. Vehicle not as much as ammo crates but still; the ammo crates could do with being a limited arsenal with 10-15 of each ammo type (rockets/missiles included).

Edited by Yeet
    • Like 1

=S.N.A.F.U.=    92

1) Implement aussiedave's rabbit-proof fence at spawn 

No real need for this, Just make a auto respawn area for non pilots around the chopper spawns.. They'll get the idea soon enough.

Another idea that will work great is move the chopper spawn away all together. Or the infantry spawn.  There are lots of good places for the spawn.. A chopper can in fact fly to the infantry!!

Oh God Yes!.. Just an AA at either end of the runways would help a lot. A multiplier of enemy jet spawns would be great, or switch it to enemy attack choppers when no CAS is on.

4) Decrease the durability of the taru pods when dropped (i'm not a fan of having them land on me in the HQ during defend missions)

Nooo..... Then I'd have to have them.. IN MY CHOPPER!!!! ? But I see you're point.. It's a bit broken being able to heave them in at 300km/h.. Fun though! Actually to this point, INCERASE the durability of the Huron Crates.. They have a habit of crumpling if a bird sneezes within 10k. Even if only on the repait & refuel ones.

This is a bad Idea for reasons stated above. If one was added it would HAVE to have AA or else it would be useless in in a CAP capability, unless you made it that the enemy also only spawned choppers while it was up.

7) give JTAC or Mortar roll ability to call in artillery strike using fire support module and main base artillery. i would even move this artillery to side base and have it only available after being supplied by HMMT ammo or the like.

This would be abused from day 1 & would only increase the trolling. Even in the hands of the regulars & whitelisted this would be a very bad call. I have seen this fail on  a few different servers.

This is one I have been asking after for a long time. The Ammo boxes should have all the basic NATO Ammo NO Rifles, a few basic launchers/ammo & a bunch of FAK's. Some nades & Smoke as well, (No Red). Enough that a pilot can pick one up & haul it to a defend & it would be enough to support a fighting force of 30. If more is needed, well, there are a few crates. Yeet's Idea of a limited arsenal is good, if for no other reason the players in the field can use the same interface they are used to from hours of Box Barbie-ing ?. But seriously, The interface is a lot faster than the regular inventory one. As for NVG's/Explosives, they could be in the chopper inventory in stead of 50 parachutes.  That way the guys could grab them in flight or when a chopper touches down nearby. You cold even make the amount on board dependent on the size of the chopper.

If the Attack chopper Idea is implemented(#6) then a few more AA launchers should be placed in the choppers or mobile arsenal as well, as a pilot in the chopper will be a lot less likely to hunt AA targets compared to when he/she/it is in  a jet.

To my knowledge you cant save a vehicle loadout without making it an arsenal.

Edited by =S.N.A.F.U.=
    • Like 2

On 4/24/2020 at 2:48 AM, =S.N.A.F.U.= said:

Scroll up and read it, foo'. I ain't copying all that in this box.

Agree 100% on all points SNAFU. 

Howbou' we move the helo spawn over towards where the side mission Hummingbird is parked? Plenty of room on the ramp there.

Oooooor chuck an aircraft carrier off the coast and put the helicopters on that...sure won't be helo theft anymore... ?

I know the carrier has been discussed before, but I'm not 100% sure why it wasn't implemented. Having it as a side-mission may be too complex, but setting it up as a helo spawn point can't be too hard -  could also (rather happily) add a few CIWS and SAM's to the ship to assist with the base defences' lacklustre attempts at shooting down enemy aircraft.

Cheers,

SandStormAU

Edited by SandStorm_AU
    • Wait What? 1
    • Seems Good 1

Corporal Kerry    141

The medium-range AA missile launcher data-linked with a radar would be better than a CIWS. This has a good range and is more effective than a gun. If you had one mid-range AA missile defence it would have a longer range and provide better AA capability. It makes no sense that a NATO base has such lacklustre defences. In real life, bases have multiple defences to protect bases from attack. Use the MK21 Centurion and this should help greatly.

The RIM-162 Evolved SeaSparrow Missile  is more effective at longer range attacks on enemy air assets than a bullet. Even with radar assistance.

220px-US_Navy_100723-N-5528G-014_An_Evol

Edited by Corporal Kerry
    Added detail.
    • Wesmart 1