dasweetdude

I&A Modded Events

dasweetdude    327

After speaking to a lot of the community members over the time l've been in I&A here at Straya l've heard a lot of people say I&A would be cool with mods!.So what l am thinking of putting in and going to trial very soon is events in I&A where the community can poll vote for certain mods that work well with I&A.l would like to put them in maybe say once a month and  you can run the mod for that weekend and if people really like this idea in I&A we will run these events on the weekends maybe more often if all goes well.There will only be a mod put in at a time and the best mods will maybe even go in a cycle in the future where you can vote them up again if that's what the community wants they wont be in all the time and l will post links when we run the event so everyone who is registered on the forums can easily keep up to date with what's going on.So spread the word around and start suggesting some mods that you would like to see and we can see what we can do to put them in.Of course if you want to play vanilla this will not effect your game play other than if we trial vehicle or gun mods they will be invisible to people who don't have the mods.The mods will have to be client based mods at the present time but l would like to here some feedback on this idea from the I&A players and community and some suggestions on this idea.Cheers Guys.

• Like 1

• BruhBea    1

Kinda odd me saying this as I've always been hanging out for modded I&A.. But regardless, have a read :) 

I don't believe hijacking the server and chucking mods on the weekends is a good idea.

Say you work 5 days a week, you're not registered on straya, you don't know about this poll or whatever. And each weekend you just want to chill out, jump on and have a bash of some good old Invade and Annex.. Now, you've just finished a long week of work and you go to jump on the good old Straya server, when. Damn, can't connect, what is this wizardry? And there is now already a shitty start to your weekend after you're long week of working for a shit boss. 

Now yes of course this wont be everyones mindset (certainly not mine), a lot of players will be eagerly awaiting the next Modded Weekend.. but for those players that arent regulars, arent registered and just come jump on whenever they have time will be disheartened and wonder, why is the server now modded? is this permanent? They will have questions, and most probably just close arma, or find another server, because its much quicker than registering or downloading teamspeak. (I'm talking about the few out there that don't download mods/use teamspeak) 

This idea would have been perfect for the dedi, like the special event nights, have modded I&A nights/weekends. But as we know, thats no longer a possibility.
    Another possibility is we invest in a smaller server, that on weekends we run 2 nights/2 days of modded I&A and we also give access to the communities we (StrayaGaming) host, i.e. SOTG and SGT for usage during the week or sunday arvos when we aren't running Modded I&A.  

Now, I'm not against this, I'm just stating points that came to mind when taking into consideration the entire playerbase, not just the majority. 

:D 

Edited by BroBeans

dasweetdude    327

I never suggested hijacking the server it is optional they are mods like JRS Sound pack which l tested before you don't even notice they are in there.There're used to be mods in the server and a lot of the people enjoyed them and have asked many times can they put back in.Its nothing like STOG.

A realism unit and I&A are 2 different things bud.And its optional to use them and the people who don't use them wont even know they are in.STOG's mods and the mod that goes in to I&A once a month is a lot different too a weekly run realism unit like STOG.And with the whole coop player base l think its important to keep the daily run I&A players happy with things they want considering a lot of players in the past in SOG and STOG were taken from I&A in the first place.

If people don't want mods in I&A they know they only gotta say so that's why its optional those who don't run them wont notice the difference, but mods that enhance the gameplay and tweaks are important.I do understand what you are saying though bro and preserving the player base for our realism unit is very important but in tern l feel I&A has been neglected and their are people who like mods but don't want to join a realism unit or are in another realism unit on our servers.It wouldn't be done on the same night as STOG which was something that wouldn't make sense to me but it also keeps STOG players happy who keep coming back and asking for ops and things when STOG can only be run once a week as well as giving the I&A players a more immerseful experience.

Like zues been added when used properly as a great tool its great but when not used properly its not too good.I hope this gives abit more clearer understanding of what was being suggested and understanding that it wasn't just I&A that was considered in the original post but a whole player base of coop game play but focused on improving our I&A server. When l was talking about mods on I&A server l meant client side only mods not mods like Mas, USAF,ect weapons or vehicle mods for e.g where it would be seen by a player without the mod as the weapon is invisible these mods are the mods that are used in the realism unit these wouldn't be used in I&A if we decide to go ahead with it.

• Like 1

dasweetdude    327

The sounds for it are awesome sounds a lot more realistic than the standard sounds just got one more bug to test with it and will be good to go tested it this morning on the dev server when l got up at about 3am and works well. Just one bug to sort out but l'm not sure if its happening on my side if a few of you boys want to test it out later with me see if the bug happens to everyone else it will also help isolate the bug.