Hindsight2020

Medic begging/harassing

I think a discussion needs to be had about what exactly the priority of the medics is, more than once I have had irritating people spamming comms asking me to medic them when they are 400 meters away in an open field surrounded by enemies and getting angry or abusive when told I am not going to charge up to them.   There is a reason in all first aid course you take that the first rule of first aid is always to assess the danger to the first aider.   There should be a rule against pressuring medics, they will get to you when they can, you have a 10 minute count down for a reason be patient, clear and secure the area before reviving.  I love playing medic it's my primary go to role, but I find myself forgoing this role when the player count is higher for this reason.

Possible suggestions to minimize friction between medics and other players. 
1. Reduce the distance casualties can see the medic nearby distance.  Still allow medics to see casualties up to 500 meters, but maybe reduce the distance for casualties down to 100 meters if possible.
2. Allow casualties to slowly crawl so they can atleast move themselves to nearby cover to assist medics in not getting killed while reviving and give the player something to do while they wait for a revive.

Edited by Hindsight2020
  • Like 4

• Mittons    2

I see this quite a bit. Medics will get to you when they can. If they charge out to you without due care they can die and not only make it harder for you but also the squad. Call medic and be patient. You will be attended to as soon as possible

• Like 1