Sign in to follow this  
Matsozetex

Some Suggestions After Coming Back

Matsozetex    89

I have a few suggestions to improve the game after coming back after a while and experiencing some wonkiness.

1. Base Defence Improvements
In its current implementation, the base AA defence is so ineffective at taking out jets who brazenly fly over base it might as well shoot fireworks. Ages ago, the base defence used to consist of Cheetah's who could easily kill jets with their radar guided guns and titan AA missiles. I suggest restoring it back to its previous state.

2. Jet Selection
This system is very buggy and poor, it makes me want to never touch jets ever again. Firstly just addressing the transport leaderboards, you don't have to incentivise people to fly transport, consistently when I hop on transport pilot slots are filled so why have the arbitrary limiter on jet quality tied to transport points.

Second, the system is extremely bugged, even when requesting specific roles, consistently you get Wipeouts when requesting AA jets, and Buzzards, so many Buzzards.

Lastly, why even have the buzzard present? It is simply a jet that does not excel at anything, it can't perform as a AA jet because the loadout doesn't favour air to air combat and most air supremacy jets can easily out pace it, and its role as a CAS jet leaves a lot to be desired with limited bomb load or manoeuvrability, even as a "multi-role" it fails in comparison to the black wasp.

I suggest one of two things to occur, either you keep the current system (probably easier to do) but you remove the buzzard from the loadout or you remove the current system entirely and let players select which jet to pick. Ironside players don't have to earn medic points so that they get a semi-decent tank, they just choose the tank.

Many beautiful staff members like Ratso are offering to spawn jets that are not shit, but maybe instead of adding another bit of work to your staff, instead fix the system so that they have one less thing to worry about.

3. Infinite Ammo
I understand the balance argument that is at place here, having Tigris' run out of ammo would make the game trivial, but certain things in this game should not be given infinite ammo. My list is as follows:
- Hostile Jets: Having jets with infinite ammo means they can infinitely spam you with AA missiles while using infinite flares to defeat most missiles. Jets are temporary, they come back frequently, don't make them hell to defeat. They are so past the point of annoyance that not even base defence can defeat a Gryphon.
- Hostile AT Infantry: I have experience first hand this issue, enemy infantry squads seems to have infinite rockets which really gets me. I'm outside the AO riding in my bobcat where a single Recon squad fires, not 1, not 4, not 6 but 8 rockets at my vehicle. It's just getting stupid.

Hopefully this advice can change this server for the better.

Edited by Matsozetex
  • Like 4