Humaine

Straya I&A 24hours

Humaine    131

Hi all,

So a bit more detail about the 24 hour gaming I’ll be doing. 

I’m looking at starting tomorrow on the 27th at 12 pm (AUST) - Midday, after the server restart and going on till 28th at 12pm Midday

I was hoping to make this a charity fundraising event, which I hope others could participate and we could donate together, but unfortunately it looks like it will have to be individual donations. So I will be donating when I start playing. If you want to participate, I would also encourage you to donate to, but you don’t have to if you want to join in.

The charity I’m looking at donating to is https://checkpointorg.com and here’s a bit of info from their “about us” page.

CheckPoint is a charity that provides mental health resources for gamers and the gaming community.

Our missions are to raise awareness for mental health issues, reduce stigma, and improve wellbeing in our community. We are passionate about using video games for positive wellbeing and resilience.

Because CheckPoint is run by both mental health and games industry professionals, our reach spans across both industries and ensures the information we provide is accurate, relevant and implementable.

We are passionate that what we do will change the face of mental healthcare and video game culture forever.

I know this is a different charity to donate to, as most events like this is usually for sick kids or other groups, which are serious. But I think mental health is really important, and especially for us gamers and during this stupid year. And if this website/organisation can help anyone in our community and give them support, then I’m really happy to donate.

I had hoped to get this posted officially as an event here at Strayagaming but unfortunately it was not to be.

So I would like to invite members of our community to join me during the 24 hour gaming session and donate if you can during the event.

https://checkpointorg.com/donate/ (choose the “one-time” amount option on the left of the page.)

And maybe mention that you're a member of the Strayagaming community. But again, you don’t have to, if you don’t want or can’t afford to. It’s all good! 😀

I have some players that I talked to, that are keen, but might not do the full 24 hours. I’m also hoping that there will be some admin that will help us make the event fun during those hours. ( I would especially like a go-kart race during the event 😉) but only if they are available.

During that time, I’ll be streaming on Youtube, hopefully for that full 24 hours. https://youtu.be/VbG20atRPHI (Edit: My stream worked, but Youtube has a limit on how long you can stream for :(... 12 hours max.... Sucky)

I’m looking forward to this, and have gotten permission from my boss to set up and play at work…. LOL… they have gigabit fiber there… 

Hope to see you guys there.

Edited by Humaine
Addition
  • Like 7
  • <3 2

• Humaine    131

I thought I might start it... even though we're still an hour out from the start 🙂

If others would like to, please donate if you can 🙂

• Like 4

Knoah    60

Done 🙂 I encourage all that can to do the same! 🙂 

dono.PNG

Edited by Knoah
    • Like 4

JACKLORD    8

Donated 400 there lads, great work on bringing awareness.

In loving memory of my dear wife who lost her battle with depression.

image.thumb.png.029884df7bd33ff9136ac7cdbec3c534.png

• Like 4
    • <3 4

Humaine    131

Thanks everyone, the 24hours is done and we raised a bit of donations.... and thanks to caps, James_Xi7 for sticking it out and doing the full 24 hours with me. Hopefully we will have other volunteers next time 🙂

And a BIG THANKS to all of those that donated to this awesome event and to the great charity. It means a lot to me and to all of us in the Strayagaming community that everyone cares and want to help with such a great cause.

And a big thank you to the Strayagaming Organisation and to the admins that helped and were there to support this event.

I'm very tired... i'm running on cola, mmpeanuts, old dark beer and pizza... I might take an hour sleep before I drive here from work back home.... 😫

I'm already planning one for next year. :

• Like 3
    • Clap 4

AusCafeRacer    14
    Cheers Humaine excellent Event maybe next year I can last the 24hrs but 15hrs is a good start and donation to a worthy cause thank you all for a brilliant day and night Cheers AusCafeRacer

ArmA_3_Screenshot_2020_12.26_-_00_28_51_20.png

• Like 4
    • Clap 1