Ticker175

Allowing The Enhanced Movement Mod

Ticker175    5

The enchanted movement mod is probably one of the most used mods in arma it allows for extremely effective use of terrain and obstacles.

it lets you climb objects which would otherwise be impossible to scale this is awesome because it allows infantry greater tactical movement and better cover which will inevitably make people enjoy the server more!

The big plus with adding this mod is that it won’t reduce the server pop at all because it is a client side mod. It is also extremely easy to add to the server as all that would need to be changed is allowing people to join with the mod

another mod that is worth consideration is DUI (squad radar). But I’ll stick to one mod at a time and won’t push my luck

• Like 2

• Corporal Kerry    141

But if you are using this mod, those who do not have it would see players moving on top of buildings and such and they would look strange. You do not need a mod for squad radar, just script it in.

=S.N.A.F.U.=    92

3 hours ago, Corporal Kerry said:

But if you are using this mod, those who do not have it would see players moving on top of buildings and such and they would look strange. 

That's true enough Kerry. But with Downloads from the browser etc available & it being a tiny file, I doubt anyone would have an issue getting it. I think some might not even notice getting it. Alternatively, when they see the strange floaty men they'd ask "What's causing that?" & find out how to get it.

I am a bit biased I guess as I have wanted this on the server for ages.

• Like 2

Ticker175    5
    9 hours ago, Corporal Kerry said:

But if you are using this mod, those who do not have it would see players moving on top of buildings and such and they would look strange. You do not need a mod for squad radar, just script it in.

Yes I share the same opinion as SNAFU, when people see other players climbing on top of buildings I would assume that they would want to know how to do the same and as SNAFU said it is a tiny download

it is also uncomplicated to find as if it’s implemented like the JSRS and blastcore mods people will be given a prompt if they join the server via the launcher if they also want to load this mod

yes I agree a mod simply for squad radar is unnecessary but the server already has a squad radar and I just simply find it lacking in customisation and I thought it would be easier for me to convince the great straya gods to add a single line of code to allow the loading of a mod rather than completely redesigning their already functional script

Edited by Ticker175
    • Like 2