Sign in to follow this  
SangheliWarlord

Get rid of the auto offline safezone mod, its redundant

Space engineers already has an inbuilt method for preventing offline raiding with a end game device called a safezone which needs to be maintained by acquiring safezone chips. This mod defeats the purpose of going to through the effort of building one of these devices and putting in the effort to maintain it. Offline raiding is not an issue specific to space engineers and occurs on almost all online sandbox games in one form or another and given that there is in fact an inbuilt feature of the game that allows players to protect against this if they are willing to put the effort in to acquire it, it doesn't make sense to make this in-game feature redundant by offering blanket protection to everyone who makes themselves a faction, if they want there stuff to be protected when they are offline they should go through the effort of making a safezone, And if the staff wanted to they could make acquisition of these safezones easier by adding safezone chips to the rewards list.

In conclusion there doesn't need to be a mod this redundant in the mod list. 

• DJ_JoozBrorg    825

I will give my thoughts about this Topic as a Player and also as a staff Member, first off ill give my opinion a player.

Player: As a player playing the Server I have found the Offline Safe-Zone very useful, If I'm travelling though space and I come across a base I can see the Offline Safe-Zone and know that that Faction is not online then I move along to the next place, I think without them more and more people will fall victim to accidental Offline-Raiding.

Staff: As a Staff Member moderating the server the Offline Safe-Zones are there to help player not to make the mistake of accidental Offline-Raiding, as we do have a Server Rule as below.

• Offline raiding is prohibited. If a faction member is online all grids owned by their faction can be raided. If you find a grid with no members of the owning faction online, then you cannot raid/attack it.

This rule was set in place to allow a balance between PVE/PVP players, Players that are PVE wont be wiped over night by a player lurking around a players base spawning NPC's to attack their base over night and also if you want to raid a Player base prepare to have some risk along with it, A raid should not be as easy as sitting afar from a players grid and sniping out turrets. Regarding Safe-Zones Blocks we currently have a limit of 1 per Faction this was set in place to allow each Faction to have 1 base safe from raids but meaning Faction outposts will be able to get raided by PVP players if the Faction is online. 

Edited by DJ_JoozBrorg

I think regular safe zone blocks should be removed and keep offline safe zone if we're keeping the no offline raiding rule keeping the regular safe zones allows someone to be untouchable 24/7 

• Like 1

As DJ said Puffy you can have one base that uses the regular safe zone but its restricted to one per faction meaning even if you have multiple faction members who have separate bases only one will be able to have the regular safe zone so that if all the other bases get destroyed they have at least something to restart from without being completely wiped. And getting wiped tends to drive most new players away from servers due to Alpha PvP factions attacking them.

Safe zone chips can be expensive and hard to acquire for new players. You yourself said it's an endgame device. Any new players on the server will not want to stay on the server once they find out their base got wiped after they logged off for the first time.

4 hours ago, snowboundmage2 said:

Safe zone chips can be expensive and hard to acquire for new players. You yourself said it's an endgame device. Any new players on the server will not want to stay on the server once they find out their base got wiped after they logged off for the first time.

I also said if the staff wish they could add them to the rewards list like they do with cobalt, uranium, and tier 2 and 3 tools

DJ_JoozBrorg    825
    On 3/3/2021 at 1:45 PM, SangheliWarlord said:

I also said if the staff wish they could add them to the rewards list like they do with cobalt, uranium, and tier 2 and 3 tools

We currently have 1 zone in the play-time rewards at a 1% chance if u have suggestions on any rewards Flick me a pm here or on discord and we can go over it and see if its something that can work. But in mide we want to keep it balanced 

Hairy    0

Hey as a noob to this server I have to say I'm attracted by the offline protection, even with rules there's always that one ahole. 

If you do decide to get rid of it, then there should still be some form of protection for those starting fresh, perhaps offline protection until they reach a certain block count and aquire a jump drive. A system of bonus zone chips based on player progression (biased to noobs) is not recommended as I can think of a few ways to scam that.

Sign in to follow this