Sign in to follow this  
Humaine

I&A 24Hours - 2021

Humaine    131

Hi all,

I'm looking at doing another 24 Hour session of Strayagaming Invade & Annex.

The date of the event will be on the 18th (Sat)-19th (Sun) of December. 12pm to 12pm Midday.

Like last time, we will be looking at doing some fundraising for the charity we helped last year, which is Checkpointorg (https://checkpointorg.com).
A charity that provides mental health resources for gamers and the gaming community. (With all the 😣2020-21😬 going on still... some of us need this...)
Here's their "About us" from their website:

CheckPoint is a charity that provides mental health resources for gamers and the gaming community.
Our missions are to raise awareness for mental health issues, reduce stigma, and improve wellbeing in our community. We are passionate about using video games for positive wellbeing and resilience.
Because CheckPoint is run by both mental health and games industry professionals, our reach spans across both industries and ensures the information we provide is accurate, relevant and implementable.
We are passionate that what we do will change the face of mental healthcare and video game culture forever.

Like last time, I would like to invite Strayagaming members to join me for this 24 hour gaming session and donate if you can, during the event. But again, you don’t have to, if you don’t want or can’t afford to. It’s all good! 

I have some players that I talked to, that are keen, but might not do the full 24 hours. That's ok. If you only want to do part of it, is all good.

I've also been discussing with the admins a few other things we might be doing. I'll give out more details as we get closer to the time.  Keep an eye on this thread...

I'm looking forward to it as always, and again... I'll be doing this at work, which was great last time... no one here during the holidays... hehehe.

Hope you guys can join 🙂

Edited by Humaine
Added days
  • Like 2

• Humaine    131

With a lot of reluctance I have chosen to cancel my 24 hour event here at Strayagaming. 

I had hoped that I could continue this event here with the SG community, but after the last few months that I have been working on this project, I was finding it increasingly difficult to make some of these decisions by myself. And also that there hasn’t been enough support given to this endeavour.

I have been approached by another gaming community recently. They have been aware of my event and our cause to raise awareness of mental health, and the support for gamers that is available. They are supportive of my project and are willing to put in the effort to help organise it with me.

I would like to thank those of you who have asked about and wanted to help me with the event. Once I have finalised the details of this event, I welcome you to come find me online and talk to me about it privately, or when we are playing together again.

I have made many friends here, and will continue to support SG and our community as much as I have.

Thanks everyone 🙂

Humaine

Rogmantosh    242

Sorry to hear you haven't gotten the support you were after here, especially when the charity is for mental health and avenues of support.

Mental Health is no longer a topic that is being side-lined or shunned.

It affects a large amount of people, even more so in the current climate, us Gamers are not immune to Mental Health Issues.

I start my Christmas leave on the 17th and as long as I don't get further tasking I will come and find you and join you where ever you are to throw my support behind your fundraiser. 

• Like 1