TooMuchWasabi

Remove Jets from Wasteland

Mark    14

Dude i think you just have to realize, Jets won't be removed just because you don't like them.. 

Learn to combat them, guerilla warfare, avoid hotspots, focus on the ground and ignore the air. 

• 19 hours ago, Mark said:

Dude i think you just have to realize, Jets won't be removed just because you don't like them.. 

Learn to combat them, guerilla warfare, avoid hotspots, focus on the ground and ignore the air. 

Read the thread.

Mark    14

I have and I still think you're wasting your time trying to get them removed. You'd be better petitioning getting the #2 server infantry only, or no vehicle stores and only the scattered cars/helis around the map. 

21 hours ago, TooMuchWasabi said:

I understand that you love it being op, but come on, for the rest of us it sucks.

It's only "OP" if you use it to its full potential. Since you always go on about it's rockets on side chat here ya go, it has 1000 30mm rounds that fire in bursts of 20, 2 Falchion-22 srange AA 6 Macer AGMs, 7 HE shrieker rocket pods unguided, 7 AP shrieker Rocket pods unuided and 4 Laser guided GBU-12 Bombs which can be used without a designator if you use it properly. You act as if jets are easy to fly, and you are right they are easy to FLY but nearly everyone I have seen get one can't hit the broadside of a barn with the 30mm Gattling Cannons

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Blue Eagle [+1 CREW] said:

It's only "OP" if you use it to its full potential. Since you always go on about it's rockets on side chat here ya go, it has 1000 30mm rounds that fire in bursts of 20, 2 Falchion-22 srange AA 6 Macer AGMs, 7 HE shrieker rocket pods unguided, 7 AP shrieker Rocket pods unuided and 4 Laser guided GBU-12 Bombs which can be used without a designator if you use it properly. You act as if jets are easy to fly, and you are right they are easy to FLY but nearly everyone I have seen get one can't hit the broadside of a barn with the 30mm Gattling Cannons

yea

battesyy    4

@TooMuchWasabi ArmA III literally has an RNG effect on flares, there's a 1 in 5 chance, regardless if you maneuver and flare correctly, you will be hit (which is honestly the most stupid thing I have ever heard of, but it actually exists, I would get a link but I'm sure you can find it if you look) plus the fact that you don't even need to own the Airfield to take Blue or myself out since you can just sit on the hill 3km away from the AF and wire guide an AT missile into us while we rearm. There's so many ways to take us out, but you would rather waste the time to camp inside a gunstore furiously typing in global chat than do something about it... 

19 hours ago, battesyy said:

@TooMuchWasabi ArmA III literally has an RNG effect on flares, there's a 1 in 5 chance, regardless if you maneuver and flare correctly, you will be hit (which is honestly the most stupid thing I have ever heard of, but it actually exists, I would get a link but I'm sure you can find it if you look) plus the fact that you don't even need to own the Airfield to take Blue or myself out since you can just sit on the hill 3km away from the AF and wire guide an AT missile into us while we rearm. There's so many ways to take us out, but you would rather waste the time to camp inside a gunstore furiously typing in global chat than do something about it... 

yea

HiX    17

Suggestion, place mines on the airfield, he cant land on it then. Easy peazy.

• Like 1

Jay    661
    On 2/6/2016 at 11:09 AM, Blue Eagle [+1 CREW] said:

Or buy a Marshall for 27500

High risk, high reward.

Jets cost $120k (high risk) and can be very 'OP' and can get you loads of kills (high reward) but all it takes is a decently skilled player to shoot down a jet...I understand it could be annoying to die but honestly play it stealthy, get to a gun store, get a AA launcher and fill a quad with AA missiles go hide and when he flies over take him down. Not hard.

Yes, I myself have died many times to Blue Eagles jets...makes my blood boil.

• Like 1

Rebitaay    7
    On 1/29/2016 at 0:26 AM, battesyy said:

ArmA III literally has an RNG effect on flares, there's a 1 in 5 chance, regardless if you maneuver and flare correctly, you will be hit

It's not RNG. An experienced pilot can easily dodge missiles. Sure, you can't always dodge due to circumstances such as being too close or flying too slow, but it's not RNG.

I've heard the cries of many frustrated pilots claiming shit like this. Typically, the infantry with the AA launcher waited for the perfect moment to fire the missile, therefor making it impossile to dodge. But, again, this is not RNG.

Now, there is a difference if you're in a lower grade helicopter (such as an AH-9) where there is not an actual radar. For the most part, if you can't see the missile, you just have to use your judgement and dodge when you think the moment is right.

In a vehicle such as a jet, Ghosthawk, or AH-99 Blackfoot where you have an actual radar, wait for the "M" of the missile to reach the edge of the inner-circle. As soon as it hits that inner-circle, pop flares and make a sharp turn. Pitch slightly downwards if there's altitude to spare, so you can get more speed to get away from the AA before more missiles come after you.

Using this method, I've achieved a personal record of 7 dodges in a row with a Ghosthawk, having the 8th disable me after I lost too much speed after a dive.

Hope this helps any new pilots out there. Good luck!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Rebitaay said:

It's not RNG. An experienced pilot can easily dodge missiles. Sure, you can't always dodge due to circumstances such as being too close or flying too slow, but it's not RNG.

I've heard the cries of many frustrated pilots claiming shit like this. Typically, the infantry with the AA launcher waited for the perfect moment to fire the missile, therefor making it impossile to dodge. But, again, this is not RNG.

Now, there is a difference if you're in a lower grade helicopter (such as an AH-9) where there is not an actual radar. For the most part, if you can't see the missile, you just have to use your judgement and dodge when you think the moment is right.

In a vehicle such as a jet, Ghosthawk, or AH-99 Blackfoot where you have an actual radar, wait for the "M" of the missile to reach the edge of the inner-circle. As soon as it hits that inner-circle, pop flares and make a sharp turn. Pitch slightly downwards if there's altitude to spare, so you can get more speed to get away from the AA before more missiles come after you.

Using this method, I've achieved a personal record of 7 dodges in a row with a Ghosthawk, having the 8th disable me after I lost too much speed after a dive.

Hope this helps any new pilots out there. Good luck!

I believe he is quoting the fact that if 5 missiles are fired I. Succession the 5th always hits, that's the RNG I think he means

• Like 1

Rebitaay    7
    1 hour ago, Blue Eagle [+1 CREW] said:

I believe he is quoting the fact that if 5 missiles are fired I. Succession the 5th always hits, that's the RNG I think he means

Sure, I doubt anyone could dodge 5 missiles in quick succession. But who would fire 5 missiles at a time? Maybe two or three at most.

Just don't fly over high traffic areas where there are likely to be infantry with AA. And if you have to, fly where there's cover.

26 minutes ago, Rebitaay said:

Sure, I doubt anyone could dodge 5 missiles in quick succession. But who would fire 5 missiles at a time? Maybe two or three at most.

Just don't fly over high traffic areas where there are likely to be infantry with AA. And if you have to, fly where there's cover.

Exactly, best method of attacking gunstores is a nice high fast approach with the engine off 30mm spray the GS itself then pop a HE shriekr in the courtyard and GG

• Like 1

Rebitaay    7
    14 hours ago, Blue Eagle [+1 CREW] said:

Exactly, best method of attacking gunstores is a nice high fast approach with the engine off 30mm spray the GS itself then pop a HE shriekr in the courtyard and GG

That would work too. I wouldn't have though of that scenario since I'm a helicopter pilot. Any jet I fly becomes sentient and tries to kill me.

Samayueren    11112

There is the issue of people not being able to have fun when the gun shop just constantly get bombarded by the air superiority.
    perhaps consider a no bomb rule on the gun store? but then you have the issue of people using gun store as a safe zone.
    you really have to look at these issue from more than one view .

Vallenx    70
    1 hour ago, Samayueren said:

There is the issue of people not being able to have fun when the gun shop just constantly get bombarded by the air superiority.
    perhaps consider a no bomb rule on the gun store? but then you have the issue of people using gun store as a safe zone.
    you really have to look at these issue from more than one view .

This isn't viable as its too hard to enforce. This is Wasteland, there are no safe zones. If people want safezones they should play Altis Life.

Here is your solution, and believe this is coming from someone who HATES planes/heli's with a passion. 

Planes should stay. Why? They are a part of the game. Just like heli's and tanks. When a tank is bombing a gun store.. leave? Go to the airfield and take it? Wasteland is huge. When my area starts getting bombed or mortared, I sit on the edge of the hotzone and wait for the plane to pass and pick off people as they enter. When they enter, planes wont bomb (or shouldn't) a gun store with friendlies in it. Go kill them, return to your spot just outside the hotzone and repeat.

• Like 2

Warhawk    7

I cannot recall being killed by a jet in Stratis....

Why all the fuss? grab a couple of Guys get some AA and just pepper him with Missiles. As mentioned above, he only has 6 sets of flares... if you are smart with your AA you shouldn't have an issue.

On 2/28/2016 at 9:26 AM, Warhawk said:

I cannot recall being killed by a jet in Stratis....

i havnt played in a month thats why, people cannot afford the ridiculous 120k price

Edited by Blue Eagle [+1 CREW]
    • Like 2

DanOmate    17
    On ‎2‎/‎11‎/‎2016 at 6:14 AM, Rebitaay said:

That would work too. I wouldn't have though of that scenario since I'm a helicopter pilot. Any jet I fly becomes sentient and tries to kill me.

Since you're mostly chopper pilot, you might want to buy a cheap AH-99 if you need to take out any pesky air vehicles. 4AA missiles that can take out any flying object on the map is pretty op.  

15 minutes ago, DanOmate said:

Since you're mostly chopper pilot, you might want to buy a cheap AH-99 if you need to take out any pesky air vehicles. 4AA missiles that can take out any flying object on the map is pretty op.  

When the damage models are fixed you will need more then 1 rocket

• Like 1

Tiggati    1067

I'm going to lock this topic, as it's old and there's more than enough replies as to why it won't be removed.

// Locked