Richard

Endless dribble in the pilot channel

Richard    30

I have been holding this back for a while, while piloting and logged in the pilot channel it seems to me that there is an increase in useless chat. That is, people seem to like to hear their own voices.

Anyway, just my rant for the day.

• Like 2

• Kalthramis    58

I was in the chat last night, and Barry(?), I think, was able to quiet it down a tad. But yeah, it has been super bad lately. I had a lot of trouble communicating with other pilots.

Deadline    1
    On 1/26/2016 at 5:40 PM, Richard said:

I have been holding this back for a while, while piloting and logged in the pilot channel it seems to me that there is an increase in useless chat. That is, people seem to like to hear their own voices.

Anyway, just my rant for the day.

Totally agree with you bud, I'm always trying to get people to use comms edicate and even when I finally get people to do it, within 5-10 mins people start doing it again, but in saying that trying to police something to keep them in check is way to much work to expect from admins.

I think all we can really do is keep trying to do it ourselfs and back each other up.

On 1/27/2016 at 5:26 PM, Kalthramis said:

I was in the chat last night, and Barry(?), I think, was able to quiet it down a tad. But yeah, it has been super bad lately. I had a lot of trouble communicating with other pilots.

Funny thing is barry is usually one of the worst culprits of what the OP is describing, though if it was someone other than him doing it he probably would have helped.

• Like 1

shift597    178

Im gunna propose a solution to this problem on here (which ive already spoken to Richard about) so you guys can have a discussion about it. I think creating an I&A Lounge channel would alleviate the problems we are having witt this. This would mean that pilots could stay in their channel unhindered by noise and whenever somebody needed to talk to a pilot they could swap into the channel and communicate and then swap back to the lounge. Just a thought, what do you guys think?

• Like 1

Nova    1779
    2 hours ago, shift597 said:

Im gunna propose a solution to this problem on here (which ive already spoken to Richard about) so you guys can have a discussion about it. I think creating an I&A Lounge channel would alleviate the problems we are having witt this. This would mean that pilots could stay in their channel unhindered by noise and whenever somebody needed to talk to a pilot they could swap into the channel and communicate and then swap back to the lounge. Just a thought, what do you guys think?

this would work but the problem is like in barry's case some pilots want to make a lot of noise with other players

Mark    14

People just talk man, hard to avoid, the reason it happens is people playing I&A go to a channel with people in it (Pilot channel) then more people join that channel to just chit and chat. Having a lounge still probably wouldn't fix it. Why? because there will always be players in the pilot channel and you dont wanna sit in the lounge by yourself waiting for friends. 

If you need to communicate just tell everyone to shut the fuck up and then speak. or tell them to get out, if they refuse then ask a mod and admin. You are in everyway in the right because you're using it for appropriate reasons. I guarantee none of the I&A boys will second guess you. 

Richard    30

Mark, Yes, you can tell people to "Shut the Fuck Up", however, the better approach is to get a consensus and then make a rule for the piloting channel and/or what Shift597 indicated a lounge area. 

Another  issue/opinion, is that the other channels are not used to their potential, that is if you are Alpha squad you should use the TS Alpha. If you need to get an Evac then by all means move to the pilot channel to request or see what is happening etc. I have checked other I&A servers, especially some of the Seppos, they are more organised in using these channels eg: 77th Joint Special Operations (77th JSOC) <ts.77th-jsoc.com>

Just some food for thought.

• Like 1

Tracuer    92

I'll admit, from time to time I can get a little talkative in the pilots channel, but I do try to avoid it when I can. However the reason most people sit in the pilot channel is because they want to be a pilot and will sit there waiting for the call of "pilot slot open."

I for one don't have too much of a problem if the pilots are the ones in the channel talking, it's their channel, so long as they stay quiet when someone is trying to communicate with them (which yes, can be an issue from time to time). For me the issue comes when non-pilots talk to each other in the channel, and as someone that when not piloting likes to call CAS in when I can; I often end up not being able to get a word in due to the other infantry guys going on about stuff happening to them. I like the solution of a lounge however, unless it's enforced early it may not change much. There are already plenty of other channels there, but are not used, mostly for the reason stated before, people want the pilot slots. 

For me the solution would have to go with enforcement, they are NOT a pilot, do NOT be in their channel unless communicating with them. To solve the 'pilots in waiting' I'd say get them more aware of the pilot leader board, I always have it on, whether a pilot or infantry. I do this to keep tabs on who the pilots are and how may there are as well. If we keep enforcement on the Pilots ONLY channel, pilots will know (I would hope) to be quite when someone joins the channel to talk to them. 

just thought I'd add my opinion

Tracuer

Edited by Tracuer
    • Like 2

shift597    178

yeh i like your ideas there traceur. I want to start a new thing with the "pilots in waiting" where they have to put a number next their name in correspondence with the order they are in for the next pilot slot. This does however require some rule changes as it has always just been first in best dressed. For instance in the event so and so has been waiting for a pilot for 30 mins and he coordinates with a pilot to take his slot and someone beats him to the punch then i cant necessarily kick someone for that because its not part of the rules. I would like to make a rule where pilots who are already in TS have priority over those not already in TS and those who joined TS after getting the slot because its unfair for people who are already in TS.

Other than that i still think the lounge would solve a lot of problems and also bringing a new rule in where if u are not a pilot you cant be in the pilot channel for more than 5 minutes or unless you have need for a pilot, the exact definition has to be narrowed down.

• Like 1

Kalthramis    58

Could we use an external website where people can sign up for a slot. Or in-game. Have the server announce a slot is open and who it belongs to when a pilot leaves. Should be a fairly simple script. 

Richard    30
    On 04/02/2016 at 10:12 AM, Kalthramis said:

Could we use an external website where people can sign up for a slot. Or in-game. Have the server announce a slot is open and who it belongs to when a pilot leaves. Should be a fairly simple script. 

Good idea, Thanks for your suggestion, Kalthramis.

• Like 1

shift597    178

Alright so I want to get the ball rolling with this one in the coming days. My idea is to have a 'lounge' channel and a 'waiting for a pilot slot' channel. This would require some rule changes. Mainly:

1. Non-pilots not allowed in the pilot channel unless with a valid reason (eg. CAS request, Transport request, ammo request etc)

2. People in the 'waiting for a pilot slot' channel will have priority over anyone else for pilot slots.

What do you guys think?

• Like 2

Nova    1779
    3 minutes ago, shift597 said:

Alright so I want to get the ball rolling with this one in the coming days. My idea is to have a 'lounge' channel and a 'waiting for a pilot slot' channel. This would require some rule changes. Mainly:

1. Non-pilots not allowed in the pilot channel unless with a valid reason (eg. CAS request, Transport request, ammo request etc)

2. People in the 'waiting for a pilot slot' channel will have priority over anyone else for pilot slots.

What do you guys think?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

i cant reply normally for some reason. but would this mean that you'd kick players that would just happen to get into that pilot slot before the next person in line could?

shift597    178
    10 minutes ago, InfamousNova said:
    14 minutes ago, shift597 said:

i cant reply normally for some reason. but would this mean that you'd kick players that would just happen to get into that pilot slot before the next person in line could?

Yes

Kalthramis    58

Sounds good to me. Have the waiting for pilot channel be muted.

You can be in multiple teamspeak channels at once, so you can still talk in one and wait in the line.

Nova    1779
    5 hours ago, Kalthramis said:

Sounds good to me. Have the waiting for pilot channel be muted.

You can be in multiple teamspeak channels at once, so you can still talk in one and wait in the line.

id say just leave it so people can talk. maybe if they want to leave the queue. you can mute if you want to

Kalthramis    58

Seems to be working pretty well so far. Only problem is people not knowing how to do tabs; could add that to the channel's description with a [check description] text. Had one newbie get pretty pissed about being forced out of his fresh slot for skipping in front of people in line, but that's the only issue I've seen so far. Otherwise it's smooth as butter.

• Like 1

Barry    12

Naw shit. Sorry if i talk alot guys but i dont care if someone tells me to "Shut the fuck up" because i will shut my mouth then. The common issue is people talking while someone else is (I am a culprit also) which becomes a pain. 

• Like 1