Lachlan

[NEW] Game Server Suggestions

Lachlan    204

Hello our lovely community members

So our Staff have been thinking of opening a new game server Strayagaming should introduce to its list as we all know we are dominating the Arma charts so we are wanting to reach out to other games and try to grow our titles as successful as arma.

Please suggestions in one comment.

• Like 1

• Prillor    5

I think Straya needs to have server #2 with everything from Altis Life exactly the same on server #2 ... Just for when its full, people can use the other server... Its quite simple to do with Database part of it! but it sure does work.

sirgeneralj    378

Gmod DarkRP

Maybe another GMOD server which swaps different combat game modes (jailbreak, TTT, ect.)

Zorgain    482
    2 hours ago, Prillor said:

I think Straya needs to have server #2 with everything from Altis Life exactly the same on server #2 ... Just for when its full, people can use the other server... Its quite simple to do with Database part of it! but it sure does work.

Maybe just add more slots onto the server because lately I have been seeing Altis Life get full almost everyday, which is nice but not on the other end waiting in server lobby. But this could also mean more Dsync for the server and harder to run maybe once the dedi computer is up or something this could be added.

Byron    197

You guys should think about having a CSGO surfing map, i think that will be good and you guys would get some traffic coming though cause most people on here play CSGO.

Sylver    27

A DayZ strayagaming style rp server would be awesome, as it currently has the best framework for an rp game even though it is still in alpha release, also if there is a space engineers server I will put my hand up for participating in world creation and modding as I have run my own space engineers servers before and know how it's done.

• Like 4

Nova    1779
    50 minutes ago, Sylver said:

A DayZ strayagaming style rp server would be awesome, as it currently has the best framework for an rp game even though it is still in alpha release, also if there is a space engineers server I will put my hand up for participating in world creation and modding as I have run my own space engineers servers before and know how it's done.

i think for the space engineers server. you would just do star system i reckon. and maybe a better starter ship. have a speed mod set to like 300-400 and i think it would be good. 

Sylver    27
    2 hours ago, InfamousNova said:

i think for the space engineers server. you would just do star system i reckon. and maybe a better starter ship. have a speed mod set to like 300-400 and i think it would be good. 

But for it to bring people together in gameplay it should have prefab structures like spaceports and outposts. I do already have a few designs which would suffice.

Prillor    5
    14 hours ago, Nippleez said:

Maybe just add more slots onto the server because lately I have been seeing Altis Life get full almost everyday, which is nice but not on the other end waiting in server lobby. But this could also mean more Dsync for the server and harder to run maybe once the dedi computer is up or something this could be added.

No that would make the lag even worse. Hence why I suggested Server #2 with exactly the same as Server #1.

Nova    1779
    1 hour ago, Nippleez said:

@Prillor Yeah it would but if they find a better dedi and fix the dedi computer then it should be fine.

the dedi was being ddosed 24/7 not much could be done

15 hours ago, Sylver said:

But for it to bring people together in gameplay it should have prefab structures like spaceports and outposts. I do already have a few designs which would suffice.

yeah but nothing too big.

Sylver    27
    28 minutes ago, InfamousNova said:

yeah but nothing too big.

The size isnt really the issue, it is more the complexity on a large scale that would be the problem but also you wouldn't want the slot capacity higher than 40 anyway. So if the world was set at max 12 mods, 40 slots max on survival mode, floating objects no higher than 400 and have debris despawn turned on the server would run fine. But remember that the mods you would have to install server side is only physical mods, anyone who joins can use blueprint and script mods client side only.

Nova    1779
    7 minutes ago, Sylver said:

The size isnt really the issue, it is more the complexity on a large scale that would be the problem but also you wouldn't want the slot capacity higher than 40 anyway. So if the world was set at max 12 mods, 40 slots max on survival mode, floating objects no higher than 400 and have debris despawn turned on the server would run fine. But remember that the mods you would have to install server side is only physical mods, anyone who joins can use blueprint and script mods client side only.

some pc's cant handle large stations let alone planets. its pretty pricey for a 40 slot server. i'd probably go for like 20-30 slots at first to see if theres interest

ʝ17    433

Let's try and keep altis life to another topic unfortunately, as you know that dedi was crap (What's a server without DDoS protection..?)
    However we are gonna be looking into other options for the altis life server to take it from second in aus to first.

• Like 1