Leopard    7

Short and simple.

I propose that instead of every 6 hours having a restart. That time is brought foward to 3 hours? Maybe 4? 

Some days just 2 hours after the restart the FPS is bad and lag is UNREAL!

I personally cant see the down side to more frequent restarts.. 

With love !

- Mr. Snow Leopard

// See ya on the end of me .408 // 

Edited by Mitchell A. Westermann
Signature
  • Like 3

• Mozkelby    379

You have my  +1

With a server as large and established as S.G Wasteland, we could most certainly do with more frequent restarts.

I'll take this up with JP next time I see him.

• Like 3

Unit_3397    712

I concur to this post, I see benefits to more restarts, this will hopefull result in less parties blaming their deaths on lag or low fps, and improve overall gamplay for all loyal wasteland players and the community.

Huzzah!

• Like 1

Mozkelby    379

Alright, gentlemen.

I have spoken with JP, who said that he'll be working on restarts every 4 or so hours. However he is loaded with quite a few projects at the moment so it might be a while before this is implemented.

• Like 1

Jüstice™.    46

You need to FIX this i died 6 time tonight trying to deploy my chute form a height of 300 - 400 mtrs and i still died, this is only 3 hrs into server uptime its bad enough that have to deal with lag but when you cant even spawn then its a problem.

Ive logged off and so did others before due the poor game play.

I think you could help the server by reducing the amount of rubbish you have spawn e.g hatch back, police boats remove bloody gocarts and other rubbish like that.

• Like 2

Leopard    7

Im sure this will be implemented soon, as much as I would love to see if effective immediatley, I think the staff team a very busy with the current altis life issues etc. Etc. 

Samayueren    11112

Four hours would be the maximum you could go without really disrupting wasteland play too much. (refer to the mines topic)
    Scheduled restarts are important in the function however we also need to consider why the servers are getting laggy.
    If we can find what the issues are that cause the lag we can hopefully address them. Be it database lag or server lag due to a particular object not agreeing with the server.

If you find something in particular is causing lag do not hesitate to bring it up to the staff.

Ya Mum    187

There isn't a schedule of updates as such but i know there is a visual update coming out pretty soon from Bohemia and it looks brilliant.

Regarding the lag, to be honest i don't get any whatsoever and i play on a laptop. (Macbook pro with an external monitor, mouse and keyboard). I get a solid 50 fps. towards restart times with lots of people on the server i get around 20-30.

One thing which does slow the server down is the objects and vehicles. Some of these bases that people build are huge and they slow the server down.

Leopard    7

4 hrs would be the minimum not only to not disrupt but to keep restarts at the same time everyday soemthing I think is important. 

Bodys could maybe despawn quicker, or maybe the suitcases and food could despawn quicker then the actual body.

I think this might help when there are up to 1000 deaths per restart on a weekend. ( I know bodys respawn)

How about all you blokes stop building these crappy massive bases that I just snipe you out of anyway!

With love!

Mr. Snow Leopard

// See ya on the end of me .408//

• Like 1

Unit_3397    712
    6 hours ago, Samayueren said:

Four hours would be the maximum you could go without really disrupting wasteland play too much. (refer to the mines topic)
    Scheduled restarts are important in the function however we also need to consider why the servers are getting laggy.
    If we can find what the issues are that cause the lag we can hopefully address them. Be it database lag or server lag due to a particular object not agreeing with the server.

If you find something in particular is causing lag do not hesitate to bring it up to the staff.

@Jüstice™. @Blue Eagle [+1 CREW]

Got some ideas on this? Im just taking a guess in the dark and saying overload of objects loaded into the game (eg. cars/ base building).

Regards.

Unit_3397

Unit_3397    712
    4 hours ago, Mitchell A. Westermann said:

4 hrs would be the minimum not only to not disrupt but to keep restarts at the same time everyday soemthing I think is important. 

Bodys could maybe despawn quicker, or maybe the suitcases and food could despawn quicker then the actual body.

I think this might help when there are up to 1000 deaths per restart on a weekend. ( I know bodys respawn)

How about all you blokes stop building these crappy massive bases that I just snipe you out of anyway!

With love!

Mr. Snow Leopard

// See ya on the end of me .408//

Don't quote me on this, but I believe somewhere down the track they are implementing a script to allow Players to 'hide' bodies after a player dies. Whether the body actually is just hidden under the terrain or gets deleted for good could be something to think about. Again, I cannot either confirm or deny this.

As for the suitcases, what can i say but 'id love to see em changed' running into them with vehicles/ jets has proven quite problem-some; and from my perspective it makes finding remains of loot too easy. On that note, why does a players death drop two? just a tad curious about that; and you can only pick one up? 

Regards.

Unit_3397.

Edited by Unit_3397

Leopard    7

I hope it is just under the terrain or hidden. The power to delete a players gear straight up is OP asf. 

Unit_3397    712

Cannot disagree with you there, plus it makes the chances of getting your gear back near impossible. But if it is something that can lead to even minor server stability, perhaps after clicking on hide body starts a timer that would delete the body after a period of time.

Then again, if such a script was possible and implemented, it could have the reverse affects. in any regard, any changes that are made to increase the stability of the server should hopefully have minimal impact of the level of funkiness of gameplay already possible. Cross between Fun, Stability and smoothness.

Regards.

Unit_3397.

Ya Mum    187

Yeah good point, with that said snowie, how often do you think a base wipe be done. Once a week? Every midnight start?

Leopard    7

I think midnight is too short but a week is too long. Every wednesday mid-day. I think there wint be real many people on of a wednesday mid day that will bd in the process of building a base, if you do it on a busy day when the pop is high people might have only just built a base if you get my point.

John Paul    213
    59 minutes ago, Mitchell A. Westermann said:

I think midnight is too short but a week is too long. Every wednesday mid-day. I think there wint be real many people on of a wednesday mid day that will bd in the process of building a base, if you do it on a busy day when the pop is high people might have only just built a base if you get my point.

Comes down to when someone is online that has access and can wipe it. But I do have a admin panel system coming soon that may solve this issue and can automatically delete objects.

• Like 2

Links    336
    7 hours ago, Snowwiiee said:

The server needs more frequent Base-Wipes, not just restarts
    The server will just continue to lag if it has to load in all the objects and bases people are building and placing. 

it just needs players not to go to a general store and spam buy 50 H Barrier 4 walls. which i have seen far to much

• Like 5

Samayueren    11112

bodies automatically delete after a certain period of time (can not confirm numerical data on this)

there could be a change to the spawn cycle in which loot that is  x distance from a player will despawn until a player re enters the area.