Qeus

Development Blog & Reveals

Kalthramis    58

Depends on how good it ends up being. If it ends up being about as good, might as well disable quacktac, or make it an optional mod, to save on server scripts

• Like 1

• Qeus    198

Hi soldiers, release date of Apex Expansion to public build is 11 July 2016.

We will of course be deploying a quick reaction force to deliver all the new assets to the public server, at the same time :)

Until then, feel free to propose ideas in the lead-up, for what you'd like to see and how the mission should adapt.

• Like 2

Kalthramis    58

Vehicle loading doesn't seem to be in the showoff build, or I can't figure it out. But there's a lot of neat toys we're going to get to play with. New vehicle skins, weapons, mechanics. I'm hoping there'll be an I&A Tanoa server at some point.

Two big things that I, personally, feel need to come to the server, is keeping backpacks while skydiving and vehicle selecting. With the C-130 esc plane coming in 3 variants, one carrying 32 troops, airfields will become more useful, as will skydiving. Currently, nobody does this on I&A, because why dive when you'll lose your pack with your toolbox, explosives, medkit, etc?

With the new planes being different variants, and there being a really neat UAV Attack Chopper, I also feel we're in dire need of vehicle selecting. There's a bunch of new air toys coming that we'll need to cycle through (c-130 infantry, or c-130 vehicle?) and pilots will have to be able to pick something specific for the scenario. (Flipping the huron over and over, hoping to get the right spawn, is messy). It's also been a frequently requested feature in TS, and once we get more server skins, it'll be even more useful. Say I paid $100 to support the server, and I get my own custom skin, but I want a Hellcat skin, which rarely ever spawns. Problematic, right?

Another thing to look at is possibly replacing all AAF units with the new Bandit units. Lot of people like the AAF gear, and if a pilot has an AAF skin on, might cut down on friendly fire.

And the CSAT special operatives with anti-thermals are, of course, a given. One or two of those squads walking around an AO would be sweet.

There's a lot of stuff to consider. Honestly probably needs its own thread.

Edited by Kalthramis
    • Like 2

Zombine45    177

Love everything Kal sais, especially vehicle selecting.

A few things I'll throw out: More specific selections for the ground vehicles at base; specific sections for light and heavy armour. A fleet of those new buggies at the airfield.

The hype train, it has no brakes.

• Like 3

Qeus    198

Hi guys,

There will be some activity tonight, with the Apex update 1.62 releasing in the next 6-10 hours, and a mission update to add some of the new vehicles to the Altis airbase. As a result, server may go down a couple times in the 12AM-6AM session.

Qeus    198

Apex is live.

Terrain is Altis but all new assets have been integrated

Please report bugs in the bugs forum

• Like 4

Qeus    198

Server updated!

- Can now Load (interaction) into VTOLs

- Apex UH-80 ghosthawks integrated into mission scripts (turret safety, etc)

- Xi'an VTOL ATGM removed

- Zeus AI suppressive fire

- Leaderboard 7-day cycle restored

- Zeus intel items fixed

- Secure Radar side mission fixed

- Towing fixed (vehicle would sometimes disappear when changing locality at start of tow)

- few other things

• Like 2

WestOz    40
    On 31/08/2016 at 5:26 AM, Qeus said:

Server now allows use of this mod

Unable to find any noob info (pref youtube) of what this does, how it would benefit etc, all the description says is "Repack primary weapon and handgun magazines with simple UI", no idea what that actually means?

On 31/08/2016 at 5:26 AM, Qeus said:

Download via A3 Launcher mod sync.

Guessing that's referring to "ArmaA3Sync"? Not had allot of experience with it, is it considered a better option than the standard A3 launcher?

Fitz    1239
    1 minute ago, WestOz said:

Unable to find any noob info (pref youtube) of what this does, how it would benefit etc, all the description says is "Repack primary weapon and handgun magazines with simple UI", no idea what that actually means?

Guessing that's referring to "ArmaA3Sync"? Not had allot of experience with it, is it considered a better option than the standard A3 launcher?

If you reload your magazine and it's not completely empty, the magazine will take up space in your backpack/vest and will only allow you to use the few remaining rounds before having to reload again. If you keep doing this and end up with multiple magazines with only a few rounds in them, you can use the Mag Repack to consolidate all the remaining rounds into 1 full mag.

It basically does what's in this video, but Quik's one is faster https://youtu.be/m1HCOeu_vCE?t=1m7s

He was referring to the normal Arma 3 Launcher. When you use the Launcher's server browser to connect to I&A it should show you all the mods you can use. From here you can choose to download the Mag Repack from Steam.

• Like 2