Marquez

Lockable Backpacks?

Marquez    6

Any chance we could implement lockable backpacks/vests?

Example : We've taken over enemy HQ and now have to defend it. 

Playing a medic role, casualty count starts to increase.

While reviving fellow soldiers, cop a bullet & 'request a medic' option.

Medkit is stolen by another player while i'm down, and when revived have no medkit to carry on reviving bleeding shot up players.

Edited by Marquez
  • Like 3

• Yuri    441

I'd recommend that they implement the way the altis life server does this. you cant look into peoples backpacks ever or loot dead bodies (without breaking rules)

• Like 1

Nova    1779
    46 minutes ago, Pope Yuri said:

I'd recommend that they implement the way the altis life server does this. you cant look into peoples backpacks ever or loot dead bodies (without breaking rules)

not being able to loot dead bodies would be bad. if you ran out of ammo you can go pick up a gun and grab the ammo. i know i had to during a defend mission

59 minutes ago, Marquez said:

i agree with this. would be nice

• Like 2

Yuri    441
    7 minutes ago, InfamousNova said:

not being able to loot dead bodies would be bad. if you ran out of ammo you can go pick up a gun and grab the ammo. i know i had to during a defend mission

you could have it so that you could still 'rearm' at dead bodies but not loot the entire backpack. it would let you take some items like ammo, grenades and first aid kits (the kind that heal, not revive)

8 minutes ago, InfamousNova said:
    1 hour ago, Marquez said:

i agree with this. would be nice

You just said that you want to be able to take ammo out of a bag, you can't do that if it is locked.

Nova    1779
    2 minutes ago, Pope Yuri said:

you could have it so that you could still 'rearm' at dead bodies but not loot the entire backpack. it would let you take some items like ammo, grenades and first aid kits (the kind that heal, not revive)

You just said that you want to be able to take ammo out of a bag, you can't do that if it is locked.

i mean like while you're alive you can choose to lock it and while you are down waiting for a medic. but once you respawn you can loot the body

• Like 3

Yuri    441

ahh, that makes sense. yeah i think that is a great idea. I have only played I&A a couple of times but when i die and get revived with no gear left (due to players looting me) it is annoying.

• Like 1

Eazy    16

doesn't sound like a bad idea to me. tho in my perfect world thered b an option to unlock it whilst waiting for medic, like another button on the menu, just incase u wanted to give access for watev reason. Its nice on those rare occasions if u got a FAK in ur bag incase a medics run out. Or perhaps scrounging an RPG rocket from a wounded mate to secure an area a b4 medic arrives. Tho those r my only example can think of ;p if had to choose tho wud prefer the lockable gear overall, some ppl got no respect for a mans gear*single tear from my eye*

• Like 2

Qeus    198

thy will be done :)

will start on it after next mission update, shouldnt take too long

in the meantime, discuss how it should work and when a locked backpack should be opened for use

• Like 3

Nova    1779

add it to the home menu and the dead menu. so you can lock your backpack and unlock it as you please. but unlock it when you respawn. so people can access your body. only way i can think of it working

• Like 2

Marquez    6

I agree with InfamousNova about having a lock/unlock feature via the Home Menu & Bleeding Out Menu.

Unlocked after you've respawned and left your former body for clean up.

Maybe making a Medkit unremovable from a Medic backpack regardless of locked/unlocked status, same way only a sniper can use sniper rifles, auto riflemen only using auto's etc. I haven't tried playing another role and using a Medkit to 'revive' a player, unsure if that even works?

I've witnessed a few times in regards to the original post's example, a revived Medic minus his 'borrowed' Medkit happily (hectically) shooting away to defend the HQ, while others are bleeding out around him/her and offering some very hostile comments about 'not playing your role as a medic'.

So that got me thinking about locks and stuff, and unlocking to give people access when needed.

My example is just from a Medic's role and I'm sure it would be welcomed playing other roles. 

So, it's not a MAJOR issue, just would be a cool feature. Thanks for moving on this Quik, I know your always flat out man, and cheers to others for the feedback!

• Like 2

Nova    1779

i dunno if this will be possible but maybe if a medic doesnt have a medkit, dont have him show up as being nearby so people dont get angry

• Like 1

Qeus    198

First implementation of the backpack locks is on the server, we still have to add the button to the revive menu though.

The main button is in the inventory menu, right beside the backpack icon.

Edited by Qeus
    • Like 3