Unit_3397

Time for a new type of marker?

Unit_3397    712

Hi Wasteland Peeps

@WogerTheWabbit Finally posting your suggestion :D im writing this from my perception of your idea. Correct me if i get anything wrong.

So, the idea sparks the interest to add a new type of marker that could be utilized as a group feature. Obviously there's already plenty of features for navigation in the game,  but this marker will stay on the map until it gets deleted by you or a member of your group and makes for a increased tactical advantage over your enemy if utilized right.

Examples
Re-stocking/repairing vehicles (I need to rearm!)
Before: asks group if resupply truck is about, looks at map,  places way-point on rough position, trys to look for it. 
After:  Scans and follows ammo truck beacon/ text 

Marking strategic places (he's on the south hill, marked him)
Before: what/ where is south hill? looks at map, places marker on it, looks at direction
After:  scans south hill marker 

Marking Enemies (theres 2 of em up there! ive marked tango's last!) 
Before: looks at map, places waypoint on it. 
After:  Scans and follows Last marker

Instead of having to constantly look at the map for markers and only being able to place 1 waypoint, why not be able to put multiple down that stay visible on your interface to aid you rearming your heli, to help coordinate assaults, to find loot from dead people, to give you that extra tactical advantage etc...

marker.png  

Time consuming and less efficient way ^  compared to proposed idea.

PLEASE NOTE:

1. This Post is merely a proposed suggestion
  2. Should STAFF find this information useful in developing the game, changes and implementation of such ideas may not happen till later in the future.
  3. Respect that some ideas (no matter how awesome they may sound) cannot/ will not be scripted into/ out of the game.

Regards.

Unit_3397.
Wasteland Mod.

• Unit_3397    712

Now ive finished defending the idea xD

From my prospective, I bloody love this suggestion! Especially for wasteland as its not all about the roleplay, but more based on killing and fun; and Id like to think ive made some pretty compelling examples there…

So If it isn’t too much of a headache for our developers, and this was a feature that could be scripted into the game, im all for it >:D, but I honestly don’t know if this is something we can implement on our end. I’ve been searching for similar scripts in the past and found nothing :(

And going on from that, there is already the ingame built navigation and marker system in place, and I find its already pretty effective. Yeah it leaves some of us exposed whilst tring to find things by looking on the map and searching the area for a rearm truck, but where’s your sense of adventure and challenge? ;P

Those that don’t know, when in particular vehicles, or if you purchased/found a gps, press right ctrl + M to see the mini gps map.

Also don’t forget you can reload your mags by pressing right ctrl + R :D 

Regards.

Unit_3397.
    Wasteland Mod.