Qeus

[Feedback] FOBs

Qeus    198

Hi guys,

We've implemented the first build of the FOBs system to the server. The FOBs system is still in active development and far from being final, and is intended as a platform for further mission design.

Provide feedback for them here.

Bugs, issues, ideas, changes to how it all works, suggestions, comments, etc.

• Like 2

• Zombine45    177

Would you be able to provide a complete rundown of how the system works? I'm still a bit confused on the finer mechanics.

• Like 1

Qeus    198

There is documentation in the in-game map diary tabs (map >> left side >> FOBs), but we'll improve that documentation today, as it can be more clear. If you know of a way to inform players that there is documentation there, I'm all ears. :)

Edited by Qeus
    • Like 1

Kalthramis    58

Relating the cargo system, could the arsenal truck/crates be defaulty filled with a bunch of NATO equipment? That way, if we're feeling lazy, we can just take that to the HQ and it'll be worth more than the cargo net, but if we want to add anything specific, we still can but still bring gear to benefit others.

• Like 1

Marcus    38

I have noticed that if you tow the huron fuel container out to anywhere and release it, it immediately respawns. There was also a bug the other day where both the ammo truck and the huron ammo container were not registering at the FOB. The hemmt box truck also registered as a vehicle respawn and not a vehicle repair (i dont know if this is intentional) This happened at fob trenchfoot i think. I think that an enemy squad should spawn at the fob every 10-15 minutes or something, instead of the 2 enemies that spawn. Also i do not think that the respawn at fob option should deactivate if you chose to spawn at base. Also at one of the fobs, the laptop was not on the table.

Edited by Marcus
    • Like 1

Zombine45    177
    14 hours ago, Imperator[TFD] said:

Do the FOB's come with ice cream?

He has a point quik, DO THEY?!
    Also, i've found some FOBs are very far from the AO they are assigned to.

Kalthramis    58
    19 hours ago, Zombine45 said:

He has a point quik, DO THEY?!
    Also, i've found some FOBs are very far from the AO they are assigned to.

This, yeah. If it's possible, it may be better to have more FOBs that change locations more often, but are easier to set up, than the current versions, which are generally untouched. Expanding the rule set for the hummingbird to "Fly to FOB or to side mission" could help a little with activity, as well as adding arsenal to the FOBs and more respawns (or even infinite respawns) when taking a medical truck/lift there. Though I'm not a fan of "ez pz" content, I&A is ez pz, and it would get people into the action quicker.

Tungsten    69

I noticed that the FOBs have mortar pits, but one of them, the one north of Kavala blocks shots at lower elevations when shot to the east which is hazardous to a mortar team that sets up there

Also the main issue with supplying FOBs is the medical pod, the pod only adds 4 tickets (1 per seat i think) but driving the Medical HEMMT can be just as tedious, might not be as bad with the new VTOLs if the HMMTs can be lifted

Dak Commstar    139

It is quite unclear how to activate vehicle respawns. I have asked a lot of pilots and most don't seem to know how to either (I think it might be the hemtt box truck as it really has no other purpose). Also often the FOB is nowhere near the objective and most of the time is not used because of that or ticket supply takes a while (However players tend not to respawn so often unless it is a defense mission anyway). Due to how long it takes to set one up fully, it seems to be less useful than it could be (AO is usually 1/2 to 3/4 complete). But I'm not sure how to fix that without making it too easy either.

The only bug I have noticed is that players get marked as purple on the map instead of blue when they spawn at an FOB.

Dak Commstar    139

It is quite unclear how to activate vehicle respawns. I have asked a lot of pilots and most don't seem to know how to either (I think it might be the hemtt box truck as it really has no other purpose). Also often the FOB is nowhere near the objective and most of the time is not used because of that or ticket supply takes a while (However players tend not to respawn so often unless it is a defense mission anyway). Due to how long it takes to set one up fully, it seems to be less useful than it could be (AO is usually 1/2 to 3/4 complete). But I'm not sure how to fix that without making it too easy either.

The only bug I have noticed is that players get marked as purple on the map instead of blue when they spawn at an FOB.