AetherWorlds

CSAT slots

AetherWorlds    40

Hi guys,

i floated this idea with j17 and he said to put it on the forums.

Recently i was on an asi (i think) invade and annex server and there were CSAT slots though it said admin only. Like how pilots are i think creating 5 or so CSAT slots would be a great idea, there should be a small CSAT base and the class should be able to access all weapons. From here they can gear up and maybe teleport or travel to the ao or even the airfield to attack soldiers and helicopters. They will also pose a fun challenge to the players as they can inflict more damage than the ai and also the option of them dressing as nato and infiltrating the ranks could be fun.

• Like 6

• Bee    93

Yeah i totally agree, we somewhat had this implemented as an Admin only thing for a bit but it never got used. I'd lose to see this actually put in for casual members - Bee

AetherWorlds    40

Yeah i totally agree, we somewhat had this implemented as an Admin only thing for a bit but it never got used. I'd lose to see this actually put in for casual members - Bee

CSAT sniper teams picking people off as they approach or CSAT jets controlling the skies. Imagine the possibilities

SecroNiTE    11

I've played in an I&A server as CSAT before and I have to say things got 10x more intense for BluFor. If this goes ahead I'd recommend the following:

• A white-list for CSAT players, not necessarily admin only but definitely admin approval first.
    • No more than CSAT 5 slots (as Aether suggested). No-one should be able to play CSAT until there are at least 20 BluFor players
    • No teleportation (that's a bit too OP), give them some transport helis/ground vehicles instead or maybe teleport them to an area that's 1-2Km out of the AO. Otherwise you'll have a constant stream of CSAT teleporting into the AO, they will keep throwing themselves at NATO forces as it will only take them a couple of seconds to respawn, gear up and teleport straight back to the AO if they die.
    • No jets or attack helis for CSAT as it's way too hard to take down player controlled attack aircraft in I&A. A player controlled Neophron is far superior to a Wipeout when it comes to dogfights and the buzzard won't stand a chance) 
    • Give them access to the same weapons in the arsenal that BluFor has access to. If some weapons are restricted for BluFor they should also be restricted for CSAT
    • Make sure that the CSAT base is not allowed to be camped as it takes NATO forces away from the main objective and turns I&A into a poorly functioning TDM server. CSAT also cannot spawn camp BluFor, they can only defend the current AO or side mission.

That is an amalgamation of the rules from the I&A server I played on as well as suggestions which will improve upon those rules. 

• Like 1

AetherWorlds    40

I've played in an I&A server as CSAT before and I have to say things got 10x more intense for BluFor. If this goes ahead I'd recommend the following:

• A white-list for CSAT players, not necessarily admin only but definitely admin approval first.
    • No more than CSAT 5 slots (as Aether suggested). No-one should be able to play CSAT until there are at least 20 BluFor players
    • No teleportation (that's a bit too OP), give them some transport helis/ground vehicles instead or maybe teleport them to an area that's 1-2Km out of the AO. Otherwise you'll have a constant stream of CSAT teleporting into the AO, they will keep throwing themselves at NATO forces as it will only take them a couple of seconds to respawn, gear up and teleport straight back to the AO if they die.
    • No jets or attack helis for CSAT as it's way too hard to take down player controlled attack aircraft in I&A. A player controlled Neophron is far superior to a Wipeout when it comes to dogfights and the buzzard won't stand a chance) 
    • Give them access to the same weapons in the arsenal that BluFor has access to. If some weapons are restricted for BluFor they should also be restricted for CSAT
    • Make sure that the CSAT base is not allowed to be camped as it takes NATO forces away from the main objective and turns I&A into a poorly functioning TDM server. CSAT also cannot spawn camp BluFor, they can only defend the current AO or side mission.

That is an amalgamation of the rules from the I&A server I played on as well as suggestions which will improve upon those rules. 

Yeah but i think there should be atleast one jet that spawns when the wipeout does, i have seen nato jets completely dominate the ao sometimes and they go unchallenged.

Maybe making classes is a good idea but they are have so little people. 

Not so sure about admin approval though but it might work. 

yeah teleport is a bit op but if you don't give em helis or jets how do they get the ao in time?

SecroNiTE    11

yeah teleport is a bit op but if you don't give em helis or jets how do they get the ao in time?

They should either have transport helicopters or the ability to teleport. When CSAT forces teleport they shouldn't be able to teleport directly into the AO as they could suddenly appear behind a group of BluFor and get the drop on them before they have a chance to react. In the server I played in CSAT had to fly into the AO in helicopters and setup defensive positions around the objective but once BluFor eliminated them they had little to no change to regain the ground they lost. The player CSAT slots exist to simply provide a unpredictable and deadly boost to the AI, they aren't meant to be balanced like Battlefield or CSGO teams.

Yeah but i think there should be atleast one jet that spawns when the wipeout does, i have seen nato jets completely dominate the ao sometimes and they go unchallenged.

Were the NATO jets dominating against player controlled CSAT jets? Because the AI jets are easy to take out once you have a jet in the air, whereas in PvP dogfights the Neophron's superior turning circle and maneuverability give it an advantage over the Wipeout/Buzzard. The role of any CAS jet should be to assist the ground forces, if a jet is dominating and leaving nothing for the troops on the ground to deal with then it's the pilot's fault for being too greedy. It's worth a trial but I can see things getting out of hand really fast.

Edited by SecroNiTE

dasweetdude    327

We were talking today about a very similar idea basically exactly the same thing and also possibaly doing a zues white slot of course there will be some rule guide lines for the zues functionality and also the CSAT like maybe confining the CSAT to the area that is marked as a the area of the HQ or maybe or maybe the entire hotzone good to here some good ideas been bought up we'll see what we can put in for ya fellas.

• Like 1

SpiderDeX    36

Maybe make it so the CSAT can teleport to the area of the HQ while the AI hold it. And once they lose the HQ they must drive/fly there? That should give CSAT the objective to hold the HQ to ensure they can quickly return to the AO. Just something I thought of whilst reading the posts here.

• Like 1

SecroNiTE    11

Maybe make it so the CSAT can teleport to the area of the HQ while the AI hold it. And once they lose the HQ they must drive/fly there? That should give CSAT the objective to hold the HQ to ensure they can quickly return to the AO. Just something I thought of whilst reading the posts here.

That's genius! Of course it would only take a single well placed mortar round to clear the HQ out, but if it promotes teamwork and coordination between artillery gunners and troops on the ground then that's mission accomplished in my eyes. 

dasweetdude    327

We were actually talking yesterday about a few ideas very similar to what you had suggested and l think we are gunna trial somethings very similar and see how they go thanks for your suggestion man all suggestions are always taken into account in the design and future direction of our servers by the people who play them.

Nova    1779

maybe make the csat base on the debug island or something at the top left hand corner of the map

• Like 1

Bee    93

On Arma 2 you used to be able to take control of the enemy AI

On 9/20/2015 at 11:52 PM, SecroNiTE said:

A player controlled Neophron is far superior to a Wipeout when it comes to dogfights and the buzzard won't stand a chance) 

I agree with everything you have said except this, unless the pilot of the NEO is extremely skilled with it the wipeout is far superior in comparison to the NEO EG a NEO won't win a fight unless they win whilst the wipeout is flying straight. If you are turning in a neo to evade a wipeout you will lose every time

• Like 1

Kalthramis    58

Careful, as some of these suggestions would take a bit to implement. The HQ spawning is both a snazzy idea, and easy to implement. Preventing players from spawn camping will be harder, but if it's stuck in a far off corner (ex, the little almost-island in the top left), with a rule against it, it will be pretty rare, and kickable besides. 

Restricting some gear, ex mortars, and no attack vehicles, and you're ready to roll.

what about they spawn at hq? there should be an arsenal and when the hq gets overrun their spawn point gets moved like 1.5km from ao and they have to retake the hq 

the should also get 1 aa jet at the start of the ao as then it allows them to challenge the wipeout, plus blufor has the aa jet, two against one? should be enough to take out the csat jet, but it gives the csat a slight chances on being able to hold against the blufor

Guv    1

Awesome ideas. Being new to Arma and I&A I love the defend task after taking an HQ. It would be great to see more battles, reinforcements and counter-attacks.

Nova    1779
    32 minutes ago, Guv said:

Awesome ideas. Being new to Arma and I&A I love the defend task after taking an HQ. It would be great to see more battles, reinforcements and counter-attacks.

we sometimes do FOB defense missions or convoy protection missions

Cpl Aidoss    8

Would we see a test of this idea and if, so when would the test be.

Also i reckon the I&A veterans should be able to be CSAT due to the fact that they have put so much time and effort to get to where they are now in the server, and it would be a nice reward for them.

Nova    1779
    15 minutes ago, Cpl Aidoss said:

Would we see a test of this idea and if, so when would the test be.

Also i reckon the I&A veterans should be able to be CSAT due to the fact that they have put so much time and effort to get to where they are now in the server, and it would be a nice reward for them.

That would be a no. People already complain when killed by a Zeus. Plus this is also a coop server so it wouldn't make much sense

• Like 1

Brodie0296    78
    6 hours ago, InfamousNova said:

That would be a no. People already complain when killed by a Zeus. Plus this is also a coop server so it wouldn't make much sense

It's like some people dont understand the meaning of get gud noob, makes the game more interesting when i know the zeus is controlling AI 

On 10/05/2017 at 6:47 PM, Brodie0296 said:

It's like some people dont understand the meaning of get gud noob, makes the game more interesting when i know the zeus is controlling AI 

I Agree, I remember last time i played I&A With a Zeus on he spawned like 12 AA Buzzards before i ran out of Flares in my Neo

• Like 1