Dak Commstar    139

Hi all. I wanted to post up some terrain ideas for the wasteland map. This idea is about having an event area for the server. Out in a corner of the map, this floating platform would be a competition area, reachable by boat, amphibious vehicle or helicopter. With one to three different arenas an admin could host close quarters competitions or players could host games themselves on the platform. The area would act as a kind of neutral zone ('we won't kill you if we win' XD); players not in the arenas can observe from a tower down on to the competitors and make bets ect (player interaction).

Competition platform 0.01 1.jpg

Competition platform 0.01 2.jpg

Competition platform 0.01 3.jpg

Competition platform 0.01 4.jpg

Competition platform 0.01 5.jpg

Competition platform 0.01 6.jpg

Competition platform 0.01 7.jpg

Competition platform 0.01 8.jpg

Edited by Dak Commstar
  • Like 4

• Vertigo    4

I really really like this idea and the layout of it however I think there will be a lot of trolls coming in bombing it etc. Ruining it. I would like to see how this turns out. In my opinion I reckon we give it a try but like I said it could go down hill. 1 a-10 and 1 GBU all the fun is over. Anyways great suggestion

@Mozkelby @Links @Unit_3397

Unit_3397    712

So this is what you've been working on ;P I LOVE IT! 10/10 for the effort and time put into this. Love to see events take place in our wasteland server.

Should an idea like this be approved and put in wastelands development road map, new rules will be put in-place to prevent/ manage trolls.  Strict penalties will apply for those that would fail to heed the event rules. Bans (length of)/ Kicks would be administered at Staff's discretion. 

Dak Commstar    139
    3 hours ago, Unit_3397 said:

So this is what you've been working on ;P I LOVE IT! 10/10 for the effort and time put into this. Love to see events take place in our wasteland server.

Should an idea like this be approved and put in wastelands development road map, new rules will be put in-place to prevent/ manage trolls.  Strict penalties will apply for those that would fail to heed the event rules. Bans (length of)/ Kicks would be administered at Staff's discretion. 

I've actually done the entire map XD. Recreated all the regular towns and areas. Every yellow mark on the map. I went along the entire coast and added some caves and hidden areas. Improved Rogain a tonne so theres less reason to stay there. Yes, much LESS reason to camp rogain. All the fucking time! Really I haven't done anything to rogain but the surrounding area got improved so Defending rogain will be more interesting. I really should have just filled it full of canal walls and made it impassable.

The competition platform is just an idea I had that might be more easily added to the server. Still in the works, and a bit barren at the moment. I'll add some more pics of some new areas I've come up with soon. For the trolls attacking the platform part, yeah that'll just have to be dealt with on a 'when it happens' basis. But people should be less likely to attack it if admin is hosting something there. Anyway thanks for the feedback :).

20160908213618_1.jpg

• Like 1