Gotenks

Get rid of Hemtt Medicals

Gotenks    497

So another incident with a Hemtt medical happened about 5-10 mins ago at sydney hospital. 
Guy drove it into about 5 vehicles at hospital proceeding to blow up 2 ems vehicles. 

HEMTT MEDICAL TRUCKS NEED TO BE TAKEN OUT!
http://plays.tv/video/57fb590dd5c88a3e6d/vdm-aswell-jigga
@LuckyB33f @envy 

• Like 5

• Envy    649
    Just now, Gotenks said:

So another incident with a Hemtt medical happened about 5-10 mins ago at sydney hospital. 
    Guy drove it into about 5 vehicles at hospital proceeding to blow up 2 ems vehicles. 

HEMTT MEDICAL TRUCKS NEED TO BE TAKEN OUT!
    http://plays.tv/video/57fb590dd5c88a3e6d/vdm-aswell-jigga
    @LuckyB33f @envy 

With the permission of the higher ups and lead Altis Life admins as well as the communities approval I will see to this issue. Let me get more confirmation first.

MadHackz    68

I agree, Hemtt medicals make it way to easy for trolls to cause trouble.  

But i think the Hemtt should be replaced with another smaller vehicle rather than removing truck missions overall as truck missions are still a very good way for new players to make some decent money.

Leopard    7

They need to go.

The risks far. Far! Out weigh the rewards....

Perhaps change it to a Jeep or Offroad.

You could not even bother and it would make no difference.

I haven't seen anyone actually use them for what they are meant for.

Only ever used for a free ride.

Yuri    441

Sydney is the troll capital so while changing the vehicle to a different vehicle may reduce the risk the truck missions need to be removed from Sydney all together (they can still be in other cities just not Troll capital)

• Like 2

Gotenks    497

Yuri and myself had just dealt with the guy again who decided to blow me up in my EMS strider and kill me. So yes they need to go urgently! So sick of them! The hospital is like the first place they go. We had 3 at market after restart predominately from the one guy I think. 

• Like 1

Zac    116

Or atleast change them to a smaller truck EG 

Truck Boxer 

But yes the Hemmit Medicals are not very useful most people just use them for the bank bridge or Trolling.

• Like 1

Fish    174

It is as simple as implementing a limit/cooldown on when you can do a centre link mission.

• Like 2

CeeFar    585

Or do what they do on tanoa - drop points with your OWN vehicle. 

Leopard    7

@Fish

I was thinking of a cool down.

But from what I have seen, trolls often roll in groups, 2, 3 maybe 4 or even more.

Sure you can add a cool down. But if there is multiple people trolling there are still trucks with a lot of ramming capabilities rolling around.

@nclem

Good thinking.

Using your own vehicle I think would work fine.

Sure, trolls can still get trucks.

But not for free.

Not like you can stop people from owning vehicles full stop.

Good stuff Clemmy.

• Like 1

CeeFar    585
    4 minutes ago, Leopard said:

Good stuff Clemmy.

Thanks leppy.

In all seriousness though, it can't be that hard to do.

martin    173

My opinion on the matter

Medical Hemitts Missions don't need to be removed but instead replace with a system that persuades trolls not to use them, but instead help with the detection of trolls that are using the mission to cause grief on the server.

If this mission AKA - Centrelink's Legal truck mission is removed we are only removing another role / activity for Civ players to do. ATM the only LEGAL roles a Civ can do is COPPER, IRON, DIAMOND, OIL, SAND and a few others and even still these are high risk jobs as many rebels occupied this areas for their own gain.  

To use the system that police operate with when detecting a illegal truck mission. So create the same system but for legal truck mission. When it comes to trolls and the missions the biggest problem we have is finding who it is, the simple method of checking to give money trick doesn't always work when there are a number of people around.

And / Or

What a few people have already said is that a cool-down timer might also assist with the identity system can slow down the trolls using the system. 

so what i propose is too add a system that identifies the users of the vehicle. When the Mods/Admins have names and can have evidence to support it,with this system it extremely difficult for a troll to evade staff and to trolling other players.  

But gentleman please note that this will take a-lot of effect from the dev team (@envy) "If" this done.

• Like 3

Nevetos    511

While punishing the trolls is a good thing, this does not remove the issue at hand. Punishing those trolls afterward will not take away the damages seen by us. Yes, we might get comp, but as medics this is very hard. Plus, I'm sure that many civs at the market do not expect this to happen and forget to take evidence.

But, as medics we get even more problems regarding comp... If you say we make enough money - just don't. Money and time lost will always be lost.

1. Our vehicles & its required content will always be below $50 000, unless it is a HEMTT or Stryder, or possibly hatchback.

2. The time invested to place the required gear into the vehicle can not be comped.

> And consequently, the time delay for us to respond to new emergencies afterward is also an issue to those that will need us.

Now, adding a timer may be a good thing to slow down the trolls, but that just gives us the time to restock our cars, and after that get hit again. But there already exists a sort of timer - while the centrelink truck is out the civ can not take out a new one. Relogging over comes this, but would probably override the cooldown as well, unless a lot more effort and resources is put into this feature. Seems all quite pointless in my opinion. Just, giving medics a gun to just shoot them would help more, even if we had to go to helpdesk for rdm... (Slight joke, but has a lot of truth to it)

But why does it need to be a HEMTT? That doesn't even fit in with a semi-city like RP, seems to fit in more with Tanoa and its semi-military setting.

Truck Boxers, like suggested above would suit it much more, but would also make it harder to troll as:
    1) The front wheels break very quickly, so ramming multiple vehicles wont occur.
    2) It's smaller and is harder to use as a blockade.
    3) It is much lighter and can't be used as a pushing machine as much as a HEMTT or Zamack

ZSpDGpF.jpg

• Like 3

sirgeneralj    378

Make the mission an item you carry. Possibly kicking you out of any vehicles other then trucks

Or introduce a cost for when you get them out and increase the reward. 

50k for the illegal one, 200k reward.

20k for the legal mission, 100k reward. 

After you do this add one of the following further countermeasures:

- make legal missions a lighter truck

- require minimum playtime

- require minimum bank balance (like playtime)

- require a liscense only given by mods, simple request in helpdesk, make it so it can be given ingame

• Like 2

In my option if this isn't too hard to put in a system that only alows two or one trucks to be pulled out at one time.

if it can you should only aloud to pull out our buy  3/4 cars at all with a lot of people buying and pulling out as many cars as they want and blocking up market with quad bikes for example.

also the idea that it sends mods a message how pulled them out would help and even a rule as a player can only pull once they had finished it and a certain amount of time has passed and mods can look and see hey this guy has pulled out the last 5 trucks lets tell him to have a break for a bit 

MadHackz    68

The problem with adding a Boxer Truck instead of a HEMTT is that people could just slingload the truck in a heli and take it to the drop point which would make it way to easy as people wouldn't have to drive there. For example if you have a truck mission in Tasmania you could just sling the truck there and get a easy 100-200k without even putting in any effort.

Lotza    522

I don't think the HEMTT needs to be removed in its entirety.

The HEMTT is often used (when purchased) to do runs, in some cases it is also used for RP.

The centre link truck missions may not need to be a HEMTT, a smaller truck should suffice, however I can understand a reasoning for using them. If the vehicle were to remain the vehicle received for the mission, perhaps move the spawn area for them to outside of the cities, maybe at a depot or have the truck missions collected at a depot. Also removing them from inside major cities and reducing trolls.

I hope this makes sense. Writing it on my phone and I'm half asleep :p

• Like 1

Larry    129

There is an easy fix to this issue that @sirgeneralj said. Just make the mission is y-menu item:

For legal missions have food supplies etc,

And for illegal missions have a bag of weed or something of that nature.

DJ_JoozBrorg    825

i think we should get rid of them. everyday when playing i see trolls and more trolls driving around crashing into my cars other peoples cars costing as money. and when as medic when we have these trolls come on there is nothing we can do other than watch them blow up our cars

i think its good there is things for civs to do but we dont need a medical truck destroying our cars

@Gotenks here is what i think

• Like 1

Gotenks    497
    Just now, LuckyB33f said:

Medical hemmits are the missions?

yes they are the centrelink missions. but look at the destruction they do. 
    Like most of us have already said and Envy, they need to be changed or removed or something. Just want your opinion and approval for it. 
    Everyone is sick and tired of the destruction they bring. Either changing the vehicle or something like other people have suggested.

CeeFar    585

@LuckyB33f

yes they are.

The other problem is that from a cop standpoint, we have NO IDEA if it's a legal one or an illegal one, as they are EXACTLY the same truck.

They're big, heavy, and explode easily + cost literally nothing to get.

Trolls use them to ram vehicles, blow them up, cause trouble and do no good.