Rogmantosh

I&A Update 13

• Rogmantosh    242

Ironside hot fix coming out this update. Prior planning and preparation wasn't enough to survive contact with the enemy.

<x> Quad-bikes added to Ironside Spawn if no vehicles available/ need transport back to tank
    <x> Base anti fire script reverted
    <x> Removed non-functioning script (Tank lock)

This is a learning process and I will be working to keep things flowing with minimal disruptions.

Your feedback is appreciated, Please post your feedback in a sub-forum of the below
    https://strayagaming.com.au/forums/forum/30-invade-annex/

Rog

Rogmantosh    242

Ironside balance update

<x> extra CSAT armoured divisions have been dropped into an AO near you. 

• Like 1

Eazy    16

idk if this is right place to ask but are there any plans to return vehicle service points to those gas stations along the altis highway? also wondering wat ppl think on introducing an FAQ (how get ammo/whats objective/where r the jets/can i fly etc) tab in the map menu for new players who may miss the welcome screens tips

Rogmantosh    242
    2 hours ago, Eazy said:

idk if this is right place to ask but are there any plans to return vehicle service points to those gas stations along the altis highway? also wondering wat ppl think on introducing an FAQ (how get ammo/whats objective/where r the jets/can i fly etc) tab in the map menu for new players who may miss the welcome screens tips

How can you miss it? you have to hit continue before you can play the game...

Eazy    16

1 hour ago, Rogmantosh said:

How can you miss it? you have to hit continue before you can play the game...

ikr, its like the first thing they see. maybe its a habit of 'agreeing without reading the TnC's' alot of ppl have that manifests somehow into ignoring welcome screens, im no Freud. THough it seems a couple ask almost everynight,im not sure if there is a way to refer back to welcome screen ingame but that'd be useful for them. Alternatively the maps FAQ tab cud rehash on some points and be added to. They cud also cite rules when needed encouraging ppl to open further tabs.

• Like 3

Fitz    1239

Update 13.1

Changes:

• Updated staff list, teamspeak address and supported mods list.
    • Vehicle textures can now be changed anywhere in base, not just service pads.
    • Slightly increased minimum time before Caches are destroyed in Secure Caches side mission.
    • MBTs removed from carpark until further notice.
    • Y-32 added to easter eggs list.
    • New textures added!

Vehicle textures:

• Woodland Ghost Hawk
    • Neophron
    • ADF Marshall

Uniform textures:

• Auscam/DPCU

Shoulder patches:

• Australian Flag
    • NZ Flag
    • NZDF Kiwi
    • SASR
    • SOTG
    • Red Cross

As always, feedback and suggestions are welcome.

More to come!

Edited by Fitz
    • Like 5

Byron    197

This sounds like a nice update, the small things  stands out most!! great work @Fitz

• Like 1

Farqman    86

Knowing nothing about the effort required to code things, I was wondering if there are any planned changes in the future for main AO missions?

i would love more missions in towns and urban areas. There is too many snipers/marksman currently so when attacking or defending bases they are always getting the kills. More close quarters stuff would be interesting. It is always funny watching people clear buildings at bases. They open the door, stand right in the doorway and wonder why the AI mowed them down haha. 

Also, a random idea. Is it possible to have missions with a no fly zone? Instead of people ferrying by chopper, you convoy in on vehicles and get ambushed by Ai. The Ai set off a IED or something, take out a vehicle and combat begins. Something similar to what is happening in real life scenarios in war zones these days. 

The constant capture base, destroy radio tower can get old after a few hours. There is probably limits of dynamic missions in which case I apologise. 

• Like 1

Nova    1779
    4 hours ago, Farqman said:

Knowing nothing about the effort required to code things, I was wondering if there are any planned changes in the future for main AO missions?

i would love more missions in towns and urban areas. There is too many snipers/marksman currently so when attacking or defending bases they are always getting the kills. More close quarters stuff would be interesting. It is always funny watching people clear buildings at bases. They open the door, stand right in the doorway and wonder why the AI mowed them down haha. 

Also, a random idea. Is it possible to have missions with a no fly zone? Instead of people ferrying by chopper, you convoy in on vehicles and get ambushed by Ai. The Ai set off a IED or something, take out a vehicle and combat begins. Something similar to what is happening in real life scenarios in war zones these days. 

The constant capture base, destroy radio tower can get old after a few hours. There is probably limits of dynamic missions in which case I apologise. 

every ao with a town has infantry in the town. in the buildings and what not.

Fitz    1239

Couple of small additions this evening:

• CSAT Helmets and Uniforms restricted.
    • I&A Veteran's diary entry.
    • Automated restart messages.
    • Like 5

Fitz    1239

Couple of changes tonight:

• All soldiers can assemble Static HMG and GMG turrets.
    • Engineers and UAV operators can assemble Automated Weapons.
    • AT Soldiers can assemble Static AT/AA launchers.
    • The Fire Support Group (FSG) can use any of the above as well as mortars.

More to come in the next few days...

Edited by Fitz
    • Like 4

Fitz    1239

2/01/17

• Main battle tanks are now locked to Ironside slots only if there are more than 20 players on. (Similar to helis being locked to pilot slots).
    • Recruitable AI have been temporarily removed until further notice.
    Edited by Fitz
    • Like 2

Travesty    265
    5 hours ago, Fitz said:

6/01/17

Just had someone ask me to attach a cargo crate... to the infantry BlackFish.
    Yeah, no thanks, bit of a big target to keep it in Vector Mode to fly cargo to an LZ!

After the latest changes to sling dynamics, this should add some interesting options for Zeus missions.

Edited by Travesty

Fitz    1239
    13 minutes ago, Travesty said:

Just had someone ask me to attach a cargo crate... to the infantry BlackFish.
    Yeah, no thanks, bit of a big target to keep it in Vector Mode to fly cargo to an LZ!

Yeah, sorry, not fully configure yet. 

Will be disabled for VTOL and all the passengers tomorrow. Will have it so only troops outside the aircraft and pilots can control the ropes.

Travesty    265
    15 hours ago, Fitz said:

Yeah, sorry, not fully configure yet. 

Will be disabled for VTOL and all the passengers tomorrow. Will have it so only troops outside the aircraft and pilots can control the ropes.

Not a criticism Fitz, just a funny situation!

The idea of infantry being able to rappel down to targets intrigues me!

• Like 1