Unit_3397

Wasteland Update #6

• Unit_3397    712

Hot Fix 6.1 

Quick little patch, primarily brought about by the under priced sentry turrets.  operational NOW

• Hotfix - Increase sentry turret prices to 25k for hmg and 30k for gmg 
    • Hotfix - Brought back central stratis capture zone 
    • Hotfix - Mortar is now 'actually' 80k 
    • Hotfix - Intro songs duration/ sound decreased [couple of additions] 
    • Added - Auzzie/ Grey Wolf skins for vehicle skin selection/ supporter button
    • Updated - diary entry: Wasteland Veteran List
    Edited by Unit_3397
    operational NOW
    • Like 4

Byron    197

Very nice! you guys do a great job on improving wasteland :)

Kumo    225

Nice dude. All looks promising apart from that hacker mission :p

Unit_3397    712
    1 hour ago, GonSupreme said:

Nice dude. All looks promising apart from that hacker mission :p

Funny you say that :) amongst the im planing in the road map, ive made considerable progress on this idea...

The image you see below is what the hacking mission currently spawns in with on my testing server.  
    It is set to run as a main mission, which is activated more frequent than i or anyone else would want it to happen.

So im either going to add a special mission class (runs random special mission once or twice per 6 hour period) or make it a server event to be run at admins discretion. 

I want to see more people paying attention/ wanting to complete missions, as we generally find theres a select few that people cant be bothered trying to complete *sunken supplies anyone?*

Currently how it works is you have to click the hack option in scroll wheel, and sit there for a random duration, you are completely defenceless while you are doing the hack, so youll need help from allies to defend ya. If at anytime you have to cancel the hack or get killed, the timer is reset to another random period, meaning the hack will have to start at the beginning, maybe for a longer duration.

I've been pondering on the idea of making it so when someone cancels the hack the the mission might end/ explode and kill people within the radius...  and making a memory script, so anyone that loggs out  after the hack is done, it remembers and on next login it subtract the percentage, along with a dishonour fee for leaving after the hack was initiated.

the percentage taken from users will be as low as 0.001 or something... meaning if your poor, you'll loose something as petty as 100 bucks, for the rich folk, maybe 10k... 

Still, ill be playing around with it some more, and when it comes to its release, ill post a topic with all the facts about the missions. :) 

PS. maybe i should make sunken supplies include the viper helm or other awesome gear? ;P  or just make sunken treasures like money shipment, low/ medium/ high treasure...

20161124192603_1.jpg

Edited by Unit_3397
    • Like 2

Kumo    225
    3 hours ago, Unit_3397 said:

Funny you say that :) amongst the im planing in the road map, ive made considerable progress on this idea...

It actually sounds quite interesting from what you've explained so far, filled in a couple of my misconceptions I had before hand. 

Like you said I'd suggest making it a 'special event' so an admin has to trigger the event or even set a prefix timer like 9am/9pm every day, so people are prepared (admin triggered event is my personal choice).

Also that canceling idea sounds great, the laptop explodes killing everyone in the area and the mission is failed. It makes the mission that much more challenging and rewarding on completion. 

And please don't make it so people who are offline are effected, as that was my main issue/worry for the mission. I'm happy giving up 10K of my bank account if I'm online and active!

Last point is with the disconnecting punishment, you should incorporate some sort of icon onscreen while the hack is uploading (maybe percentage) so people know when it's safe to logout.

I believe this event will be great, low bank holders will be fighting to earn instant cash, while the higher up players will be fighting to protect their bank accounts.  :D

With the 'Sunken Supplies' like you said, it's a mission what's not worth the time or money for people with more than 100K in the bank account. Adding a viper helmet among the supplies would dramatically increase the volume of people attending and I myself like the idea. Even me and some other people I have talked to about the newly added viper helmet fell guilty about dropping 80K on a helmet (1M-MAX banks accounts). So this would give people a new way to obtain it and not worry about losing 80K in a blink of an eye.

Let me know man if you need any help or input in the development of these ideas, as I would be glade to help out and share my input.

Edited by GonSupreme

Unit_3397    712
    1 minute ago, GonSupreme said:

And please don't make it so people who are offline are effected, as that was my main issue/worry for the mission. I'm happy giving up 10K of my bank account if I'm online!

Last point is with the disconnecting punishment, you should include some sort of icon on screen while the hack is uploading (maybe percentage) so people know when it's safe to logout.

I believe this event will be great, low bank holders will be fighting to earn instant cash, while the higher up players will be fighting to protect their bank accounts.  :D

With the 'Sunken Supplies' like you said, it's a mission what's not worth the time or money for people with more than 100K in the bank. Adding a viper helmet among the supplies would dramatically increase the numbers of people attending it and I like the idea. Even me and the people I have talked to about the newly added viper helmet fell guilty about dropping 80K on a helmet (1M-MAX banks accounts). So this would give people a new way to obtain it.

Let me know man if you need any help or input in the development of these ideas, as I would be glade to help out and share ideas.

Offline peeps will not be affected, id be pretty raged myself if it were the case, no, only online players.

Will look into displaying hack percentage across global chat or hint message.

Ill see what i can do with the sunken supply missions :3  maybe even create a server event supply drop mission for land as well. :p 

post Here If you have any ideas on how we can shape the development of wasteland :D 

Just remember, some ideas no matter how awesome, i cannot/ is unable to be implemented :3 

Kumo    225
    10 minutes ago, Unit_3397 said:

Offline peeps will not be affected, id be pretty raged myself if it were the case, no, only online players.

Will look into displaying hack percentage across global chat or hint message.

Ill see what i can do with the sunken supply missions :3  maybe even create a server event supply drop mission for land as well. :p 

post Here If you have any ideas on how we can shape the development of wasteland :D 

Just remember, some ideas no matter how awesome, i cannot/ is unable to be implemented :3 

Gotcha, also I'm not sure if Links ever got around to you about my idea.

But would it be possible to add a 'revert to default camo' for the supporter clothing/vehicle tab?

Sorry if I've asked twice.

Edited by GonSupreme
    • Like 1

Unit_3397    712
    Just now, GonSupreme said:

'revert to default camo' 

But... but why?! :o 

haha, i dont think too many people are interested in reverting back to the default camo, so I wont work on changing it at this time :) Choose your skin selection wisely ;P