Jump to content
Leopard

Altis Life Role Play * INPUT WANTED *

Recommended Posts

Leopard    7

G'day Guys, 

 

I really want to hear from you guys, the community. What you want to see more of in the way of RP? What RP do you enjoy most? When did it happen? What do you see as RP? What kind of RP do you want to see more of? 

 

I just want an all round discussion on the RP from EVERYONE. 

 

Have at it!!

Edited by Leopard
  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Leopard    7

    Whilst we are here, I would like to put forward a bit of a theoretical new feature. 

     

    Casino RP. 

     

    The casino is owned by the most dominant Cartel. 

     

    As people gamble, all of the gamblers money goes to a balance, all winnings come out of that balance.

    However the casino money is stored in a vault in a separate location,

    this is another robbery available to players, requiring around 15 cops online, however the stakes are high. A 25-30 minute teller that if successful offers the entire casino balance. 

    The Casino balance wipes on a schedule, weekly? Fortnightly? Monthly? 

    (only off the top of head thoughts, all hypothetical so far). 

    The casino would also act as a place for cartels and cops to collude and pay each etc. ;) 

    ___________________

     

    As for more face to face RP scenarios, 

     

    Do you want to see more rewarding and realistic hostage situations?

     

    Removal of sidechat decs and forcing player on player, face to face declaring? 

    • Like 9

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    insanD    431
    34 minutes ago, Leopard said:

    Removal of sidechat decs and forcing player on player, face to face declaring? 

    I would love to see this, however there would always be the issue of, people not hearing certain people as ArmA always likes to be buggy and all, still something to think about.

    I would absolutely love to see some sort of job system in the game, to add more 'legal RP' into the game.

    • Like 4

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    Joshua Walker    149
    4 hours ago, Leopard said:

    Removal of sidechat decs and forcing player on player, face to face declaring? 

    I like to consider the side chat as an open radio channel. So we can all have general chat to each other,as well as do decs.

    Edited by Joshua Walker
    • Like 1

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    insanD    431
    26 minutes ago, Joshua Walker said:

    I like to consider the side chat as an open radio channel. So we can all have general chat to each other,as well as do decs.

    This again, kind of brings the server together in a weird way, if the no declarations in side chat rule did come in, I would petition for side chat to stay in.

    • Like 2

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    CeeFar    585

    My personal favourite RP that I had was way back before I was high ranking cop, I was in a rebel gang.

     

    We ended up clashing with another gang a few times, that NEVER used side chat to dec, it was one of their gang rules.

    They would always come face to face and direct chat dec. It actually made it interesting and 90% of the things that people complain about aren't even a problem.

    You also had a WAY higher chance of getting out alive through a direct chat dec, as you are put in danger IMMEDIATELY and don't have time to set up to fight.

     

     

    I think that the people who don't want direct chat deccing as a rule are just afraid of change for whatever reason. 

    • Like 3

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    vizzN    375

    + 1 to changing Declarations to Direct Chat ONLY - But keep side chat so the community can still connect and also allow questions to be asked/answered. 

    I am against Side Chat declarations because it takes the role play out of hostile situations. People are 10 times likely not to comply with the dec and try to run because they do not have direct/immediate contact with the person/ground declaring. 

    People are far more likely to comply with the role play situation if the declaring party has directly surrounded the victim.

    Removing Side Chat declarations will mean: 

    1) No more people declaring from 1km away
    2) No more groups/people misled or confused by blanket declarations
    3) More effort put into hunting and surrounding the target/victim
    4) A better connection between the two parties
    5) +BETTER ROLEPLAY (text on a screen is not role play acting, direct communication makes it all fair game)

    Edited by vizzN
    • Like 6

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    Alienware    153

    Make drugs more exclusive

     

    ok here is my theory, 

     

    make drugs worth a LOT 

    But make the process of making them longer 

    say for example, you need to make cocaine, you need fuel you need poppy seeds and you need something else but you got to go to individual specialised processing places. 

    The more complex the drug is to make the more it's worth. So for weed make it worthless almost but a little more then your average legal run. 

    By doing this it brings more risk by being exposed to robberies and cops ect. But also gives the much needed reward

    what do you guys think?

    and maybe add benefits to using drugs like speed give 2x movement speed.

    steroids give you 1000 carry space. 

    This would allow drugs to be used and be would encourage people to use in game trading 

    • Like 1

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    Max_Power609    10
    3 hours ago, vizzN said:

    + 1 to changing Declarations to Direct Chat ONLY - But keep side chat so the community can still connect and also allow questions to be asked/answered. 

    I am against Side Chat declarations because it takes the role play out of hostile situations. People are 10 times likely not to comply with the dec and try to run because they do not have direct/immediate contact with the person/ground declaring. 

    People are far more likely to comply with the role play situation if the declaring party has directly surrounded the victim.

    Removing Side Chat declarations will mean: 

    1) No more people declaring from 1km away
    2) No more groups/people misled or confused by blanket declarations
    3) More effort put into hunting and surrounding the target/victim
    4) A better connection between the two parties
    5) +BETTER ROLEPLAY (text on a screen is not role play acting, direct communication makes it all fair game)

     

    I agree with this and it would supply with way more RP however like what others have said direct chat is buggy and quite making it easy to mistake what people are saying.

    I believe an addition of the mod, TFR (Task Force Radio) would benefit the community a lot. Not only would it reduce the chances of metagaming but also help police and other gangs and medics communicate with each other easier putting those 10 codes to good use. Now i do understand the position that it would lower the player base because of the mods, but i believe the people who do indeed reject this idea must not like serious RP. For instance look at  servers like lakeside that use over 10g of mods including TFR and there servers are near capacity most of the time. These servers have also introduced the rule that if 3rd party communication programs like steam and Skype are used to communicate its fail RP and metagaming ruling out that option. I believe that TFR would be a great substitution for the Arma 3 VON network and would increase role play in the server significantly. After all the Invade and Annex server is trialling it so why cant  Altis life. ;)

    Cheers Max

    • Like 4

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    Zorgain    482

    I don't really think people like to roleplay hardcore I go on civ and try roleplay with people and they either walk away or just don't talk back. I tried to get a permit off the police last night and I kept getting tazed when asking for a higher up, Maybe if police station isn't so much of a illegal area to walk into but if you are seen trolling and driving around in there for no reason you can be shot or tazed??? And was also coming close to a ban apparently for "Baiting Cops" when I was roleplaying to make a movie and drift with @Reaperz and a lot of TPing to us to make sure we were not doing anything wrong, It kinda felt like Wasteland or something. - My Input

    • Like 2

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    Bobby Jones    19
    47 minutes ago, Zorgain said:

    I don't really think people like to roleplay hardcore I go on civ and try roleplay with people and they either walk away or just don't talk back. I tried to get a permit off the police last night and I kept getting tazed when asking for a higher up, Maybe if police station isn't so much of a illegal area to walk into but if you are seen trolling and driving around in there for no reason you can be shot or tazed??? And was also coming close to a ban apparently for "Baiting Cops" when I was roleplaying to make a movie and drift with @Reaperz and a lot of TPing to us to make sure we were not doing anything wrong, It kinda felt like Wasteland or something. - My Input

    I agree with the pd part as in real life you are allowed in side a police station sure maybe not at the garage or in the command office but getting tazed for walking in what should be a safe haven isn't really rp half the time its a pub slot dealing with you and 90% don't know how to Rp as cop and just taze or restrain you

    • Like 2

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    Fascinating    5

    man theres lots of rules that arnt followed that messes up rp it would be cool if like you could be set rp persons in town and stuff and possible make it easyer to start upa  little shop or something im hoping to rp alot if i become a lawyer but like as medic the outher day we gathered around and went down to market and tried some rp of beening health instructors and got a few people doing push ups and was fun but a cop came down and told us were getting paid by the goverment so nic off back to the hospital even no there was no call outs and we still had an active medic?

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    insanD    431

    To @Zorgain's idea about police stations.

    With the current police stations, I don't believe this would make sense within roleplay, as they are more like military areas than police stations.

    I'd like to see the police stations(or atleast the Sydney one) become less militarized and more like police stations in real life(to the best of ArmA's capability).

    Maybe something to think about? Discuss, as always, I'd love to hear your feedback.

    Edited by insanD
    • Like 2

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    KillaLB    9

    The hostage RP we had with the cops at Neri the other night was great. We got the money out because of it ;D

     

    Probably should have kept the hostage with us in the heli though, we were shot down on the way out when they came back for me. There goes my faith in the honour system :D

    • Like 1

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    Gotenks    497
    On 09/12/2016 at 6:40 PM, Fascinating said:

    man theres lots of rules that arnt followed that messes up rp it would be cool if like you could be set rp persons in town and stuff and possible make it easyer to start upa  little shop or something im hoping to rp alot if i become a lawyer but like as medic the outher day we gathered around and went down to market and tried some rp of beening health instructors and got a few people doing push ups and was fun but a cop came down and told us were getting paid by the goverment so nic off back to the hospital even no there was no call outs and we still had an active medic?

    Yeah the cops shouldn't be doing that. If your bothering people then yeah sure, but it's about having fun and just doing the role you are playing. Unless your breaking the law or rules they shouldn't be telling you off

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    CeeFar    585

    I think it's important to remember, that (Excuse me for my french) if 50% of the server is just trolling and being dickheads and making life hard for the cops, it becomes harder for us to differentiate people who are actually trying to roleplay, and people who are just trolling, when it gets like this, People make mistakes, don't think properly and are just doing things on a call by call basis, responding to a call, processing anyone involved and moving to the next one. If we are getting LOADS Of calls about trolls, we just have to pile through them one after another after another.

     

    ^
    It's not normally like this, but when the server hits 90-100 people, it gets pretty bad.

     

    Roleplay should be 100% the focus of a cop at all times while playing on the server, but in saying that, if we are getting calls every 5 minutes about *MAN JUST SHOT ME SYDNEY MARKET SAFEZONE* or *VEHICLE GARAGE MAN RAMMING VEHICLES* Or even (And probably the best) *REBEL 1 MAN WITH GO KART RUNNING EVERYONE OVER* it gets a bit painful and we get ticked off.

     

    Essentially minimodding most of the time can be a bit of a pain in the ass, having to deal with the attitudinal trolls whos main objective it is is to slow us down and be a pain in the ass is a bit annoying.

     

    I think that at the moment we have two sets of players.

     

    People who follow the rules BY THE BOOK, and people who take the rules as "guidelines". I think that rules that relate to RDM/VLR and whatnot should be by the book, but roleplay and whatnot should be open ended and open to interpretation. 

    I've had people try and pull me up on cop for giving tickets that aren't on the database. There's no rule against it, and it adds to roleplay. 

     

    ANOTHER THING

    I think that with the recent issues surrounding cartels/rebel gangs and cop relationships, instead of adding new rules, relax the rules surrounding these things a little bit, make it known what cartel roleplay is, how the cops have to play by it and make sure that it's actually getting followed, because at the end of the day when the cartels are having a go at the cops because they're not taking bribes, the cops are just doing what they thought was right and arguments happen, and that ruins both sides.

     

    Sorry if this was a little bit broken up/badly worded. Just a little bit of a rant.

     

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    CeeFar    585
    2 hours ago, KillaLB said:

    The hostage RP we had with the cops at Neri the other night was great. We got the money out because of it ;D

     

    Probably should have kept the hostage with us in the heli though, we were shot down on the way out when they came back for me. There goes my faith in the honour system :D

    How long ago was this? 

     

    Did you get Titan AA"d out of the sky and you were in the cop hummingbird?


    if this was you, i agree. This was some quality roleplay that had no issues because both sides were able to relax the rules and not scream "FAILRP" when something didn't go their way.

    • Like 1

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    TrickyT1964    5

    with the shipwreck mission we need a smaller area as 3 attempts at it we havent found a crate, ship, or anything as we have to dive about 250m underwater with next to no light, this is a good idea yet its semi broken atm.

    another suggestion would be better skins like more camo flauging ones, (i can learn how to make em if need be)
     

    plane crashes that are lootable would also be nice (like drug shipments)

    maybe a more diverse mining system (more minerals)
     

    buildable bases is a big one that id like to see, there is a mod that i forgot the name to, but ik its possible but wed have to see xD

     

     

    • Like 1

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    Alienware    153
    12 hours ago, nclem said:

    I think it's important to remember, that (Excuse me for my french) if 50% of the server is just trolling and being dickheads and making life hard for the cops, it becomes harder for us to differentiate people who are actually trying to roleplay, and people who are just trolling, when it gets like this, People make mistakes, don't think properly and are just doing things on a call by call basis, responding to a call, processing anyone involved and moving to the next one. If we are getting LOADS Of calls about trolls, we just have to pile through them one after another after another.

     

    ^
    It's not normally like this, but when the server hits 90-100 people, it gets pretty bad.

     

    Roleplay should be 100% the focus of a cop at all times while playing on the server, but in saying that, if we are getting calls every 5 minutes about *MAN JUST SHOT ME SYDNEY MARKET SAFEZONE* or *VEHICLE GARAGE MAN RAMMING VEHICLES* Or even (And probably the best) *REBEL 1 MAN WITH GO KART RUNNING EVERYONE OVER* it gets a bit painful and we get ticked off.

     

    Essentially minimodding most of the time can be a bit of a pain in the ass, having to deal with the attitudinal trolls whos main objective it is is to slow us down and be a pain in the ass is a bit annoying.

     

    I think that at the moment we have two sets of players.

     

    People who follow the rules BY THE BOOK, and people who take the rules as "guidelines". I think that rules that relate to RDM/VLR and whatnot should be by the book, but roleplay and whatnot should be open ended and open to interpretation. 

    I've had people try and pull me up on cop for giving tickets that aren't on the database. There's no rule against it, and it adds to roleplay. 

     

    ANOTHER THING

    I think that with the recent issues surrounding cartels/rebel gangs and cop relationships, instead of adding new rules, relax the rules surrounding these things a little bit, make it known what cartel roleplay is, how the cops have to play by it and make sure that it's actually getting followed, because at the end of the day when the cartels are having a go at the cops because they're not taking bribes, the cops are just doing what they thought was right and arguments happen, and that ruins both sides.

     

    Sorry if this was a little bit broken up/badly worded. Just a little bit of a rant.

     

    If you're having problems with trolls ect. Record the issue and get a mod to put them on the watchlist. Simple as that. 

    Yes it's hard when you get lots of them but as we enforce these trolling rules they should get a clear picture don't do it

    cheers

    • Like 1

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    KillaLB    9
    On 14/12/2016 at 0:26 AM, nclem said:

    How long ago was this? 

     

    Did you get Titan AA"d out of the sky and you were in the cop hummingbird?


    if this was you, i agree. This was some quality roleplay that had no issues because both sides were able to relax the rules and not scream "FAILRP" when something didn't go their way.

    That was us, and it was nice to not see people scream "FAIL RP" in side chat because they got shot, you know, while robbing a bank.

     

    What wasn't good was the time before that where I got taken to helpdesk for shooting 2 civs in a boat while they were right outside the bank, while it was being robbed and bullets flying everywhere.

    Because honestly, you wouldnt expect to get shot near a bank that is getting robbed by highly armed individuals would you (/sarcasm)

    • Like 1

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    Griffo    159

    Roleplay is only limited as far by two things;

     

    1. Your imagination

    2. The rules

     

    With these in mind, the possibilities are , quite simply, limitless. I've come up with a huge number of both legal and illegal ways for groups to make money, including examples like;

     

    LEGAL

    -Insurance Companies (Insuring contents, buildings, cars, businesses for a premium)

    -Security Contractors / Private Military Contractors ("GANGS" are already doing this ad-hoc by responding to banks - might as well officialise it)

    ILLEGAL

    -Illegal street racing competitions (Think Need4Speed meets Altis Life)

    -Weapons Trafficking (Buy rebel weapons, sell them in major cities at a profit)

    -Racketeering (I.E 'Protection Service' for businesses / groups, against the very group providing the service)

     

    Thoughts everyone?

     

    Edited by Blackout
    • Like 1

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    Griffo    159

    Also another possible idea for making money by legal means would be to open up a Real Estate Agent. One could purchase up property - then lease / rent it out to others. People can have contracts, leasing it for maybe 2 weeks, 1 month, or a long term lease, like 3 - 6 months, and in that time they can use the property and put their stuff in there, but they don't own it.

    This is a great way of investing cash into "bricks and mortar" as the saying goes, and also setting yourself up to get a return.

    • Like 1

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    Rat66    72

     

     

    On 14/12/2016 at 11:58 AM, TrickyT1964 said:

    with the shipwreck mission we need a smaller area as 3 attempts at it we havent found a crate, ship, or anything as we have to dive about 250m underwater with next to no light, this is a good idea yet its semi broken atm.

    another suggestion would be better skins like more camo flauging ones, (i can learn how to make em if need be)
     

    plane crashes that are lootable would also be nice (like drug shipments)

    maybe a more diverse mining system (more minerals)
     

    buildable bases is a big one that id like to see, there is a mod that i forgot the name to, but ik its possible but wed have to see xD

     

     

     
     
     

    100% Better skins

     

    Edited by Rat66
    • Like 1

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Share on other sites

    Create an account or sign in to comment

    You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

    Create an account

    Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

    Register a new account

    Sign in

    Already have an account? Sign in here.

    Sign In Now

    ×