Leopard

Altis Life - Bank Account Poll *PLEASE VOTE*

Splitting Bank Accounts Between Cop, EMS and Civilian slots.   

84 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Leopard    7

G'day guys,

We have decided to look at splitting bank accounts across the 3 factions,

One bank acc. for Cop, EMS and civilian.

The aim of this is to either A). Stop people losing money on their secondary faction. And B). Stop people making tons of money on one and taking it to the other...

I don't think those off-duty EMS are Multi-Millionaire drug lords in their spare time...

*** PLEASE VOTE ***

- Leopard

• Like 6

• Tiggati    1067

I like this idea.

This will make people think twice about doing certain things, and also there won't be any "Cops get things cheaper! it's not fair!" When cops won't be able to do runs on civ when the server is quiet to make back money. Same goes for EMS with making money on there with revives and then jumping back on civ/cop :p

• Like 3

Gotenks    497

Agreed with tiggati. 

But saying that. The people who have money now will it be split into 3s? Or transfer some over to cop/EMS and civ? 

Tiggati    1067

@Gotenks

Depends on their main faction they play, they will keep the money they have on there and we'll give them a little starting bonus on the other factions.

Bow    149

This isn't a terrible idea, this would be a great  new experience and would solve a lot of issues mentioned however

I see two issues that need to be addressed, first being how the money is going to be divided up into the 3 factions. Will players get to choose which faction will keep the main account? And what other issues could come from making 3 separate data bases and creating all this movement.

Second issue i see is this wont really stop players from having access to all their money across the 3 factions as they can have all their money on civ, give a desired amount to someone, switch over and then get the money back. Also the starting money is 250k last i heard and that can be taken from 2/3 factions to your main one so that makes for a instant 500k cash.

If this can be worked around ill support this idea.

LuckyB33f    1287

I'm happy to help out those who are whitelisted and play cop and medic by moving a % of there now money to the new banks.

Also i can make an economy for cops and medics unique to them so even if they do something bad like gun trading it wont help them out...
    eg. cops guns costs alot like civs but they earn alot more so its not noticed as much

• Like 1

Max_Power609    10

I can understand with the idea of 3 separate bank accounts across the factions because it is unfair to see high ranking officers and medics also being chiefs of drug cartels, however, licences for legal and illegal forms of money are extremely expensive like $2 million for a cocaine processing and $150,000 for copper processing is plain ridiculous. New people to the country of Altis only have $250,000 which would barely cover the costs for a driving licence, car and processing for copper mining. Either people will resort to job occupations like medic and Police to try to earn extra income or the prices for all licences must be reduced significantly. Also if you are either a cop or medic IRL you still are paid. I believe that if you are caught doing illegal activities then it should result in a review of your employment. It would also give the ASIO a more important role and possibly add in a new role of government agents like Internal Affairs who could be the medics and police watchdogs.   

Cheers Max 

Edited by Max_Power609

RHINOJONES    5

While I do think it would further to the Servers role playing agenda I think it may also hurt the playing experiences of a few players.

For example if you play as cop for the majority of your time in Altis but have a crap few sessions there's the option to jump on as a civ and immediately have fun doing different things to your playtime as a cop. 

However, If a separate bank account was brought in, it would mean that instead of this instance of jumping on as civ to have fun, people would jump onto civ and start making money....again. A lot of civ or rebel activities/pastimes are expensive and making the player have to go through the process of making money, despite having a few million in another bank, might throw some people off the idea of trying something 'different' in the server. Just my opinion, maybe there's a work around to the grind people would have to go through once more. 

LuckyB33f    1287
    6 hours ago, Max_Power609 said:

I can understand with the idea of 3 separate bank accounts across the factions because it is unfair to see high ranking officers and medics also being chiefs of drug cartels, however, licences for legal and illegal forms of money are extremely expensive like $2 million for a cocaine processing and $150,000 for copper processing is plain ridiculous. New people to the country of Altis only have $250,000 which would barely cover the costs for a driving licence, car and processing for copper mining. Either people will resort to job occupations like medic and Police to try to earn extra income or the prices for all licences must be reduced significantly. Also if you are either a cop or medic IRL you still are paid. I believe that if you are caught doing illegal activities then it should result in a review of your employment. It would also give the ASIO a more important role and possibly add in a new role of government agents like Internal Affairs who could be the medics and police watchdogs.   

Cheers Max 

So u bring up the license issue again... doing this change would effect the license prices... of course  i would lower them as if it cause a few issues with the economy...

LuckyB33f    1287
    53 minutes ago, RHINOJONES said:

While I do think it would further to the Servers role playing agenda I think it may also hurt the playing experiences of a few players.

For example if you play as cop for the majority of your time in Altis but have a crap few sessions there's the option to jump on as a civ and immediately have fun doing different things to your playtime as a cop. 

However, If a separate bank account was brought in, it would mean that instead of this instance of jumping on as civ to have fun, people would jump onto civ and start making money....again. A lot of civ or rebel activities/pastimes are expensive and making the player have to go through the process of making money, despite having a few million in another bank, might throw some people off the idea of trying something 'different' in the server. Just my opinion, maybe there's a work around to the grind people would have to go through once more. 

Cop shouldn't be about making money... cop is about the experience... if you are playing cop to make money then they are getting paid to much...

If some now joins as a cop... all of their money is useless... they can only buy public slot items same as medics... they already have something blocking them from really trying out cop... as they rank up they unlock better  stuff theyll have more money some thinga maybe cheaper...

Civ have their crafting and money making to cause stuff

Medics well medica need more stuff be that is in the works

• Like 2

CeeFar    585

it's kind of hard to make money on cop rn. I have not once made a money profit while playing cop yet in a session on the new server.

Impound prices are ridiculously low (I would have to impound 40 sports hatchbacks to even be able to buy a gun).

Wanted list prices are broken (We don't get correct bounties).

It costs me about 260k to gear up, I die alot. (RDM's, being high ranked and public enemy no.1 etc).

I had 16 mil about 1 month ago, i have 4 mil now.

Maybe once all of the money making is fixed 100%, but no, not right now.

LuckyB33f    1287
    7 hours ago, nclem said:

it's kind of hard to make money on cop rn. I have not once made a money profit while playing cop yet in a session on the new server.

Impound prices are ridiculously low (I would have to impound 40 sports hatchbacks to even be able to buy a gun).

Wanted list prices are broken (We don't get correct bounties).

It costs me about 260k to gear up, I die alot. (RDM's, being high ranked and public enemy no.1 etc).

I had 16 mil about 1 month ago, i have 4 mil now.

Maybe once all of the money making is fixed 100%, but no, not right now.

If that is the case we can fix that as an issue cops need to be able to make enough money to kid the childs but no to much money they over throw the government 

CeeFar    585
    6 minutes ago, LuckyB33f said:

If that is the case we can fix that as an issue cops need to be able to make enough money to kid the childs but no to much money they over throw the government 

It's very very hard to make a profit during a session of playing cop. Before where the impound price was a flat 10k it was possible, but I would still have to impound over 25 cars even with that price to be able to gear up fully.

LuckyB33f    1287
    1 minute ago, nclem said:

It's very very hard to make a profit during a session of playing cop. Before where the impound price was a flat 10k it was possible, but I would still have to impound over 25 cars even with that price to be able to gear up fully.

I think ur missing the point...

Cops will get an increase in wages if its separate... They will get a more stable income...

Inpounding will get increased  to mean the demand needed for that role. 

Weapon may need to be cheaper for that... i wont leave the pricing as is...

This would mean i need to drop licenses for civ

Medics need new things to spend money on..

Your looking at it now as the prices are now not where they need to be for change

vizzN    375

@LuckyB33f

Maybe make it so that cop vehicles can ONLY be rented?

It makes sense in role play terms, APD is bankrolled by the Altis government and officers do not own the vehicles that are provided in the line of duty. Vehicles could be assumed as rented/loaned for the duration of the shift. 

As a result, you could help the cop economy by:

1) Making vehicles rent only, so they are dirt cheap to pull out (ranging from 5-20k).
    2) This will take a load off the database in terms of no cop vehicles being stored.
    3) Impounding has always been 10k per vehicle, essential to the cop economy (currently getting $200-$400 per vehicle). 
    4) In game wanted system needs to reflect the APD database values. Currently a murder is $2000 bounty instead of $75k. 

Edited by vizzN
    • Like 2

Brad    235

I know the wanted list is broken, but when sending individuals to jail and what not, have we not been translating the particular crime to the correct amount? 

What I mean is, a murder on the wanted list is say 100, but when sending to jail we add them for 75000? 

Idea of cars being rented is perfect, and would provide an incentive for lower ranks to impound vehicles in recovery of the rent price not to mention impounding your own vehicle. So we'd have to alter a few things in the economy for cop should this go ahead. Ie impound can't be 10k if pullout is 5.

LuckyB33f    1287

Umm ill look into it i think thats a good idea...

Yes ill change those prices i do agree they need to be changed if thats ehats happening...

I havnt looked at the wanted  pricing but now i see why u guys are worried about cop

vizzN    375

Only Sergeants+ have the ability to add to the wanted list, the majority of the APD population is below this rank. Therefore fixing up the wanted/bounty is critical for the economy. 

Simple solution to your hypothetical is making it so you do not get 10k for impounding your own vehicle. You are only eligible for the 10k impound reward for impounding vehicles belonging to others. In fact, it should be set that the officer needs to pay a small price if they wish to impound their own vehicle. 

Max_Power609    10
    11 hours ago, LuckyB33f said:

So u bring up the license issue again... doing this change would effect the license prices... of course  i would lower them as if it cause a few issues with the economy...

Yes exactly the license prices issues are out of control. $2 million for a cocaine processing is rather ridiculous, maybe halfing the prices for these licences is the way to go as they are heavily enforced by the drug cartels but are also well paying after a successful run. I can understand why these licences are expensive but people like me who aren't in a dominate gang and are killed and robbed every time we leave the city can't afford the equipment needed to carryout these tasks like trucks, guns for protection, as well the licences to be able to processes them. It not only effects the civilian population but also the cartels whom control the sectors. We even tried to complete a copper run in desperate need of money and found out the copper processing ticket was $175,000 for a legal mission. I just believe that these prices should be reduced not to unrealistic lows but just enough for hard-working, law abiding citizens to be able to fund our lives and buy our dream home legally. Maybe having legal licences under $100K depending on the default selling prices and illegal licences over that but under $750K to make it more realistic. Even a truck licence is $200K which is almost more then a majority of the trucks you can buy! So yes to put it simply the licences system is a but expensive especially if medics and cops both will have different bank accounts resulting in no way to make a study income. 

Fascinating    5

well dudes its simple cost of things gone hectic and not friendly to new players inless there in a group these days man theres no dimond mining like there ust to be for simple easish money so bud i dont see a problem with keeping one account as in kinda role play you can say your an officer not in work and stuff and man would mess medics up if this was going to be implmented i think in cop you would need pay by rank including super cheap items and like base price would have to be 5k medic tho its too hard as its not easy to get up in ranks but aye?

Bobby Jones    19
    On ‎8‎/‎12‎/‎2016 at 10:34 PM, LuckyB33f said:

Cop shouldn't be about making money... cop is about the experience... if you are playing cop to make money then they are getting paid to much...

If some now joins as a cop... all of their money is useless... they can only buy public slot items same as medics... they already have something blocking them from really trying out cop... as they rank up they unlock better  stuff theyll have more money some thinga maybe cheaper...

Civ have their crafting and money making to cause stuff

Medics well medica need more stuff be that is in the works

Beef I agree cop shouldn't be about making money  but to have that experience you need money every time I need to regear as cop it cost around 85k that's a bit if your going to spilt our money across the three factions also a lot of cops have around 10mil and if I'm right 10mil split between three is 2.5mil per faction this money will run out fast if you are in pol air  or die a few times or even buying a boat. most will  disagree but I think who ever is whitelisted on cop should just get all there money on cop then if they want there money spilt go up to helpdesk and get a admin to transfer some money over

sirgeneralj    378
    On 09/12/2016 at 10:34 AM, BradB said:

I know the wanted list is broken, but when sending individuals to jail and what not, have we not been translating the particular crime to the correct amount? 

What I mean is, a murder on the wanted list is say 100, but when sending to jail we add them for 75000? 

Idea of cars being rented is perfect, and would provide an incentive for lower ranks to impound vehicles in recovery of the rent price not to mention impounding your own vehicle. So we'd have to alter a few things in the economy for cop should this go ahead. Ie impound can't be 10k if pullout is 5.

VizzN mentioned one reason this is still a problem; if there are no higher ups on.

But a bigger problem is for the high ranks.

As you progress higher in the police force you allow the lower ranks to process to gain experience and hence get the money that way. This leaves only impounds and bounties left. Impounds are generally split up but are worth nothing. Bounties are also dirt cheap as we can't add someone to the wanted list quickly after we kill them to get extra money, so we really need to raise the wanted amounts so you end up gaining atleast some money from taking out  the top targets which you are unable to capture.

For example I killed someone with like 25k worth of maslaughters, on the old server that would be over a million (I think), that's a big difference.

I have lost around 8 million since the release of the server as there is simply no good way to make money as a higher ranked officer 

• Like 1

CeeFar    585
    1 hour ago, sirgeneralj said:

VizzN mentioned one reason this is still a problem; if there are no higher ups on.

But a bigger problem is for the high ranks.

As you progress higher in the police force you allow the lower ranks to process to gain experience and hence get the money that way. This leaves only impounds and bounties left. Impounds are generally split up but are worth nothing. Bounties are also dirt cheap as we can't add someone to the wanted list quickly after we kill them to get extra money, so we really need to raise the wanted amounts so you end up gaining atleast some money from taking out  the top targets which you are unable to capture.

For example I killed someone with like 25k worth of maslaughters, on the old server that would be over a million (I think), that's a big difference.

I have lost around 8 million since the release of the server as there is simply no good way to make money as a higher ranked officer 

I had 16 million dollars at the beginning of the rebuild.

I have played exclusively cop, not purchased a single thing on civilian and I have 2.5 mil left.

Completely agree with what jack said.

CeeFar    585
    1 hour ago, Bobby Jones said:

as cop it cost around 85k

85K? @LuckyB33f I have to rebuy 275k of gear every time i die.

It's not about making the money, it's about making the money to actually be able to re gear.