Nova

Task Force Radio I&A test Friday

• Max_Power609    11

Hello

This sounds amazing to be implementing onto the server and would reduce the amount of unnecessary chatter on TS as well as supply CAS with more accurate tasking and give JTAC a role. I have been waiting for this to be implemented onto one of these servers for months you could definitely count me in. I only have a few issues:

1) How can you make direct talking in TFR voice activate

2) What are the other mods available on the server for us to use 

Thanks and i can't wait 

Travesty    265

Hell yes! This is a great move.

Sadly I wont be able to be on at 7pm due to prior plans, but will get it setup ASAP for future testing.

Fitz    1239
    16 minutes ago, Max_Power609 said:

1) How can you make direct talking in TFR voice activate

Change your teamspeak settings to voice activated?

17 minutes ago, Max_Power609 said:

2) What are the other mods available on the server for us to use 

Currently you can use QS Mag Repack: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=755210821 and JSRS4 Apex https://acf.sx/dl/JSRS4-APEX1.2.rar

Rogmantosh    242

Is there a function that people can come into the TS channel and actually have a conversation with the people on without having to be in game?

Nova    1779
    Just now, Rogmantosh said:

Is there a function that people can come into the TS channel and actually have a conversation with the people on without having to be in game?

yea the way we've set it up is you can just talk to the people unless you have tfr enabled and you are in game. so obviously we wouldnt allow pilots to use it because then some pilots wouldnt want to have tfr and some would. it would be more orientated around infantry. 

Tracuer    92

doesn't TFR just alloy the conversation anyway? if they don't run TFR they just talk like normal in TS and everyone hears it. I thought that's how it worked? only the people with TFR get effected?

Edited by Tracuer
    • Like 1

Eazy    16

cant see why ud want it. cept adding immersion, considering the options of TS channel/group channel/ typing in side|command what does this facilitate?

Farqman    86
    7 hours ago, Eazy said:

cant see why ud want it. cept adding immersion, considering the options of TS channel/group channel/ typing in side|command what does this facilitate?

Currently you can only talk to your group which is maybe 5 players if you are lucky, or direct communication which if your anymore than 5 steps from somebody it's useless. 

TFR would allow you to talk to all infantry on the ground. 

Or if you wanted you could have two different groups on the same channel etc. 

in an average game it may not be any benefit, but it gives you options. 

Lotza    522

I think TFR would be a nice option for people to use. 
    I would install it on the game as an optional mod and allow those who wish to use it the ability to do so.
    If the mod is installed and running, even if only 10 people use it, its not going to effect the other people in any way, shape or form, they can still communicate with the other players using TS if they switch channels or by using side chat and sending a message via text.

Edited by Lotza
    • Like 1

Artorias    3

Alternatively, run a separate I&A server with mods such as TFR and keep the vanilla server going at the same time. This way, those who want immersion can go on the TFR server, and those who don't, can just stick to the vanilla. I think this is the way to go as I&A gets a tad bit repetitive and TFR would be exactly what we need to mix it up a little. 

Will there be future testing or was Friday it?

Edited by Artorias
    • Like 1

Nova    1779
    2 hours ago, Artorias said:

Alternatively, run a separate I&A server with mods such as TFR and keep the vanilla server going at the same time. This way, those who want immersion can go on the TFR server, and those who don't, can just stick to the vanilla. I think this is the way to go as I&A gets a tad bit repetitive and TFR would be exactly what we need to mix it up a little. 

Will there be future testing or was Friday it?

idealy it would be 2 servers. so tfr could be a thing perhaps along with RHS. but we dont really have the server pop at the moment to consider splitting it in 2

unconfirmed about future testing as i havent talked to fitz or anyone since last night

Fitz    1239

Bit of an update on this, kinda forgot to do it.

The test showed that without the serverside TFAR modules, we can't customise anything within it and it causes issues. One of which is that vehicles that aren't Blufor have different radios that can't communicate with the rest of the team. If the modules are used, then it can no longer be an optional mod and everyone must have it to connect; which is not what we want.

I don't believe there is a point in using TFAR unless everyone is using it anyway.

The ideal solution would be to have two servers like Artorias/Nova said, but at the moment we don't believe the player base is large enough to sustain both servers.

Currently, there are no plans for any future tests.

We might host small Zeus missions with TFAR and other mods sometime in the future though ;)

• Like 2

Travesty    265
    1 hour ago, Fitz said:

Bit of an update on this, kinda forgot to do it.

The test showed that without the serverside TFAR modules, we can't customise anything within it and it causes issues. One of which is that vehicles that aren't Blufor have different radios that can't communicate with the rest of the team. If the modules are used, then it can no longer be an optional mod and everyone must have it to connect; which is not what we want.

I don't believe there is a point in using TFAR unless everyone is using it anyway.

The ideal solution would be to have two servers like Artorias/Nova said, but at the moment we don't believe the player base is large enough to sustain both servers.

Currently, there are no plans for any future tests.

We might host small Zeus missions with TFAR and other mods sometime in the future though ;)

Just offering my thoughts on this.

I only just started using TFR with another server, and to be honest with the TS and the use of groups in I&A I'm not sure that it's generally needed.

However, I agree that with Zeus events TFR would be a strategic advantage with multiple teams.

• Like 1