Matsozetex

Ironside clarification and Ironside quality of life

Matsozetex    89

Hello everyone, 

I wish to inquire as changes in I&A have left to some questions regarding new features.

To start off, I want to inquire about the rules regarding ironside; (as I have been a whining b**** As always when some infantry camp ironside spawn for tanks.)

1. Are the ironside tank slots make those players the ONLY people who can use those tanks?

2. Is being active in teamspeak a necessary requirement for the use of tanks?

These questions are based off being told off by staff for asking infantry (mainly normal engineers) for stealing ironside tanks and camping the spawns, which leads to people who actually hop in the ironside slot and expect to play armour be shocked when there are no tanks at ironside and have to marvel when the T-100, Kuma and even the Slammer (people play the slammer, its weird) are on the map and active but role selection told of one other player leading you to think that you could grab the extra tank.

Also, a request, can you make the screen that displays rules upon spawning (As infantry) last a bit longer to allow them to properly read such rules. This idea was prompted by 5 separate events in which someone hopped into my tank to either, hop in the main gun or drive the tank away without prior acknowledgement, which shortly led to my death as some A*** jumped into my tank and drove me towards a T-100 while I was in a Slammer.  

This addition will only apply to tankers who bother to press their [W] Key *cough @Aussie Dave *cough.

• Like 1

• Aussie Dave    50

Maybe the ironside should be scraped (if the class can't be locked) and the tanks put back in the public car park ?

AI still should be removed.

As for people hopping in your tank not much can be done unless the class is locked, which means more scripts added to the mission file.

Just stay out of AO's and find places where there's no players around, thats what i try to do.

11.  A server Moderator or Admin's word is final.

I have noticed some players have not done what Admin's have asked them to do, "by saying it not in the rules", i find this behavior unacceptable and should be dealt with severely as it disrespectful to the Admin's. 

Edited by Aussie Dave

Fitz    1239
    On 1/1/2017 at 2:07 PM, Matsozetex said:

1. Are the ironside tank slots make those players the ONLY people who can use those tanks?

Lock was implemented today (https://strayagaming.com.au/forums/topic/8257-ia-update-13/?do=findComment&comment=43619). If there are over 20 players, only players in the Ironside slots can use main battle tanks.

2. Is being active in teamspeak a necessary requirement for the use of tanks?

No, completely optional.

Also, a request .....

The screen that is displayed on joining only shows a few of the main rules. If we put every rule on there, it wouldn't fit and no one would read it anyway. Might add a message that reminds people to look at them in the Diary though.

21 hours ago, Aussie Dave said:

AI still should be removed.

Removed temporarily in today's update. They will be added again if they can be restricted from entering tanks.

Kyroe    64

why ya gotta be Dissin the Slammer? sure she aint the best tank compared to the T100 and Kuma. but its still an invaluable tank. even proves fairly useful in some POW missions i've probably completed atleast 10 using a slammer to Evac the POW as it actually has passenger capabilites where the other 2 tanks do not. best tank? no. useful? yes. each to their own i suppose?

• Like 1