SirPetri

ARMA 3 w/ second monitor (Athena mod?)

SirPetri    15

So I just got myself a second monitor for my computer and I was thinking it would be nice to utilise it for ARMA 3 to either extend the display or for something like a map display. I happened across the mod Athena and installed it but I noticed that it's not allowed by the I&A server. Is that a deliberate choice or just because mods have to be whitelisted and this one hasn't been considered? If it's the latter is there any chance it could be considered as an allowed mod? 

Either way, does anyone else have a second monitor and use it for ARMA 3? If so - what do you use it for? If you use it to extend the game display - would you mind sharing how you did it? It seems I'll need to use some third-party tool and I'm keen to hear from anyone who has it working successfully. 

Thanks!

(*edited for spelling)

Edited by SirPetri
  • Like 2

• M9'    169

I primarily use my second display to monitor TeamSpeak and occasionally web-brows. Other than that I haven't really found any other particularly productive uses for it with regards to Arma.

SirPetri    15
    10 hours ago, InfamousNova said:

mods are whitelisted

does it require cba?

Not that I'm aware of. I had it running locally and the only mod I have downloaded and installed is Athena. Unless cba comes packaged with it?

I did just notice, however, that the creator of the mod has applied for BattleEye white listing for the latest (Beta) zip (he actually suggests using the Beta version rather than the current release - see https://forums.bistudio.com/forums/topic/171846-athena-an-arma-2nd-screen-application/ - the first post seems to be kept up-to-date even though it's originally from 2014). So I'm guessing until that happens there's not much point white listing the app on the Straya server? I also noticed there's plans to distribute it through steam workshop. Would that also be a requirement for whitelisting it?