Sign in to follow this  
Red

Donation Goals and Income

• Vitale    88

First i wanna say thank you for providing the altis life server im currently having a lot of fun playing on it and have just recently donated to the community with that being said i have 1 question and keep in mind i have 0 understanding of server limitations etc

Running the altis life server on a dedi with all the misc servers the website and sql and other programs does this have any impact on the performance of altis life ? only asking because the server lags a lot the wanted list which just had a new update lags even more now than prior there's constant desync the crashes/kicks have been explaining as a bohemia problem and not much can be done i understand that but what about the other stuff mentioned even the community website is quite slow / occasionally goes down sometimes

Once again this is just a genuine question because i don't understand the limitiations etc of dedi servers and i don't believe its my connection as i never lag/dropout at all

6502069323.png

• Like 1

Connor.    1352

@Vitale We have tried hosting the altis life server on its own dedicated server, the crashes still occurred :cry:

• Like 1

Vitale    88
    1 minute ago, Connor. said:

@Vitale We have tried hosting the altis life server on its own dedicated server, the crashes still occurred :cry:

Fair enough was the server performance the same though i know the crashes and kicks can't be prevented currently but what about the desync and lag ? i know you mentioned when there's issues to tell you directly so its not lost in passing the info down to you

Since the last update with the performance to how database works e.g wanted list its actually be a lot worse i was taking on average 15 - 20 secs for people to be displayed on the wanted list most of the cops noticed it straight away if you wanna take a look into it i will confirm again today when i play if its still the same and submit bug report for you

• Like 1

Red    1068

It probably does, but we are talking nano seconds of delay while something else is being processed.
    I have Altis Life running on isolated cores to prevent both AL effecting other programs and other programs effecting AL.
    Anything regarding crashes and desync/lag is not caused by bad hardware.

I can explain it, but it sounds like Connor is on top of it.

The website is ridiculously large and resource intensive, and I am still getting my head around Apache and PHP optimisation on Windows. 

• Like 6

CeeFar    585

We all really appreciate the work that you put into this community, and I'm sure we can try as a team, and as a community to get that 200 dollars over the goal so you don't have to spend your own money on the TS license. It's a service we ALL use and need. 

- nclem

• Like 2

MOONMAN    15

Hey guys it think it is amazing that you guys have the transparency with the figures. It really shows that the people behind the community are doing the "right stuff" and that you are building a community for people to enjoy and engage in and not just a server.

Keep up the great work.

-MOON-:thumbsup:

• Like 2