Fosty

Hello, my name is: Fosty

Fosty    4

Good day,

My name is Fosty, of Adelaide. 

I am 24 years old an I've been playing the Arma series since around 2001 or 2002 back when it was known as Operation Flashpoint. I really enjoyed that game, even though I didn't finish the campaign or the campaign of the expansions (Red Hammer, and Resistance). Then a few years later in 2007 (I think) I heard about this super realistic game called Arma. I looked into it a bit more and discovered that it was a new and improved version of my old favourite. I downloaded a demo of Arma and enjoyed it, but I never did buy the full game because I didn't have enough money and my PC couldn't run it very well.

A couple years later I had a new PC and saw some videos of Arma 2. It looked amazing, so I pirated it (because I had no money). I finished the campaign and really enjoyed it, then I set foot into multiplayer. I mostly played the Domination game mode which is similar to Invade and Annex. A few months later my pirated CD key stopped working and I went without Arma 2 until I had the money to buy it.

I did eventually buy it and played a bit more on and off until I joined Rifling Matters (RIFM) in 2013. I then played with them every week until we made the switch to Arma 3 just over a year ago (Arma 3 didn't offer enough at the time of release for us to change to it).

When I'm not playing with RIFM I enjoy some King of The Hill and when I'm looking for something more relaxed I jump on an Altis Life server every now and then. I discovered this server about a week ago and it seems better than the others so I think I'll stick around for a bit longer.

As for the rest of my life outside Arma; I work at Hungry Jacks making burgers. It's not as bad as everyone says, but once your hours drop then it sucks. The only other thing I enjoy doing outside of games is going to music shows. The first band I saw live was Alestorm in 2011 and the last band I saw was Slipknot in California in October 2015.

Anyway, that's about it...

Have a good one.

Edited by Fosty
  • Like 1