Sign in to follow this  
Dak Commstar

Terrain Suggestions Via Eden Editor

Dak Commstar    139

Hi all. I will be using this as my masterpost for the terrain suggestions I have for the server. I'll be uploading 'Presentation Posts' for the ideas I have about new terrain for the Wasteland map. These posts will focus on each different area such as towns, stores and well known locations, showcasing the ideas I have created in the Eden editor.

I have the map file, but I don't want to upload it just yet as I am still refining on the ideas I have. Also I haven't figured out a way to do it without the workshop yet so if anyone has suggestions as to how to do that it'd be great :). Also these are specifically TERRAIN ideas only. I have no clue on script implementation yet so if the map file is eventually shared, it will be without script, just terrain to explore. Looking forwards to feedback and other terrain ideas.

cheers

(btw I'm not the map editor, just a player with ideas)

• Like 1

• Dak Commstar    139

Welcome to Achievement Rock. In my map, I have located this out in the bottom right corner of the map. Not too far out, but just visible from 1.6 kilometers out from the southern shore and *possibly visible to the Southern gun store (*if you have the render distance). The idea for this is to act as a line of sight breaker for mainly boats but also aircraft. Driving a boat out to missions is tedious, especially when most stores have a clear view of the ocean and are stocked to the brim with AT-launchers. This would also act as a possible base location, difficult to build on due to it's remote location, but a good storage place for crates and aircraft. It is built down to the ocean floor, so no floating rocks to ruin your immersion. There are two ways up, the arch side and the platform side. You cannot climb from the lower half to the top of the arch so players can assault it from a blindspot to the platforms. I have made it look as natural as possible and am quite pleased with the appearance. For those who dare, I have also placed a few similar arches around in the ocean, formations like these can also act as stunt areas for aircraft and it is sized to fit an A-10 (Wipeout), but just barely. Enjoy the slideshow, Shoot me some feedback :).

Ach_Rock 1.jpg

Ach_Rock 2.jpg

Ach_Rock 3.jpg

Ach_Rock 4.jpg

Ach_Rock 5.jpg

Ach_Rock 6.jpg

Ach_Rock 7.jpg

Ach_Rock 8.jpg

• Like 1

Mozkelby    379

When we get our dedicated server, which will be pretty soon, we'll have the server-power to add in more custom objects such as these.

In the meantime, I've gotta say, you've done a super good job. Including small built-in easter-eggs in structures like this would be pretty awesome too, especially for new players. 

• Like 2

KRISTIAN.    70
    On ‎19‎/‎09‎/‎2016 at 9:22 PM, Mozkelby said:

When we get our dedicated server, which will be pretty soon, we'll have the server-power to add in more custom objects such as these.

In the meantime, I've gotta say, you've done a super good job. Including small built-in easter-eggs in structures like this would be pretty awesome too, especially for new players. 

Dedicated server for wasteland??? SWEET

Dak Commstar    139

APOSTLES - SHORE BASE - ROCK SPIRES

Hello again, another idea on the drawing board. This idea aims to bring players a bit more towards the shore by creating towering apostles for them to climb. I have created this one with slanting angles so there is not too much cover for players, but enough flat zones to shoot from. Players can run straight up from the bottom, circling around until they reach the top. These are easy to build and place and can be added inland as well. The height is about 100m or close to. These don't use up too many props and look very natural in the ocean. In this example I have also built a trail of rocks from the shore to the bottom of the spire, broken in places to make players build bridges. The width of the path can also be varied to allow enough room for a car or as small as making a player tip-toe about a ledge to get around. Again, feedback appreciated :). I'll be rolling out more ideas shortly.

Kamino Apostle 1.jpg

Kamino Apostle 2.jpg

Kamino Apostle 3.jpg

Kamino Apostle 4.jpg

• Like 1