Sign in to follow this  
Joshua Walker

MY Concept at a HALO suggestion

Joshua Walker    149

HALO jumping seems to be a frequent ask for I&A, and it should be there.

My idea would be to make it that the black fish infantry transporters have a HALO option when they are above 1000 meters high, they recieve a HALO jump option, which wouldn't require a parachute (similar to Wastelands Beacon spawn, just less magical)

This would allow for groups to be able to HALO into the A.O with explosives in their bags. Because if you do want to have that sort of feel, you would need a chopper pilot to load a box full of equipment and sling it into the PDP (Paratrooper Drop Point)

This would at least people try to have a tactical paratrooper squad thing, without the hassle of sorting out what the pilots need to do for supplies

Edited by Joshua Walker

• Zombine45    177

People don't seem to understand that having the advantage to just drop in on your enemy out of nowhere, means you can't take a lot of your gear. It's a fair trade off and i don't think they're going to change the system.
     My suggestion is that you get a pilot to drop in an ammo crate with all your kitbags in it.

Also, the large font size isn't needed, people are going to read it all the same.

• Like 2

CreedJr    385

I agree with @Zombine45

Having the ability to drop in on your enemies from the sky has it's pros and cons that must be decided upon when choosing your plans of attack. Being able to drop in completely kitted with a full backpack takes away from the fact you must strategically choose which method of insertion you will need on your attack of the AO.

All different methods of insertion must maintain having pros and cons for the game to remain as realistic and the way I see it, as challenging as possible. If you want your backpack kits when you hit the ground. Clear your drop point with the ammunition you carry in your vest and then call a heli carrying a crate to rearm.

Parko    24

Another point that needs to be raised is the fact that as soon as HALO'ing becomes a thing, people are going to start whining and crying about being shot out of the sky, because all the idiots will decide to drop straight over the RT or HQ marker and expect to land safely. 

Riflemen, Engineers, Combat Medics etc are basic roles, they aren't paratroopers. Although if we want to start playing technical, medics aren't gillie wearing marksmen either. 

• Like 1