waynomac

Situational give in the rules

waynomac    3

Hi guys

i want to start this post off by saying im not here to upset anyone or cause any arguments

my question is in relation to aviation rule 2 but also the rules in general

2.  You MUST be a pilot to fly an aircraft.

• If you are a non-pilot and there are less than 20 players on the server, then you may fly a Hummingbird in co-pilot.
  • If there are over 20 players, you may fly a Hummingbird to and from Side mission only.

now i completly understand the need for rules and having those rules inforced and as a whole i dont have a problem with said rules but what i would like to know, can the admins have a little situational give in the rules?? i.e 27 players on but only one pilot or zero pilots!. in this situation would we still be allowed to fly the littlebird to the AO as 26 players standing at base waiting on 1 below average pilot can kinda ruin someones session. I also would like to note that not everyone enjoys flying so admins saying "well there are x amount of pilots slots open get in one" alas "forcing" players to get into a role they dont enjoy could/would reck someone session..

note: i also understand that there is ground vehicles that  we can use to get to the AO but i have noticed that in some situations like the example above some infantry dont mind flying a squad over then respawing the heli and joining the fight

thankyou for your time

Edited by waynomac
  • Like 2

• Fitz    1239

The rules also state right at the top:

All of these rules are subject to the discretion of Admins and Moderators.

In your example, this is supposed to mean that if there are no or barely any pilots available, that whichever staff member is on can decide for themselves how they want to handle the issue. If it was me on at the time, I would say how many pilot slots are available and encourage people to take them. Until then, I would let non pilots fly to ao and respawn their choppers.

I hope other staff would do the same/similar. 

• Like 2

waynomac    3

Thankyou for taking the time to reply fitz

For the most part in the short time that i have been playing I&A (which my wife tells me is way to much) the admins have been very understanding and helpful it just seems sometimes i have seen admin/s take the "rules are final, no ifs, buts or maybes" approach which has  a very negative impact on that particular session

• Like 1