Rat66

My boy. RIP

• Leopard    7

R.I.P Jasper

A touching thread.

Amazing what they do these days as in the wheelchair (if you want to call it that). That allows him to keep moving.  

• Like 1

CeeFar    585

That sucks man, what an absolute trooper.

Like I said in the shoutbox, if you need anyone to talk to about it chuck me a message on the forums/TeamSpeak, happy to chat anytime :)

My condolences. R.I.P Jasper.

Envy    649

That was a really touching thread, I had a little dog called Coco, she was a jack russell and lived until the age of 16, extremely old for a dog and she had been with me ever since I was born. I hope you find peace.

insanD    431

My heart goes out to you and anybody affected by his death. I lost two dogs due to old age early in my life and it hurt me bad.

Those two dogs were literally my childhood, if you need to chat about it man, my door is always open for you or anybody that is having troubles.

• Like 1

Salt    77

RiP Jasper

I know how it feels man, I lost my Best friend when i was 8. Come home from school excited that i get to play with my best mate and end up getting sat down by my father saying that he had ran away but i was told the real story when i was around 13 that he actually had been hit by a car and left on the curb. Even though this was 5 years later, i literally broke down cause it brang back the memories of myself and him (max) all the good times we had together. 

Sorry about your loss man

• Like 1

Rat66    72

Thanks for all the comments and the stories of your experiences with losing a four-legged friend.

Salt sad story mate. You never forget your fist dog as a child I know I never will forget the dog I had growing up she lived to 18yrs old I was 21 when she passed away.

I am very lucky my family and close friends knew how close Jasper and I was so they have been flooding me with calls.

We always had a very close friendship from day one he came everywhere with me. We were like glued together.  After his operation he needed special care so we become even closer the wife always whinged Jasper always come first she was probably right.

It’s when you do your routine things around the house the loss hits you hard like last night was garbage night I did it with no Jasper for the first time ever and it hit home again.

He knew what night was garbage night and as soon as he seen my hand grab the bin he was off 100 miles an hour down the 200+ meters driveway he would get that wheel chair up on one wheel around the corner he was going that fast. He would get out the front way before me and he would start leaving his mark all over the place out front as a neighbour’s dog would do the same so they would try and outdo each other. They did meet once out the front and it was on big time my neighbour pick up his dog and all I seen was Jasper still locked on the rear leg wheelchair and all hanging in mid-air and my neighbour hitting his nose trying to make him let go. The neighbour’s dog was so much bigger it would of killed my boy but bulldogs have a very big heart and never back down.

Thanks again guys this post has really help's big time just talking about him helps.

Cheers

nightwolf    7
    3 minutes ago, Rat66 said:

Thanks for all the comments and the stories of your experiences with losing a four-legged friend.

Salt sad story mate. You never forget your fist dog as a child I know I never will forget the dog I had growing up she lived to 18yrs old I was 21 when she passed away.

I am very lucky my family and close friends knew how close Jasper and I was so they have been flooding me with calls.

We always had a very close friendship from day one he came everywhere with me. We were like glued together.  After his operation he needed special care so we become even closer the wife always whinged Jasper always come first she was probably right.

It’s when you do your routine things around the house the loss hits you hard like last night was garbage night I did it with no Jasper for the first time ever and it hit home again.

He knew what night was garbage night and as soon as he seen my hand grab the bin he was off 100 miles an hour down the 200+ meters driveway he would get that wheel chair up on one wheel around the corner he was going that fast. He would get out the front way before me and he would start leaving his mark all over the place out front as a neighbour’s dog would do the same so they would try and outdo each other. They did meet once out the front and it was on big time my neighbour pick up his dog and all I seen was Jasper still locked on the rear leg wheelchair and all hanging in mid-air and my neighbour hitting his nose trying to make him let go. The neighbour’s dog was so much bigger it would of killed my boy but bulldogs have a very big heart and never back down.

Thanks again guys this post has really help's big time just talking about him helps.

Cheers

i share your pain. i know how hard it is to loose a pet. a pet aint just a pet. when u watch it grow up. and raise it its like it becomes a child of you. and seeing a pet die is never easy. so i share the pain bro <3

• Like 1