OutLord

Teamspeak for Pilots

OutLord    6

hey Y'all.

I been on the server a couple of weeks now and there are a couple of things that I would like to suggest. Most pilots on TeamSpeak are great and the admins do an awesome job. But if we MUST be on TS then Is it not a fair consideration to enforce Push to Talk on that one channel? rather than me having to mute some members in the channel. On that point, what is the point of being in the channel if you mute yourself? In my mind being muted is the same as not being on the channel at all.

Thoughts?

• shift597    178

Hey Outlord thanks for your suggestion. I can agree with you on both your points here and i do actively tell players in TS that they must at least be able to hear the conversation. I dont have as much of a problem with just their mics muted as they can easily type in chat in its place. In terms of enforcing push to talk i understand why you would want this, obviously due to hotmikers and the like but as far as im concerned you cant actually tell from looking at their info on TS whether they are using push to talk so that would be pretty hard to enforce (but i could be wrong).

BruhBea    1
    1 hour ago, shift597 said:

Hey Outlord thanks for your suggestion. I can agree with you on both your points here and i do actively tell players in TS that they must at least be able to hear the conversation. I dont have as much of a problem with just their mics muted as they can easily type in chat in its place. In terms of enforcing push to talk i understand why you would want this, obviously due to hotmikers and the like but as far as im concerned you cant actually tell from looking at their info on TS whether they are using push to talk so that would be pretty hard to enforce (but i could be wrong).

It's possible to make the channel PTT only. But idk if its really necessary

• Like 1

shift597    178

well its not a huge problem because like outlord said their piers rib them in for it pretty good but idk could be something to look into

Lotza    522

Push to Talk can be enforced by TS3 itself. There is an permission setting in the TS3 config that allows an admin to enforce a specific set of users or group to use a Push-To-Talk setting. I personally would prefer that this is not enabled as I myself use a mic-on/mic-off chat system (Meaning if I wish to talk I unmute my mic, and if I am not speaking I mute my mic.)

Untitled.jpg

Edited by Lotza

Nova    1779
    1 hour ago, Lotza said:

Push to Talk can be enforced by TS3 itself. There is an permission setting in the TS3 config that allows an admin to enforce a specific set of users or group to use a Push-To-Talk setting. I personally would prefer that this is not enabled as I myself use a mic-on/mic-off chat system (Meaning if I wish to talk I unmute my mic, and if I am not speaking I mute my mic.)

Untitled.jpg

you would still have to apply that channel group to everyone.

i myself dont have push to talk on and you can never hear me not mic