M0n1t0R

New Comms Channel for Fires

M0n1t0R    0

G'day,

I'm wondering if we could introduce a "Fires" channel into the I & A teamspeak channel.

This would be available to JTACs and FOs to coordinate with CAS and Offensive Support, to enable fire missions through air or IDF. 

Currently I hang out on the pilots channel to coordinate this, however this mostly seems to be an admin channel entering and departing airspace around the airport or AO.

Using a dedicated channel could minimise traffic on the pilots channel and more more efficient for the conduct of fire missions 

Cheers

• Zombine45    177

I agree with this idea, and there are a couple other channels i think would be nice to have (i.e Logistical services).

However, i think it should be named "Fire Support" to minimize confusion.

Sweet    7

It'll would probably unnecessary to create a channel just for the sole purpose of CAS fire-missions. Players that play the role of JTACs, FO or Squad-Leaders (SLs) are allowed to sit in the pilot channel given that they follow the rule that "Pilots have priority over other players in this channel". Just a simple message/request of CAS fire-missions in the pilot channel shouldn't be enough to clutter the channel. 

E.g:

SL: This is Alpha 1-1 requesting gun run on target/marker/location.

CAS: Solid copy Alpha 1-1, commencing gun run on target/marker/location.

If you also feel that the pilot channel is getting a bit noisy don't be afraid to remind players the rules of the channel or contact a staff member to moderate the channel. The pilot channel is dedicated for the pilots to communicate to each other. Remember though that this is a casual pub server so having fun is top priority whether it be working with your friends or new people you find on the server.

Edited by Sweet
    • Like 1

Tracuer    92

on top of what sweet said, another option is ask the CAS pilot to join your group, make a new one and just be you and them, call them in and talk as much as you need to get them on target through the in game group chat :)

• Like 2