Griffo

Strayagaming in 2017 - expand and conquer!

Griffo    159

G'day all,

ive been been deliberating about ways in which SG can sustain itself going into the future. I know that we are the most popular oceanic server by far in arma 3, but A3 will only last so long. 

In saying that, it poses a problematic question; what happens to this community we have spent so much time, effort and money into when the A3 bandwagon dies?

so I spoke with some admins, inc Leopard, and decided to undertake an endeavour:

To use the popularity of free to play games as a platform to grow SG.

so I'm reaching out for help. I've got a few games I'm keen on like Mechwarrior Online and Warhammer 40k: Eternal Crusade.

But I need more ideas and more people involved. I want you to work with me in expanding and growing SG.

if you have a proactive attitude and the time to put in, let me know and let's make sure SG is around for a long time, not just a good time.

• Like 3

• Griffo    159
    11 minutes ago, InfamousNova said:

griffo for community manager?

Hellz no. I don't want that kind of responsibility. I just want to help keep the community going.

I have a low tolerance threshold for peoples bullsh*t. If I had to put up with half of what the current admins / community managers do, I'd lose it and go full Alf Stewart on everyone.

Edited by Griffo

Nova    1779
    Just now, Griffo said:

Hellz no. I don't want that kind of responsibility. I just want to help keep the community going.

nah dude you got what it takes. sign up to the community team

• Like 1

Griffo    159

So here's some of the key ideas I wanted to roll out for us to expand:

DayZ Survivor groups

Dota / LoL in-house tournaments.

Mechwarrior online clan

Warhammer 40k clan

By branching out into other games beside ARMA, we are reaching out to the Australian gaming community as a whole, not just the ARMA Australian community. Once other individuals and people see us and our skill, they'll want to be a part of what we are.

With persistence , planning and some luck, this will work. The beauty of it is it won't cost us or SG a cent.

LuckyB33f    1287
    11 minutes ago, Griffo said:

So here's some of the key ideas I wanted to roll out for us to expand:

DayZ Survivor groups

Dota / LoL in-house tournaments.

Mechwarrior online clan

Warhammer 40k clan

By branching out into other games beside ARMA, we are reaching out to the Australian gaming community as a whole, not just the ARMA Australian community. Once other individuals and people see us and our skill, they'll want to be a part of what we are.

With persistence , planning and some luck, this will work. The beauty of it is it won't cost us or SG a cent.

I would love to reach out for clan base stuff I have ideas and desire for WoW clans and so on aswell.

But the key factor is:
    how do we push that way? 
    Who are going to do it?
    How does the forums need to look?
    Do we need another TS (keep arma3 stuff away from them?)?
    Will our forums work for them? or will i need to get another forum for clans types?

Right now I have my hands full with building something new. Which I'm hoping will be released this month.
    @TrueBlue is me right now. Work with him and @Leopard. If you want to bring new factor into SG. It'll take a lot of planning and marketing.

• Like 4

Nova    1779
    31 minutes ago, BulletL said:

Anyone thought about CSGO Team??? Pretty large esports scene...

we tried this many years ago, but perhaps its an option