Warhorse

Vortex: In the hold

Warhorse    1

Hi All,

Quick question.

I was recently assigned a ban because it was of the opinion I was ‘not playing my role’ as a Pilot because I was holding at 14,000 ft in a chopper.

<18:48:20> "Bridtheatl": in my opinion you were not transporting the only time i seen you transport was like 3times in the hour

I often do this whilst waiting for transport requests as it helps conduct pick-ups faster. There were four other Pilots at base waiting on the ground so they had that covered.

Is it a rule that Pilots can’t hold at altitude when waiting?

Thanks for the help. 

• Zombine45    177

While i'm not a moderator nor an admin, in general practice pilots wait at the base untill they're called in, holding at altitude isn't really helping the people at the base, and while there were other pilots available, you are also a pilot, you can't expect special treatment just because there's four other pilots. I'd say that if you have enough time to climb to 14,000 ft then you have enough time to RTB and grab some more guys.

CreedJr    385
    2 hours ago, Warhorse said:

I have to disagree, anybody at base had more than enough support.

All I can say is, this might be a video game etc. But it is a simulation of war, in war, I have the opinion there is no such thing as overkill, therefore nether enough support.

People just get into the nearest helicopter, if you are sitting at an altitude of 14,000 ft then those people don't even have a chance of getting into your helicopter.

By the time you think "all the other helicopters are done better drop altitude and pick up the passengers" the helicopters would've done their rounds and already be back before you. It is because of that immaturity and non-logical method of being a pilot that you would have had that ban placed on you. And bans may NOT be negotiated via a Discussions thread. If you have a problem, do what everyone else does and write an unban appeal. Tagging @BridTheAtl

Fitz    1239

It's not a rule that you can't hold at altitude but it is a rule that you must be able to communicate on Teamspeak. Brid asked you multiple times on TS to stop stuffing around and you continued to ignore him, even after receiving a kick. The rules also state that "A pilot’s primary role is to provide timely and indiscriminate transport". I fail to see how sitting at base at "14,000 ft" is helping you achieve this. Brid also mentioned that there was only one pilot waiting to receive passengers at base at the time.

As for your usual habits, myself and other staff members frequently witness you flying around aimlessly with no passengers and you need to be reminded to join Teamspeak 90% of the time.

I will reduce your ban to 4 days, but if there are any other issues with you relating to piloting, you will be blacklisted from the role for a time we feel is appropriate. This includes failing to join Teamspeak BEFORE you start flying.

In the future, if you would like to appeal a ban, you can post here https://strayagaming.com.au/forums/forum/50-unban-requests/

Edited by Fitz
    • Like 5