Isaacdevil

Something to prevent team mates stealing each other's stuff

Isaacdevil    1

I may sound like a kid raging or something which I'm not (I'm 18 in fact), but I just find it quite stupid that people on the same team can just wait till you die and then pick up all the money and things you had.. People do it too much on here as well, it happens a lot for me and I don't see the point of trying again if it happens a lot and this is why I can't even play with others on there most of the time..

• Like 1

• James32    823

Hey,

I agree with what @Adolf said, It is easiest to report people who steal your gear to admins/mods, you should note however that they are allowed to take your gear if they were not in the area when you died/could not have reasonably made any effort to revive you. However, most players will not take your gear if you ask them politely not to in side chat!

It's very hard to have any in game solution to this issue due to the grey area of exactly when gear  can be taken (which is hard to qualify in code ect), so for now it is most effective to simply tell us so we can look into it if you think a player has taken your gear in a way that breaches server rules. I will however have a think on if there is any reasonable middle ground/way to implement a solution to this that doesn't inconvenience rule abiding players as well.

On 18/06/2017 at 11:46 AM, Adolf said:

It's against the rules so the best thing to do would be get an admin on ts or record it via shadowplay. 

yeah last time i was teamkilled and the guy sat there next to me waiting for me to die so he could take my shit, though once i died he buried my shit and the guy was also trolling b4 hand. @Ya Mum was in the ts channel i was in while all of it happened and he did **** all until i was actually dead and had lost my shit thats when he kicked the guy to indie. even though i had footage, plus i was asking ya mum to do something yet he didnt do anything until i had lost alll my stuff my $40.000 worth of gear. how ever the guy who was trolling flew close to me when i was trying not to be spotted and i warned him not to come close to me in a heli and he did so i did teamkill him for hovering 3m obove my head while im sniping. how ever i warned him in the first place. but as @Ya Mum said its calling the kettle black. 

So in my opinion don't bother contacting a admin cos they will just sit there and laugh at you. just take it like a man and drink a cup of cement to harden up.

Simple fix:

Small Script that wont allow looting bodies from teammates similar to the locked vehicle script but for bodies so when a team mate dies if you try and loot the body it will prevent you and have a mini msg say you cannot loot a teammates body. however if they die and leave the server then you should then be free to take there gear. MUST NOT HAVE A OPTION TO ALLOW YOU TO LOOT THE BODY: for instance dont have a unlock body button or something cos it defeats the purpose of this entire idea.

It must allow the original owner to loot his gear without any issues. 

Edited by The Hopelessgamer

Jüstice™.    46
    28 minutes ago, Ya Mum said:

Not entirely an accurate representation of what happened is it ....

I've got ya back Ya Mum i have shadowplay running at the time :) and we all know video isnt bias...get on line FFS

James32    823

To comment further on this,

This is far from a simple fix, the proposal is filled with holes that would lead to people being unable to loot bodies they are allowed to loot in some cases. The problem stems from the question of how I could ever aim to code something that "knows" when a rule has been broken, because there are lots of situations where people are allowed to loot friendly bodies under our rules. What type of constraints are there that would stop rule-breaking team looters without stopping people who want to loot the bodies of dead friendlies within our rules. It is virtually impossible to design a flaw proof system to do this given the levels of nuance in our current ruleset regarding looting friendly bodies.

I feel like in the end people like to complain about friendlies looting their stuff even when it is within the rules, feeling an entitlement to the gear and confuse this with genuine rule breaks which occur far less frequently from my experience, rarely enough that staff can stay on top of it if you alert us in a timely and mature manner to the issue and provide evidence.

There isn't any programmatic magical bullet that can enforce a rule as nuanced as this one, and to be honest i dont want to implement a system that is poorly thought out or inconveniences players who are within their rights to loot a given body and even if I did it is anything but "A simple script" it would involve several changes to how the looting system on our server works, and would be a disproportionate amount of work for a  likely ultimately futile attempt at stopping this issue, whilst having the very likely chance to lead to unforeseen inconveniences to legitimate players