Matsozetex

Dedicated PhysX GPU

Matsozetex    89

I've heard rumours about having a dedicated PhysX GPU increasing minimum frames. Just want to ask: (1) Does it actually effect the game and (2) what effect does it have on the game,

• Vitale    88
    16 minutes ago, Matsozetex said:

(1) Does it actually effect the game

If you have a weaker CPU and your setting for Physx in nvidia control panel is set to cpu then it will impact your frames as arma utilizes a lot of cpu 

17 minutes ago, Matsozetex said:

(2) what effect does it have on the game

As mentioned above if you can set a dedicated card for physx it takes away from taxing resources on the CPU the actual benefit is varied on hardware and i would say you gain a few fps at best its nothing major but any fps you can get helps

Most of the time you will gain the most fps by correctly configuring your video settings in game to work with what hardware you have

For example my pc i have a 1080ti and 5930k my bottleneck is the cpu so i set my physx setting to use my video card not my cpu and i noticed like a 4 - 5 fps increase it could be placebo but feels smoother for me

• Like 1

Farqman    86

I tried this on my system. I have a 6700k @4.6ghz, 32gb Ram and 1080ti’s in SLI.

Arma doesn’t play nice with SLI as PIP has flickering which is annoying. Normally I just run it on a single card.

i set the second card to be dedicated PhysX and I didn’t notice any difference, I did however suffer s few game crashes. Can’t remember exactly, but I think it was Access Violations....I think...

Nova    1779
    21 minutes ago, Farqman said:

I tried this on my system. I have a 6700k @4.6ghz, 32gb Ram and 1080ti’s in SLI.

Arma doesn’t play nice with SLI as PIP has flickering which is annoying. Normally I just run it on a single card.

i set the second card to be dedicated PhysX and I didn’t notice any difference, I did however suffer s few game crashes. Can’t remember exactly, but I think it was Access Violations....I think...

good to know it doesnt really do anything