Connor.

Capture the Flag?

Should we make a Capture the Flag server?  

34 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Connor.    1352

Hi all,

A couple of posts on the forums over the last few days have got me thinking, should we make a Capture the Flag server?

The first post was about our pop-up server events:

Specifically the reply suggesting we host a KOTH server. The reasons why KOTH may not be such a good idea are posted in that thread, but the point is there is a clear desire for that kind of PvP gameplay.

The other post is one by @Warden showing how to add flags to vehicles:

Seeing this reminded me of the player-held flags, which I have hardly ever seen used in a mission.

With those two thought bubbles merged together Capture the Flag is what comes to mind.

If we were to make CTF we would definitely look at what makes KOTH so appealing and try to replicate it for CTF gameplay. Things like the progression system for example. Ranking up to unlock new items and vehicles could be easily designed to work in a CTF scenario, and it obviously adds great replay value.

Make sure you vote on the poll attached to this thread so we can get an idea of where people stand on this.

Cheers,

Connor

• Like 2
  • Seems Good 3
  • Pogchamp 1
  • wooow 2

• 1LT Xiverta    48

@Connor.

i think what makes KOTH appealing is the XP and money fact and the levels on top of and endless pvp area were people dont have to look all over a map for kills

Nova    1779
    3 hours ago, 1LT Xiverta said:

@Connor.

i think what makes KOTH appealing is the XP and money fact and the levels on top of and endless pvp area were people dont have to look all over a map for kills

6 hours ago, Connor. said:

Things like the progression system for example. Ranking up to unlock new items and vehicles could be easily designed to work in a CTF scenario, and it obviously adds great replay value.

• Like 2

This would be fun but at the moment i think it would be best to fix all the issues in the current servers. Then bring this out the next day!

Edited by MasGamerPro
    adding shit
    • Wait What? 2

Nova    1779
    2 hours ago, MasGamerPro said:

This would be fun but at the moment i think it would be best to fix all the issues in the current servers. Then bring this out the next day!

what do you mean the issues with the current servers?

10 hours ago, InfamousNova said:

what do you mean the issues with the current servers?

Invade and annex is the only one i can account for because a lot of things became broken since the last update and i know that they are currently being worked on.

• Wait What? 1

Nova    1779
    23 minutes ago, MasGamerPro said:

Invade and annex is the only one i can account for because a lot of things became broken since the last update and i know that they are currently being worked on.

can you give me an example because i do not know anything about these broken things.

also connor doesnt dev I&A so its completely irrelevant whether or not he should focus one thing or another

• Wesmart 2

14 hours ago, InfamousNova said:

connor doesnt dev I&A so its completely irrelevant whether or not he should focus one thing or another

Well you asked what issues so this has became relevant between you and I. (So we should talk about this somewhere else now.)

14 hours ago, InfamousNova said:

Can you give me an example because i do not know anything about these broken things.

Don't know if this is a script thing or just a game thing but the jets bounce near the jet service, The Loadout save system isn't working completely properly for me at least, have also seen some strange side mission issue where a side mission once it spawns will either instantly finish as a success or a fail, zeus is also apparently broken from what i have heard from many people with it crashing anyone who attempts to zeus. That is all i know of, somethings might be wrong on what i said but that is all that i think is not working completely correct or not working at all.

Nova    1779
    13 minutes ago, MasGamerPro said:

Don't know if this is a script thing or just a game thing but the jets bounce near the jet service

didnt know this one but no one else has reported it so far. i have never seen this happen either.

13 minutes ago, MasGamerPro said:

The Loadout save system isn't working completely properly for me at least

this was disabled like 2-3 weeks ago because it was causing some issues. we've told people in game about it. no eta on fix

15 minutes ago, MasGamerPro said:

have also seen some strange side mission issue where a side mission once it spawns will either instantly finish as a success or a fail

theres a chance that a zeus intentionally fail the mission because they are sometimes bugged

17 minutes ago, MasGamerPro said:

zeus is also apparently broken from what i have heard from many people with it crashing anyone who attempts to zeus

this is a bohemia issue nothing to do with the server. they are working on a fix

if you have any other bugs or see any other bugs try get a screenshot or a video and send it to one of us

Bow    149

1v1v1 Capture the flag would be fun for sure! Maybe alternate between a two team and three team CTF sets of games. As well as alternation with the intended game style that be either a focus on vehicles, air or CQB/Ranged/Urban combat ect :wesmart: