Tungsten

Attack Helicopter Trail Feedback

Tungsten    69

So far i have used 4 of the 5 available Attack heli's in the rotation (Pawnee, Armed Orca, Armed Hellcat and the Kajiman) For the main part, they all have the same issues, you NEED the infantry to clear out the AA and another pilot to stay in the AA jet, which is kinda a good thing, but when cooperation breaks down, it is useless

The Pawnee performs as you would expect of a Pawnee, very good at strafes, very nimble but very much reliant on the infantry taking out any armored vehicles, more so then others

The Armed Hellcat is the better of the Pawnee and Orca, Performs strafes really well, can transport a decent amount of people, has Flares and RWR as well as a Copilot who can use the FLIR, Downsides are it cant engage vehicles that are not a MRAP or Marid as any Auto cannon will chew it up.

The Armed Orca needs a Loadout Change, the sky-fires are good, but the 20mm gun pod is very situational alone, due to its low ammo count and how hard it is to aim due to lack of tracers, although it can engage enemy air much easier with it.

The Kajiman is still the Top dog of the Attack Helicopters, Primarily due to the 30mm Cannon, it allows it to engage light armor with APDS rounds, as well as infantry with HE, and Skyfires for various targets with the added ability to transport troops

Will Add Blackfoot feedback when i try

• Like 4

• Fitz    1239

Thanks for the feedback.

I have added flares to the Pawnee and doubled the ammo on the 20mm Orca gun. I've also removed the Side rewards that are the same as the CAS helis.

Do you think the Orca would be better off with something else instead of the 20mm, maybe the standard 6.5mm?

Tungsten    69

Its worth a try, if not mirroring the pylons for either 20mm gunpods or rocket pods

• Like 1

Tungsten    69

Finally got a go at the Blackfoot, Its similar in its Performance to the Skyfire Kajiman, its much better at Overhead Support with the 20mm and DARs then the Pawnee, Hellcat and Orca, while also having 2 ATGMs for AT work or SEAD.

Only Problem with it is that it would be better to give fire-control of the DARs to the pilot rather then the Gunner.

I think we will probably need another test, one with only the Orca, Hellcat and Orca in rotation and another with only the Blackfoot and Kajiman, maybe even a Armed Blackfish

• Like 1

I agree with Tungstens comments and want to add that the Orca when it reloads only loads half the ammo 300 not the 600 it starts with.

The attack heli's are alot more fun then the standard CAS jet

• Like 1
    • kkool 1

Fitz    1239
    1 hour ago, Tungsten said:

give fire-control of the DARs to the pilot

1 hour ago, imperatorsteve said:

only loads half the ammo 300 not the 600

Should be sorted now.