Farqman

Rinse & Repeat

Farqman    86

Just have a couple of questions about the Main AO and side missions.

In regards to the Main AO, is there currently any plans to change the format? Currently it is three objectives. Destroy the radio tower, take HQ and clear the area. Occasionally we also get the odd defend here and there. I was curious about the possibility of adding or changing objectives randomly within the AO. Similar to a side mission, add in an anti air battery, artillery outpost or perhaps a helicopter landing pad where you have to destroy a fuel/ammo station? Just seeking something different that keeps troops moving. Currently the majority of players take HQ and just camp there until the AO finishes once the tower is destroyed, which is usually done by someone rushing into AO with a car.

side Missions...

Currently we are rewarded for completing them, but is there any action if we fail? Just an idea, if we fail a side mission, have a couple of Tigs spawn outside of an AO at random position on the map, or a couple of armed helicopters spawn. Transport helicopter flies to AO, next thing they are targeted out of the blue and CAS/Armour/UAV has to go eliminate them? As it stands once an AO has spawned, anti air is taken out immediately. If anti air isn’t your thing, maybe a tank platoon? 4 MBT head for Main AO?

just a suggestion.

• Like 1

• Farqman    86

Also, currently we have the Helicopter side mission. Is it possible to make this spawn at one of the smaller airfields, or salt flat?

Make it a bit more heavily guarded and fortified? Or would this kill FPS too much?

Nova    1779
    1 hour ago, Farqman said:

In regards to the Main AO, is there currently any plans to change the format? Currently it is three objectives. Destroy the radio tower, take HQ and clear the area. Occasionally we also get the odd defend here and there. I was curious about the possibility of adding or changing objectives randomly within the AO. Similar to a side mission, add in an anti air battery, artillery outpost or perhaps a helicopter landing pad where you have to destroy a fuel/ammo station? Just seeking something different that keeps troops moving. Currently the majority of players take HQ and just camp there until the AO finishes once the tower is destroyed, which is usually done by someone rushing into AO with a car.

just wait like 2 weeks and you'll see

• Pogchamp 2

I think Farqman's ideas would add more fun / interest in the server.

I personally only play as pilot or a sniper (unless its a zeus mission) and if they are taken then I log off and go to another game. I fly & snipe for the same reason; the challenge. Joining the "campers" in the HQ until another side mission comes up isn't my idea of a fun challenge which is why I very really do it. However, more variety it would interest me in playing the other roles.

I'm sure others out there would think the same.

my 2 cents :)

4 minutes ago, InfamousNova said:

just wait like 2 weeks and you'll see

Dam it Nova, you posted just before me lol. 

looks like something exciting is in the works :)

Edited by imperatorsteve

Farqman    86

I seen the devlog posted on the 22nd I think it was that there is an update coming. 

Just throwing out some ideas.

You could also link success/failure of side missions to correlate to the size of the next AO? No idea how you would code that though.

Can't wait to see what is in store for us.

Nova    1779
    1 minute ago, Farqman said:

You could also link success/failure of side missions to correlate to the size of the next AO? No idea how you would code that though.

shouldnt be too hard to add a few extra vehicles or troops or whatever to an AO if the mission fails but thats up to fitz to decide if he wants to add that in

Farqman    86

Don't get me wrong. I "understand" the challenge trying to keep the server balanced. 

More AI means less FPS

More armour is good when CAS is up, but a huge challenge for troops and air transport if it is shot down. 

Then you have to take into consideration times when there is only 10 people on the server. 

Corporal Kerry    141

You just need to do more with what AI already spawns, and an AO spawns quite a few AI. Just retask a few or make the AO defenses random, so you do not know what to expect. Otherwise it is the same AO over and over again. Maybe spread it out a bit so that there is not just the HQ and the tower, maybe a random building with some kind of importance that must be captured without blowing it up. Domination had three Cargo Posts around the AO randomly and you had to hold all three to capture the AO. That would be different. Invade and Annex Tanoa had three sectors that you had to hold to capture AO. I think it would be a good idea. Then you would have to spread logistics over the whole AO.

And the AO is easier when there are only 10 people on as there are not as many enemies.

Edited by Corporal Kerry